Plymouth post-match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Nose

Not too bothered about the game or the result to be honest. Dead game, dead season.

However, that feckwit Clemence really makes my blood boil. Utterly gutless yet again. A complete passenger.

And don't even get me started on Hume.

philly

Holloway asked us to judge him post-January. That was fecking awful Ollie, absolutely devoid of ideas. I think the back four, keeper and Clem need to question everyone else around them now. Without our defence we'd we absolutely down and out. I think Clem has been excellent of late, he doesn't deserve the lack of options he continually faces IMO.

Tonight is ruined for me now. That was dreadful.

Well done to Plymouth Argyle who worked hard to get the result they so wished for. They were the better side at the end of the day, don't let our last 5 minutes fool you, we were awful. Again.

Alex, it takes a big man to say that, respect!! we were better today, i think we wanted it more and we just wanted hollowords to suffer, sorry! no hard feelings x:045:

Redditch Fox

Alex, it takes a big man to say that, respect!! we were better today, i think we wanted it more and we just wanted hollowords to suffer, sorry! no hard feelings x:045:

It's good that someone has a bit of pleasure out of a dismal encounter.

Sadly, beating Leicester City these days is no big deal - with or without Holloway.

punkojosh

I can't believe people are defending Barry Hayles after that performance... I had a word with a Plymouth fan and told him they can have him back... Those kids running around at half-time could've out-paced him!!!

Clapham never really came into the game, and DJ still hasn't looked like a £1million signing yet. Someone on Radio leicester said he was feeding well from Howard's balls (if you excuse the expression), but they were all out wide!!! how the hell are you supposed to strike from out there??

Hume - nippy in the midfield but never looked like scoring..
Fryatt - no impact, probably won't be here next season tbh
Oakley - quiet - would like to see him captain and make the game his own.
alnwick (however it's spelt) - made a good save 2nd half
Their keeper - made some brilliant saves

Overall a typical day at the walkers eh?

philly

It's good that someone has a bit of pleasure out of a dismal encounter.

Sadly, beating Leicester City these days is no big deal - with or without Holloway.

dont you believe it, sadly it was a big, big game for us, glad its out of the way now we can concentrate on the rest of the season. we'l always look out for your results tho, hopefully so you're not getting too close to us!!:icon_cool

Cate Fox

The team only livened up when he got the other hungarian (I cant spell him name and am not even going to try after the red wine) on, I was completely baffled as to why he didnt bring him on sooner after taking off Bori to bring on another forward... that team never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think that we might, just might be turning that corner, the arseholes piss me off yet again

greenarmyboy

<b>Liar</b>
The team only livened up when he got the other hungarian (I cant spell him name and am not even going to try after the red wine) on, I was completely baffled as to why he didnt bring him on sooner after taking off Bori to bring on another forward... that team never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think that we might, just might be turning that corner, the arseholes piss me off yet again

Never mind you will stay up and get another 3 managers next season dont worry!

Boy Genius

Banned
I can't believe people are defending Barry Hayles after that performance... I had a word with a Plymouth fan and told him they can have him back... Those kids running around at half-time could've out-paced him!!!

Clapham never really came into the game, and DJ still hasn't looked like a £1million signing yet. Someone on Radio leicester said he was feeding well from Howard's balls (if you excuse the expression), but they were all out wide!!! how the hell are you supposed to strike from out there??

since when was it your job to wheel and deal in players. Telling a Plymouth fan you can have him back when you would not be able to deliver the promise........:icon_roll

The Major

He was only on for 5 minutes and nearly scored FFS.

Boy Genius

Banned

absolute rubbish today, I am now looking forward to my end of month trip to Turin to watch some proper football, 2 games in four days....:038::038::038:

Hazzman

Yes its a good win for us, and i think it was a fair result.

It was a good win and your team looked good on the counter. Your centre-halves were excellent. Your fans celebrated like you'd won the FA Cup but I suppose that was we were like when we got one past Palace.

Our back 4 were shown up for what they were tonight. Easter and Maclean ripped em to bits IMO. Clemence deserves a dropping. Hayles has one bad game out of 5 and is a villain WTF? I had BM's all around singing for 3-this season Fryatt.

Holloway goes on about balance and wingers yet constantly keeps playing strikers on the wing, the only two times we have had both Hungarian's on we have claimed 4 pts out of 6.

I am scared that seasons before we have had players playing for contracts to get out of this flirtation of relegation, this year we have proven professional on big wage packets on long term deals. Scary. :icon_eek:

Hazzman

I didn't think Clapham did too badly TBH...

He was alright in the first half and didn't whack the ball away at every opportunity. But he was against a left-foot on their right wing and constantly kept showing him the inside allowing him to use his left foot.

He's like to hide as well, left Bori out to dry a couple of times.

City Fan

Dunno what bloody Jon Barber was on about after the game. He reckoned Oakley played well and looked solid. Oakley and Hayles were both dreadful. I thought Clapham did quite well actually, and I must be the only person who thought Bori played well and was surprised when he was subbed at HT.

We've just had a whole 31 day transfer window go by, yet for a fair chunk of the second half we were playing Hume and Hayles on the wing. Ollie can't complain about square pegs in round holes anymore because this is his team now. I said this on transfer deadline day and I will say it again, why the feck did we not sign two right wingers and two left wingers? It's obvious Laczko and Bori will take time to settle into the English game.

Hazzman

His biggest admirers will no doubt say that things have got no better H, I agree. But I think a lot of people will also say things have got significantly worse.

I'm sure there are some people who will think we've got better, but that's only because they aren't allowed to have access to a television or public transport.

I like him but that was utter shite management today.

I'm more disappointed with Howard than Hayles TBH.

His service currently is a long fecking punt. What's it take to run to the byline and cross a ball in for him to knock home? Sometimes I wonder how much brain the common footballer has.

Boy Genius

Banned
We lost but it could be worse, we could come from Plymouth FFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675