Police speed camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do seem to be hung up on motorways. Have you never seen people travelling at 70+ on any other roads.

Anyway hills wouldn't be insurmountable - they probably wouldn't even be that much slower with the technology we have today. still I don't care people would be forced to drive more slowly - I'd make it that cars couldn't go faster than 50 and were all water driven. People would then just have to allow more time for travel - it used to take longer and our lives were not significantly worse.

Perhaps we could turn off the electricity, water and gas supplies too? After all we managed without it once. Who needs all this progress huh?

If someone in front of you is going at 69mph, the sensible thing to do would be not to go faster than 69mph. since the speed limit is 70mph you're not really going to lose a lot of time are you?

Sudden breaking from 71mph down to 69mph shouldn't cause too many problems either. Smooth driving and a common pace is actually a load of bollocks though isn't it. The law says you shouldn't drive fatser than 70. If I want a very big TV and all my friends have one am I justified to go and pinch one from a shop without paying for it if I don't have the cash?

How can "unwritten laws" be "wrote"?

My idea of limiting ALL engines to a maximum speed seems to be reinforced by your argument.

Good example :icon_roll

It is illegal to be drunk on a licensed property*. Does that mean you wont drink in a pub ever again?

*May not be a law but says so on some website.

So the kid you hit going at 120mph is really not going to worry whether it was a ford anglia or not. I understand. Must be okay then.

For one if I was driving a ford anglia he could probably out run it and 2 if he was walking across a motorway then it his own bloody fault!

So your car can go from 140 to zero in 60 yards?

No and i never said it could. I said it could break in around half the distance stated in the highway code and the last time I looked, admittedly a few years ago, there was no breaking distances for travelling at 140mph.

I recently had the same dilemma. I'll hold my hands and say I broke the law. However, I didn't get done. I must breaked earlier enough.

I am guessing it's the one done by New Parks Boulevard which is hid around a tree and can barely be seen until you are right next to it.

The annoying thing to me is that i was not trying to break the speed limit. Car engines these days are very quiet and so when your tootling along at 30 or 35, you can barely detect any difference in the engine revs.

The camera van was on the A47 (hinckley rd) just after the Fosse Rd/ Hinckley Rd junction. It was dark and the van was parked on the path and well concealed .

Perhaps i should sue them for parking on a public footpath:icon_wink

Hey FIF, what would you do with the people who drive too slow on the roads.
Today on the M1 there was an old woman who was going no more than 30mph, just as bad as speeding if not worse.

Hey FIF, what would you do with the people who drive too slow on the roads.
Today on the M1 there was an old woman who was going no more than 30mph, just as bad as speeding if not worse.

Thats dangerous.

Fecks me off when you are on the slip rd and stuck behind someone doing about 40 as your about to join the motorway.
You should be doing around 60 to blend in with the slow lane.

Thats dangerous.

Fecks me off when you are on the slip rd and stuck behind someone doing about 40 as your about to join the motorway.
You should be doing around 60 to blend in with the slow lane.

I have always said they should have cameras at the motorway junctions too. How many times do you see someone come across 3 lanes to get off the motorway at the last minute? They would make more in catching those tossers than someone who goes a couple of miles over the limit on a straight road.

Last edited:
They very kindly informed me I was averaging 119mph and then went on to explain that their laser 'gun' was similar to the technology used on the shuttle. Doesn't get any more accurate than that.

the shuttle that blew up on take off or the shuttle that blew up on re-entry?

:102:

:icon_bigg

The annoying thing to me is that i was not trying to break the speed limit.

I certainly wasn't. When there's an empty road and you've probably come off a set of traffic lights and you're coming for the gears - it's a honest mistake often to me down just over 30. I know I've started driving a lot more faster simply because of my engine size when changing car. It's taken me time to react to the difference in changing gears and revs etc.

No and i never said it could. I said it could break in around half the distance stated in the highway code and the last time I looked, admittedly a few years ago, there was no breaking distances for travelling at 140mph.

You never said you were travelling at 140. My calculation was based on both cars doing 70 mph

Yes, I know I fcuked up, I'll shut up and leave you all alone (for half hour anyway)

:icon_redf :081:

Speeding is terrible because its a crime and respectable people would never break the law.

I'm sure that the amount of cameras are there to catch criminals because that's what you are if you dare go any faster than the limit that highly qualified respectable people have decided is the safe speed for a road section.

Speed kills, if every body always kept to the limit there would be no more injuries in crashes.

Ensuring that people drive safely is easy. Stop them from daring to go faster than the absolute limit for a road.

The limit is the safe rule. Doing 65mph driving a clapped out Ford Transit in freezing fog is perfectly fine because it's legal, doing 80mph in a 150mph super-saloon on a clear quiet day is totally abhorrent and wrong - you're going to DIE!

BB, chances are you have gotten away with it. However, if not and your speed was what you have said there's a chnace they'll give you a choice 3points, or no points and a "speed kills" type lecture.
Lasts about an 1 1/2 hrs, at your inconvenience. (My sister chose this option).

As regards lorries on the road, I say refurbish the canal system, generally, one barge can carry as much as ten times as the average juggernaut, and uses less fuel than one!
Not ideal for your perishables, but minerals etc can certainly go by barge.

BB, chances are you have gotten away with it. However, if not and your speed was what you have said there's a chnace they'll give you a choice 3points, or no points and a "speed kills" type lecture.
Lasts about an 1 1/2 hrs, at your inconvenience. (My sister chose this option).

I think only certain forces do this. I know Northamptonshire does because someone close to me ( :icon_wink )is going on one next week. The notice came to me as he was driving my car at the time.

I've never heard of anyone being offered it in Leics. but that doesn't mean they don't of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46