Portsmouth Rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone needs to put them out their misery!

How are they staying alive? If they do stay afloat this season, they'll only go into admin next year, and can't see them going backup because they'll have no money to invest still (unless they get taken over again), so they'll stay down and their financial problems will just get worse.

Not really sure they can survive, especially by borrowing against future earnings (parachute payments etc)

According to the Mirror today, Portsmouth are going to ask the Premier League to let them continue selling their players, despite the fact the transfer window is closed, to clear some of their debt.

They're an absolute joke. There is no way the Premier League could allow that.

According to the Mirror today, Portsmouth are going to ask the Premier League to let them continue selling their players, despite the fact the transfer window is closed, to clear some of their debt.

They're an absolute joke. There is no way the Premier League could allow that.

surely Fifa would have to approve this? but won't

how are they not in administration? seriously its bit stupid now. Football lLague clubs are made too, but Premier League clubs seem to be able to get away with it

BBC reporting it now, presumably then, the players won't get paid again this month! (including all the new ones they've been allowed to bring in).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

What with wanting to borrow against next year's money and now this, I suspect that the High Court will not be seeing them as a club that can pay its debts when their case comes up in March.

How come they were allowed to bring players in (even if they were on frees) when they clearly can't afford to pay the players/debts/fees and suchlike that they already have, let alone adding more outgoings to their budgets?

Last edited:
BBC reporting it now, presumably then, the players won't get paid again this month! (including all the new ones they've been allowed to bring in).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/p/portsmouth/8522283.stm

What with wanting to borrow against next year's money and now this, I suspect that the High Court will not be seeing them as a club that can pay its debts when their case comes up in March.

How come they were allowed to bring players in (even if they were on frees) when they clearly can't afford to pay the players/debts/fees and suchlike that they already have, let alone adding more outgoings to their budgets?

Just doesn't make sense does it?

Although I wouldn't usually wish it on any club, (except maybe Leeds) I kinda want to see them disappear from this. They seem to have been given so much chance, and don't seem to be making things any worse.

I say let them die, and it sets an example to everyone else hopefully to get their finances in order.

As a fan of football I hope they pull through this mess. No club with a good honest history should go out of existence. And whoever says such utter bollocks as "their fans are horrible so good riddance" is just plain stupid.

The Premier League are fighting to stop them going bust. It would look brilliant that our super league becomes one of the first major leagues to suffer a team going bust. Their owners never should have past the 'fit and proper' person test...same Premier League could smell the money.

Last edited:
how are they not in administration? seriously its bit stupid now. Football lLague clubs are made too, but Premier League clubs seem to be able to get away with it

I don't think the football league has ever made a club enter administration. Either the owners put a club into voluntary admistration or one of the creditors force it into administration (as with Crystal Palace).

I don't think the football league has ever made a club enter administration. Either the owners put a club into voluntary admistration or one of the creditors force it into administration (as with Crystal Palace).

But with their stupid points deduction punishment, which usually results in relegation and less income, they effectively force clubs into financial difficulties. The authorities need to look at alternative punishment, they are all *****!

Just look at Luton and Chester City!

But with their stupid points deduction punishment, which usually results in relegation and less income, they effectively force clubs into financial difficulties. The authorities need to look at alternative punishment, they are all *****!

Just look at Luton and Chester City!

I wonder what the FA would do to a club if they took part in sustained and habitual match fixing and bribery of referees (to pick a completely arbitrary example not inspired by any real life events at a club BG may or may not support).

Crazy decision if true

The footballing world has gone mad

I wonder if the buying club would then be allowed to play them?

What if a team in and around our play off spaces bought some of these players and as a result just pipped us for 6th spot?

I wonder if the buying club would then be allowed to play them?

What if a team in and around our play off spaces bought some of these players and as a result just pipped us for 6th spot?

Hopefully it's a team just below Palace and Warnock gets relegated again. :icon_bigg

I see Chester City weren't allowed to sell their players in the transfer window as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669