Premier League 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Hughes take charge of QPR for the first time today, away to Newcastle.

I think Hughes will do a good job for them personally and should keep them up (probably finish lower mid table - around 13th/14th). Newcastle away is a tough start though.

That Arsenal vs Swansea game was great. I celebrated almost as much as a Leicester goal when Swansea got their third, thought Arsenal had just come back into it and would inevitably go on to win.

That Arsenal vs Swansea game was great. I celebrated almost as much as a Leicester goal when Swansea got their third, thought Arsenal had just come back into it and would inevitably go on to win.

Arsenal's defensive record away from home is horrendous for a team with top-4 ambitions.

Ture, but I don't think they're anywhere near a top 4-quality side atm. Luckily for them though, neither are Chelsea or Liverpool, so they could sneak in, but it'd be more of a case of lack of quality in the opposition than quality in their own team. ManCity, ManUtd and Spurs a level above the rest atm.

Last edited:

Swansea must bless the day we took Sousa off their hands.

I doubt it; a lot of the foundations he built.

He just didn't know what to do when he turned up here and Steve Howard et al. couldn't play his way.

I think the foundations were more built by Roberto Martinez, weren't they? General impression from Swansea fans when we got Sousa seemed to be that Sousa was living off Martinez' team.

Ture, but I don't think they're anywhere near a top 4-quality side atm. Luckily for them though, neither are Chelsea or Liverpool, so they could sneak in, but it'd be more of a case of lack of quality in the opposition than quality in their own team. ManCity, ManUtd and Spurs a level above the rest atm.

I don't think Man Utd look that great the minute. I think, because of who they are, teams set up differently against them and allow them to play. When teams have a go at them, they look weak, especially so at the back.

You're probably right, but ManUtd won the title last season without a particularly great squad either, while SAF is in charge, they'll always be great at grinding out results, which is one thing that sets them apart from the current Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea sides. There's no one in the PL who looks that great right now really though, Spurs in fact are probably the best team atm but I think they'll fall away and ManCity are suffering from players being out and lack of depth in the squad. Barcelona and Real Madrid look miles ahead of any English side right now.

Last edited:
TOON! TOON! TOON!

What a romantic season they are having. Gone are the rotten likes of Nolan, in comes the class of Cayabe and the gang. I find Leon Best's PL career rather astounding.

Who is Swansea manager?
Seem to remember he was poo-pooed when mentioned as a possible manager at City during MM's time.
How times have changed.

Brendan Rodgers. It'll all go sour eventually.

TOON! TOON! TOON!

What a romantic season they are having. Gone are the rotten likes of Nolan, in comes the class of Cayabe and the gang. I find Leon Best's PL career rather astounding.
I saw Demba Ba during ramadan and he was dogshite. One must eat at regular meal times, that's what I've always said.

It's Cabaye, by the way - but yes, he is class.

Last edited:
AVB has got to go, surely?

Surely Man City proved that it still takes building time even if you are throwing money around? Not saying that AVB is going to do wonders because he looks a bit shit, but they do need to give a manager time to build, as with any club.

I agree, I'd say the problem with Chelsea, much like ourselves, has been that they've been too trigger-happy with managers in recent years. They never should have sacked King Carlo, but now he's gone, they've got to give AVB a chance to build his own team.

Clint Dempsey is a great, great player, I've always rated him (I'm sure I've said it before so I can prove it!). Quick, great touch, great finish.

Last edited:
Robbie Keane's goals for Aston Villa against Wolves mean he is the seventh player to score for a record six different PL clubs.

Name the other 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670