Post Match Portsmouth 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Portsmouth (away)

If we had got this result with Sven in charge, I think a lot of people would be lass satisfied with the outcome.

If St Ledger had put in a man of the match performance against Palace and made several last ditch tackles then maybe. Just because we kept a clean sheet doesn't mean that it was all down to St Ledger and we weren't particularly great at the back that night either. Palace had plenty of chances and it took a great save from Schmeichal to keep a clean sheet. It's strange how many people on here touted Bamba as our best player and are now quite happy to have him out of the starting 11.

If we had got this result with Sven in charge, I think a lot of people would be lass satisfied with the outcome.

If St Ledger had put in a man of the match performance against Palace and made several last ditch tackles then maybe. Just because we kept a clean sheet doesn't mean that it was all down to St Ledger and we weren't particularly great at the back that night either. Palace had plenty of chances and it took a great save from Schmeichal to keep a clean sheet. It's strange how many people on here touted Bamba as our best player and are now quite happy to have him out of the starting 11.

Don't know how you can SSL didn't play really well vs. Palace. I thought he was a definitely contender for MOTM and he did make several great blocks/tackles in it.

I'm a big, big fan of Bamba, but I wouldn't have dropped SSL for this game either.

IMO you are clutching at straws. Cannot for one moment agree with you. But like I say only my opinion.

It's strange how many people on here touted Bamba as our best player and are now quite happy to have him out of the starting 11.

I think it's more about people can understand Pearson's reasoning to leave him on the bench, than being happy about it.

Well I predict much of the same and a transfer request in January. I don't think Bamba has barely put a foot wrong all season and has been the most consistent player overall. If he doesn't get any match time in midweek I think we can start to accept he's not part of Pearson's plans

Tbh, I'd quite like to see SSL and Bamba given a run together, but that's because I have a personal vendetta against Millsâ„¢.

Well I predict much of the same and a transfer request in January. I don't think Bamba has barely put a foot wrong all season and has been the most consistent player overall. If he doesn't get any match time in midweek I think we can start to accept he's not part of Pearson's plans

No we can't. NP doesn't know these players very well seeing as he's just come in, he even admitted the only reason he used that midfield in the last 2 games is because that's what he knew. NP has seen SSL play and had to see him play because Bamba was suspended for his first match. I'm sure Bamba will get his chance and then NP will be able to judge Bamba and how he thinks he fits his own system.

Good result really, actually enjoy the thought that we are going to gring out these draws away from home under Pearson.

No we can't. NP doesn't know these players very well seeing as he's just come in, he even admitted the only reason he used that midfield in the last 2 games is because that's what he knew. NP has seen SSL play and had to see him play because Bamba was suspended for his first match. I'm sure Bamba will get his chance and then NP will be able to judge Bamba and how he thinks he fits his own system.

I'd like to think that was true and I hope it is. I'm just going with my experience of Pearson at Leicester using no nonsense defensive tactics. It's fair to say Bamba doesn't fall into that category of defending and that's why I genuinely think his days are numbered here. If Pearson wanted to get a look at him he could have put him on for the final 20 minutes or so when the game was a bit stretched.

However, we looked defensively frail and he wasn't even used. That to me says a LOT

You weren't at the match.
We only conceeded 1 goal.
How often do you see teams substituting central defenders? Very rarely? Wonder why...
We got a point which is always a solid result in this league away from home.
SSL played very well last week.
Bamba will get back into the team if he deserves to.
Give Pearson a chance.

Good result really, actually enjoy the thought that we are going to gring out these draws away from home under Pearson.
In all fairness weren't we doing that before Pearson arrived?

Last edited:

Far too early to say that. Surely the TEAM ethic and mentality is much more important. If SSL plays again on Tuesday and we win and the defence plays well as a team then I can not see why at Hull next Saturday it could not continue unless Nigel feels that Fatty would be best handled by Bamba.

Last edited:

And has SSL put a foot wrong in the two games he has played. If SSL had been dropped today, imagine the impact on his morale. I would bet that Sol knows that he will have to wait for his chance and I would bet that Nigel has already made him aware that he is in his plans.

Yes that's what we want, a defence making enough mistakes for one of them to have to make last ditch tackles. That's much better than them being tight enough to not have to do anything last minute.

I'd like to think that was true and I hope it is. I'm just going with my experience of Pearson at Leicester using no nonsense defensive tactics. It's fair to say Bamba doesn't fall into that category of defending and that's why I genuinely think his days are numbered here. If Pearson wanted to get a look at him he could have put him on for the final 20 minutes or so when the game was a bit stretched.

Why the **** to high heaven would you substitute a defender in a tight league game just to get a look at him. Tunchev is a ball player in a similar mould to Bamba and yet Pearson played him whenever he was fit. You sir, have no ****ing clue.

I'm just saying that it was a poor decision to not start Bamba and Pearson hasn't dispelled any fears or concerns that I had when he was appointed. Bamaba is our best defender and he's not carrying an injury. He should have been straight back in, in my opinion but ok I can accept him starting on the bench after a clean sheet in the last match.

You must have been the guy who rang in to RL.

You have a complete lack of understanding about how to manage a team and its players. Thank heaven we have a professional manager in charge and not you.

It doesn't matter what you think of Bamba. Sledger is a more than adequate replacement of International quality.

Why should a player like Bamba walk straight back into the team after injury or suspension if the player already in his position is playing really well? What message does that send to the rest of the squad? That it doesn't matter how well you play and how good your form, you are going to be dropped?

If you thought about it rationally you would realise that it makes more sense to let a relatively new defensive pairing play together as much as possible so they can get to know each other's game.

As long as we leave it to the professionals and they don't take advice from you we'll be alright.

And the article in Beckford in the Mercury shows how little we know about how NP may or may not feel about these players and their place in the club. I'm sure NP has a bit more imagination about building a team than you make out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669