Post Match Portsmouth 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Portsmouth (away)

Why the **** to high heaven would you substitute a defender in a tight league game just to get a look at him. Tunchev is a ball player in a similar mould to Bamba and yet Pearson played him whenever he was fit. You sir, have no ****ing clue.

We'll see won't we?

You must have been the guy who rang in to RL.

You have a complete lack of understanding about how to manage a team and its players. Thank heaven we have a professional manager in charge and not you.

It doesn't matter what you think of Bamba. Sledger is a more than adequate replacement of International quality.

Why should a player like Bamba walk straight back into the team after injury or suspension if the player already in his position is playing really well? What message does that send to the rest of the squad? That it doesn't matter how well you play and how good your form, you are going to be dropped?

If you thought about it rationally you would realise that it makes more sense to let a relatively new defensive pairing play together as much as possible so they can get to know each other's game.

As long as we leave it to the professionals and they don't take advice from you we'll be alright.

That was not me. I'm not saying St Ledger, is shit, I think he is a very adequate player. I just read into this that Bamba has dropped down the pecking order under Pearson

Last edited:

Why should a player like Bamba walk straight back into the team after injury or suspension if the player already in his position is playing really well? What message does that send to the rest of the squad? That it doesn't matter how well you play and how good your form, you are going to be dropped?

Jermaine Defoe scored today and had a good game but I'm sure Van Der Vaart will start as soon as he becomes fit again. You play your best.

Jermaine Defoe scored today and had a good game but I'm sure Van Der Vaart will start as soon as he becomes fit again. You play your best.
Sir Alex doesn't always play his best.

Good point from a difficult away game. I rate Bamba as well but you dont change a team that is getting results. It's up to him to prove himself to a new manager same as the others who have not yet made the starting 11.

I must say that I disagree with Gregs but I thought it interesting that at half time Bamba didn't come out with the other subs to warm up (unless I must it).

Can someone who was at the match say how Beckford played. I ask because in the limited number of games I have watched him (home games only) his performances have been rather disappointing.

I think it's safe to say Greg has made his mind up about Pearson and looking for any chink in the armour...I might keep a talley:

Palace: we only won because we got lucky with long range shooting.

Pompey: we should have changed a back four that kept a clean sheet.

Can't wait to see what we get on Tuesday.

I agree that we should stick with the current back four. I also agree that Bamba is one of our better players.

Can someone who was at the match say how Beckford played. I ask because in the limited number of games I have watched him (home games only) his performances have been rather disappointing.

He did OK. You couldn't say much more than that. He tried hard and worked at carving chances out for himself. As a replacement Howard was inferior.

The notion we ground out a result (Pearson style) is wide of the mark. We pushed Pompey hard, as they did us. We tried to win the game with little thought of settling for a draw.

a point away from home is nothing to be sniffed at, we're still in the race , so to speak..... lets all have a cuddle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669