Premier League 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Man City looked good today. Imagine where they could be if Tevez hadn't had a sulk for most of the season. He was incredible today, the link-up play between him and Aguero (particularly for their second goal) was superb.

Sky have included it in their top selections for goal of the week:icon_roll

Did anybody mention Millwall's second goal yesterday?

They almost scored a spectacular third. They should have had a corner from it too, because Schmeichel clearly got fingers to it.

Your opinion was shared by at least a couple of the Millwall players but the keeper did not intervene as the ball smacked against the top side of the bar.

Your opinion was shared by at least a couple of the Millwall players but the keeper did not intervene as the ball smacked against the top side of the bar.
I have to disagree. It certainly hit the top side of the bar, but it was touched onto the crossbar by Kasper. Having been in a good position at the time to see it, and having seen a replay that appears to back up what I'm sure I saw, I'm totally convinced it should have been a corner.

In any case, the result wasn't affected, so it's immaterial.

I have to disagree. It certainly hit the top side of the bar, but it was touched onto the crossbar by Kasper. Having been in a good position at the time to see it, and having seen a replay that appears to back up what I'm sure I saw, I'm totally convinced it should have been a corner.

I look forward to seeing that replay. I was sitting in the front row (so had an uninterrupted view) and about in line with the edge of the penalty area - so I too was in a good position to see. One of us is wrong but as you say it had no bearing on the result.

I look forward to seeing that replay. I was sitting in the front row (so had an uninterrupted view) and about in line with the edge of the penalty area - so I too was in a good position to see. One of us is wrong but as you say it had no bearing on the result.
I thought he got a touch on it too.

If two people who were both in the front row can't agree the ref had no chance.

Yeah, they played really well. Especially in the second half really, when they stopped all out defence mode (although they had every right to do that).

Its Man U 4 Everton 4 with a few minutes left.
If it stays that way Man City will have the title in their own hands.
If Man City win their remaining games they will win the The Premier League!!!

Last edited:
I thought Man Utd getting a point today meant that Man City would still be a point behind if they beat Utd next week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669