Plymouth 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ross hasn't thought this through very well has he? :icon_lol:

He rarely does:icon_bigg. He was incensed by the caller asking for DJ's recall and rang straight through. Trouble was after having his say he did a Robbie Savage and didn't answer the presenters question but went on about his own point that we were doing okay etc and we were going on this week to beat Doncaster (he's had his ticket for ages)

Still he is passionate about City and having grown up surrounded by Man U fans (wife etc) and Wednesday Blades and Rothrum fans I'm just glad he never went to the dark side:icon_bigg

Poor result.

As I said, draw.

Nigel just referred to the pitch as a 'cow field' :icon_lol: .... players very tired. Never heard Nige sound quite comical before.

Bless them. Poor little lambs.

Just saw the own goal on footy league show. Our commentators made it sound like a genuine mistake but it was far worse than that. The player chipped it back with some power, even if the keeper was on his line it would still have been a terribl piece of play.

Also saw that tackle on Robbie Savage, AWFUL. Im more shocked that no Derby players were punished, their keeper Bywater shoved the player on his arse !

To be fair, Pintado deserved a good hammering for that assault and I don't blame bywater whatsoever. I am not Savage's biggest fan but the tackle was awful and deserves a long ban.

To be fair, Pintado deserved a good hammering for that assault and I don't blame bywater whatsoever. I am not Savage's biggest fan but the tackle was awful and deserves a long ban.

Cleverley's wasn't much better.

We're unbeaten in 6 and our season has still yet to go seriously off the rails, on the day I think it's a decent outcome considering how poor we were. Losing to them would have been even worse than losing to Barnsley.
Never understand the importance of this. You can be unbeaten in six by drawing six games and getting six points. I'd rather lose three, win two and draw one and get seven points if I'm honest. Cant see why Nottingham Fox is 'delighted' with a point at Plymouth. I am not distraught with it, but definately not 'delighted'!!

Never understand the importance of this. You can be unbeaten in six by drawing six games and getting six points. I'd rather lose three, win two and draw one and get seven points if I'm honest. Cant see why Nottingham Fox is 'delighted' with a point at Plymouth. I am not distraught with it, but definately not 'delighted'!!

You can't understand the importance of not losing games?

I thought it was a decent point on a crappy pitch which you coudln't play football on and resorting to hoofball we weren't likely to score ourselves.(That might be the free alcohol blinded memories though.)

Had a decent day out, we had to pick a Plymouth as MOTM though( I complained loudly about it:icon_bigg) But though we were tempted to pick the lad who score the og, we went with that Noone kid. He seemed a bit surprised when he came up for the post match photos that most of us were Leicester fans, but he was gracious enough.

I won the quiz(HA!) but as I refused to have my photo with a Plymouth player Ben nicked the bottle of wine and had his photo with him instead.

We weren't supposed to go into the away changing room but we pretty please asked the kitman and he let us go in, never heard owt that was being said in there as us girls were too busy taking photos of our lads kit and stuff.

I was tempted to nick Oakley's shirt in the hope it meant he would have to play topless, but common sense prevailed. :icon_roll

Trying to upload my photos to FB now but it's being a pain in the arse so might take a while.

Thought it was a decent game, was never going to be any good on that excuse for a pitch, we deserved to take the lead but in the end we were lucky to get a point as they were attacking us a lot towards the end and to be honest we were hanging on. Tough for players like Dyer and Gallagher and all of the other midfielders as it was tought to pass the ball around and for the wingers it was just generally tough to run with the ball, I was a big fan of Wellens when he joined but he has been pissing me off lately but yesterday he pissed me off bigtime, firstly did a ridiculous back heel when there was no one near him and a cross was much easier and then for the rest of the game he believes he is David Beckham spraying 50 yard passes, the difference with Beckham is he actually picks out his target on some occasions where as Wellens rarely does, he needs to learn to just pass it easy as that is sometime the best option. Defensively we were decent and Hobbs in particular looked good in my opinion. Overall not a bad point but we need to start turning these points into three if we are to get in the play offs.

I am writing without having been at the match.

I hate to hear the pitch used as an excuse. If you cannot play good football on a bad pitch then you are not as good as those who can. It would be worth some of the modern players looking at the control Weller and Worthington had on pitches far worse than any today. If a bad team like Plymouth is able to use the pitch to nullify Leicester's players then Leicester's players are at fault.

There was an old saying about the difference between technique and skill. "Technique is being able to perform on a training pitch; skill is being able to perform with Norman Hunter's boot up your arse". You could also say that skill is being able to perform on a bad pitch.

Well I'm sorry but when your defence hoof it over the midfield to those upfront, competely bypassing those in the midlde then that isn't playing football imo.

I'm not using the pitch as an excuse, it WAS shite. Plymouth weren't much better than were, even their fans admit that good football isn't seen much down their way this season because the pitch doesn't lend to a decent fast paced game.

I don't like folk using the argument about the game 30+ years ago either, the game as changed so much since those days. Whereas a lot of modern day footballers probably wouldn't be able to cope with the game then, equally it could be said the same percentage of those from days gone by wouldn't be able to cope with today's game. Though obviously theo nes with the skill would always shine no matter what era imo.

I am a Nigel Pearson fan but his attitude to Nicky Adams baffles me. The little I have seen of him this year (home performances only) have made me want to see more. He goes on a successful loan spell, comes back and is brought on from the bench against Bristol City. Then against Plymouth he is not even on the bench.
Normally the treatment he has had would suggest a clash with the coaching staff but there have been no rumours of this. I could not blame Adams if he felt totally unwanted at the club.

It would be worth some of the modern players looking at the control Weller and Worthington had on pitches far worse than any today.

I recall a game against Birmingham at Filbo. It was a sodden pitch and we lost 6:2 but at least the game went ahead.

Perhaps if it had been postponed we might have got at least a point but hey ho........

I recall a game against Birmingham at Filbo. It was a sodden pitch and we lost 6:2 but at least the game went ahead.

I thought the pitch was frozen?
I remember our players not being able to deal with the frozen pitch and Birmingham coped with it a lot better - in particular Kenny Burns who scored a hat-trick.

It's one of the first matches I remember seeing (1976ish?), although I'd been going for a few years by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669