Portsmouth Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Chester City weren't allowed to sell their players in the transfer window as well.

The Premier League don't care about Pompey, they care about the image of the League. I can't seriously believe it that they can think of bending the rules for the sake of one club :bang: the more the PL try and support them, the more I lose any respect for Pompey or the league

And where did this image come from?

Just another forum. Obviously my sources aren't credible but it was worth a post to shit stir. :icon_wink

David Fuzz Head Gold has offered to lend them the money to pay off HMRC

I'm sure it's nothing to do with the prospect of losing four points.

Do you expect him to do it just for purely selfless reasons?

The Premier League simple can NOT let Portsmouth sell their players now, it would be a joke.

If they DO allow it, then they've got to dock them points (more like 20 points than 9) to ensure they don't stay up. Because as the BBC story says, if the Premier League allows them to break the rules and sell outside the window, and then this prevents them going into adminstration and they stay up, can you imagine the outcry from the relegated clubs?

I'm pretty sure that as with any big Premier League decision, it will take 14 out of the 20 clubs to agree to it to allow it... can't see why ANY would agree to it (unless they are desperate to sign a player from Portsmouth)

I just can't see it happening.

Interesting article in the Guardian today, that points to just how ****ed Portsmouth are.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/feb/20/portsmouth-balram-hainrai

In summary.... even if they were to manage to finish 17th place, they would need to find an extra £20m to survive past May (that's £20m extra to the money they know is coming in from Sky, the Premier League, sponsorship etc)

If they finish 20th, that number goes up to £26m.

Even if they go into administration, they would still need £14m... Now I see why they made the ludicrous suggestion of selling players now, nothing to lose I guess! No way they'll find that money without a takeover. Can't see where else the money could possibly come from? Was thinking maybe agreeing deals now to sell players in the summer... but can't see clubs being interested when they could get them for free in the summer anyway if Pompey do go bust.

thats the right decision as far as I am concerned; as much as I dont want to see a club go under, they have got themselves into this mess with piss poor financial management and they should suffer the consequences.

:038::038::038:

Chainrai's sold himself the ground, I see. This is either a cynical way of getting the only remaining asset before the club gets liquidated, or a potentially helpful way of securing the club's future when it is put into administration. Time will tell.

Chainrai's sold himself the ground, I see. This is either a cynical way of getting the only remaining asset before the club gets liquidated, or a potentially helpful way of securing the club's future when it is put into administration. Time will tell.

It's business though, isn't it?

If it helps pay their creditors and possibly keeps people in work, they should be allowed to sell players outside the window, as could well be the case if they entered administration (Ipswich did it a few years ago so there is precedent).

In terms of integrity of the competition, the issue is whether those players should be allowed to play for another club before the next window - to which the short answer would surely be no.

However, I believe the transfer window for summer leagues - Scandinavia, Southern hemisphere - opens on 1 March. I see no reason why Portsmouth shouldn't be allowed to sell players to clubs who operate in those leagues. They could also loan players to Championship clubs, and this arrangement can be made permanent outside the window - that's within the rules.

However, I believe the transfer window for summer leagues - Scandinavia, Southern hemisphere - opens on 1 March. I see no reason why Portsmouth shouldn't be allowed to sell players to clubs who operate in those leagues. They could also loan players to Championship clubs, and this arrangement can be made permanent outside the window - that's within the rules.

I believe any club can do that anyway.

Last edited:
The BBC sports ticker thingy is now saying that ...

Portsmouth say they will go into administration unless new owner is found by Friday

Not long now, and if there is a God, those Welsh twats from Cardiff will be next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669