Post Match Portsmouth 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
they lost.... Derby lost and also Cov lost..... so chin up for fecks sake

They were playing abroad in a meaningless game weren't they?
How is their only modernday venture into Europe meaningless? And has anyone else seen how fat Andy Reid is now? It was like a pub player coming on.

How is their only modernday venture into Europe meaningless? And has anyone else seen how fat Andy Reid is now? It was like a pub player coming on.

In fairness, I've never like that tosser since he was reported to have encouraged women to drink his piss.

Last edited:
Came on here as I came home from the pub early.Interesting stuff as usual.

What do I think?

Hmm...draw away,win at home.Play offs.Wembley,Big piss up in May.Sounds OK to me.

Sorted.

Goodnight all.

He did OK. You couldn't say much more than that. He tried hard and worked at carving chances out for himself. As a replacement Howard was inferior.

The bloke next to me would disagree with you. "Howard'll win everything in the air", he said to his companion. He then proceeded to make excuses every time Howard failed to do so.

Beckford, on the other hand, is not a footballer, apparently.

The notion we ground out a result (Pearson style) is wide of the mark. We pushed Pompey hard, as they did us. We tried to win the game with little thought of settling for a draw.
Agreed. It was at times a surprisingly open game, with a draw a fair result. And the pre match pub was one of the best all season.

It's nice to see that players are able to earn a place in the team. Under Sven, SSL would've been dropped as soon as Bamba became available regardless of how well he had played. That cannot be a good thing in the long term for either of them and was probably a contributing factor as to why SSL was so poor under the previous manager.

I would've liked this sort of attitude to be applied when we had Miguel Vitor, who performed very well whenever called upon but was repeatedly dropped when Sven's favourites were available again.

Last edited:
It's nice to see that players are able to earn a place in the team. Under Sven, SSL would've been dropped as soon as Bamba became available regardless of how well he had played. That cannot be a good thing in the long term for either of them and was probably a contributing factor as to why SSL was so poor under the previous manager.

I would've liked this sort of attitude to be applied when we had Miguel Vitor, who performed very well whenever called upon but was repeatedly dropped when Sven's favourites were available again.

When Pearson came in he was quick to stress that there would be a clean slate for everyone and he would treat everyone fairly - I think that'll go a long way to keeping a lot of the squad happy. They know that if they work hard and show that they deserve a chance in the side, they'll be given that chance. It lets the players know that their destiny is in their own hands, rather than under Sven, where my one criticism would be that he would seemingly stick with his favourite players or players who were better on paper, rather than picking players based on what he saw at the training ground.

Regarding Vitor, anyone see him play for Benfica vs ManUtd in the CL the other day? Played well, shame he spent so much of last season injured, he was class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669