Plymouth post-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Plymouth match thread

Surely, we can't be disappointed with Hayles.

He has always been a useful, journeyman forward, who will get a few goals.

The bloke is now approaching the end of a reasonable career and would only have been wanted by a struggling outfit like ours. You get what you pay for in football like everything else.

The fact that he is picked in front of Campbell or Fryatt is frankly something that I find bewildering.The man is hopeless

Surely, we can't be disappointed with Hayles.

He has always been a useful, journeyman forward, who will get a few goals.

The bloke is now approaching the end of a reasonable career and would only have been wanted by a struggling outfit like ours. You get what you pay for in football like everything else.

What concerns me is that there seems to be a long standing Leicester disease where everyone who joins us tends to get worse not better. I honestly don't know the reason why that should be.

We have become a losing club and its hard to shake off that negativety.
The players are nervous, the fans anxious, and all in all we dont have enough never say die footballers to fight their way out of a crisis.

First 6 minutes we played well , but we were pretty bad for most of the rest of the match. Not much creativity, and at points plymouth were all over us. Left it too late at the end, although we were so unlucky not to get an equaliser from those chances.
Alnwick should have done better with the goal and the defence should have done better with that set piece that led to the goal.
All in all a dissapointing match that i was expecting more from.

I'm not worried TBH.

I have 100% faith that "Ollie" will live up to my expectations.

He wrote a book y'know.

We should at least wait until the loan window closes before he can be judged, and then a few more months for them to gel. We should then wait for him to make some signings in the summer and once they've gelled we can think about judging him.

Ollie, we're keeping the faith, we're in it together!!!

First 6 minutes we played well , but we were pretty bad for most of the rest of the match. Not much creativity, and at points plymouth were all over us. Left it too late at the end, although we were so unlucky not to get an equaliser from those chances.
Alnwick should have done better with the goal and the defence should have done better with that set piece that led to the goal.
All in all a dissapointing match that i was expecting more from.

Master of the understatement:icon_bigg

His biggest admirers will no doubt say that things have got no better H, I agree. But I think a lot of people will also say things have got significantly worse.

I'm sure there are some people who will think we've got better, but that's only because they aren't allowed to have access to a television or public transport.

Holloway has a good PR routine and appears extremely likeable. The naive are always taken in by that and somehow manage to detach themselves from the results and the abysmal football.

That said, he is here and the opportunities for chopping and changing seem limited now - so we have to make the best of a very depressing situation.

Relegation is too good for us, we should be made to delete the word 'Football' from our name. Awful.

The day started off well, my boy's team won 9-1, then free tickets to the MKDons v Rotherham saw Mr Chris O'Grady look out of his depth playing in division 4...useless fecker
A nasty leg break by one of the rotherham players was a bit of a downer though.

then to watch my team play like a bunch of meltons was fecking depressing.

But we won't go down........:icon_roll

We're too good aren't we? :icon_lol:

Holloway asked us to judge him post-January. That was fecking awful Ollie, absolutely devoid of ideas. I think the back four, keeper and Clem need to question everyone else around them now. Without our defence we'd we absolutely down and out. I think Clem has been excellent of late, he doesn't deserve the lack of options he continually faces IMO.

Tonight is ruined for me now. That was dreadful.

Well done to Plymouth Argyle who worked hard to get the result they so wished for. They were the better side at the end of the day, don't let our last 5 minutes fool you, we were awful. Again.

Very strange indeed. Surely Hayles is only worth a punt as a last 20 mins substitute.

Yes - but both you and HF must be aware that managers try to justify their signing and that will be why Hayles is being picked in front of Fryatt and Campbell.

Absolute sh!te. Just glad I didn't actually pay to go, feel really sorry for the season ticket holders.

I'm baffled as to why Hayles keeps on starting. He didn't do anything today that was productive but then again the same could be said about the rest of the team. Did Bori even touch the ball when he was on? Also thought Kis and McAuley didn't look their solid selfs.

Was Mattock injured today or something? If I were him I would be very pissed off in being completely dropped for Clapham, out of position for their goal and Halmosi was having a field day against him. Granted it was his first team game in quite a long time, but we really need to be better than that.

I say get Gradel back, he scored another one today!!

I didn't think Clapham did too badly TBH...

All he had to do was make Halmosi play on his right and force him down the wing, but he let him cut inside almost everytime!!

There is no way we will win matches starting with Howard and Hayles up front and with Kis and McAuley in the back. Far too slow and we were lucky that Jermaine Easter isn't very good otherwise it would have been 2!!

Yes - but both you and HF must be aware that managers try to justify their signing and that will be why Hayles is being picked in front of Fryatt and Campbell.

Well given that most managers 'live or die' by their selections, then i would suggest that Ollie for the sake of his own personal pride as a swift rethink.

Well given that most managers 'live or die' by their selections, then i would suggest that Ollie for the sake of his own personal pride as a swift rethink.

I think you had it right on the other thread. We have had a losing team for so long now that for whatever reason we don't seem to be able to get out of the rut.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, we are playing in a seriously poor standard league yet generally we seem to be the underdog in most games and we must have one of the highest wage bills in the division but no one seems able to get the the players to perform to their abilities.

Look chaps I feel really sad registering on your site after todays game but I don't know, after all the abuse, if you know how important today was to all us simple supporters. We would have followed IH to hell and back because he was one of us and that has been his strength at Bristol and QPR as well as at Plymouth. He can inspire and motivate when backs are against the wall but he has no great tactical nous and he made a bad mistake coming to you. you will not be so forgiving and rightly so, you're a big (ish) club and you need to do better than you're doing now. If Holloway gets booted from you he really has nowhere to go. I'm sorry to ramble but I'm pissed.

That reads like a load of shite!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670