Premier League 2011/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dreadful Tottenham side. Once the first goal went in, the midfield retired! Van da Vart play very poorly shooting for everywhere instead of passing to a better placed team mate. I think that they are heading into mediocracy. Man U were pretty good but I think that Tottenham made them look a lot better than they are.

Dreadful Tottenham side. Once the first goal went in, the midfield retired! Van da Vart play very poorly shooting for everywhere instead of passing to a better placed team mate. I think that they are heading into mediocracy. Man U were pretty good but I think that Tottenham made them look a lot better than they are.

Yes, but can you blame him after what Lennon did to him? He had about 30 seconds to pass the ball to Van Der Vaart who was completely on his own no more than 5 yards away, waited, waited and waited and smashed it straight against Evans.. Very poor decision making..

I reckon a lot of away teams have a good chance of getting away with smash and grab victories in N17 this year.

I think Spurs played well... up until the first goal.

I still think Spurs will have a good season. If they can keep Modric (which is likely if Mata signs for Chelsea), and get Diarra and Adebayor in, I think they've got a very good first 11.

Only just seen this - ESPN goals app with all the goals from the Premier free of charge apparently
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/s...n-premier-league-goals-app---now-free?cc=5739

I've just downloaded it and watched the goals from Saturday. The pictures they're using are from stupid angles or close ups so you can't see what actually happened. I don't want to see a goal from the perspective of a worm that's next to a goal post, I want to see it like I do when I'm at the match. Wankers.

Average age of the Man Utd first eleven tonight is 23/24! Could be a long time at the top!

I can't really bring myself to hate Man Utd like I used to.

I think as I get older and more sensible I start to get things into perspective a lot more.

Great team led by a great manager. Good luck to them.

Still got ****ish fans though.

I can't really bring myself to hate Man Utd like I used to.

I think as I get older and more sensible I start to get things into perspective a lot more.

Great team led by a great manager. Good luck to them.

Still got ****ish fans though.

The only thing I don't like about Man Utd is the arrogance and the fact that everyone kisses AFs ass. Yes hes the best manager in the world but why does that make him so feared, why is he any different to any other manager?

Looks like they have a cracking squad this year tho, AF will be sorely missed when he retires, be a big ask for whoever follows him.

The only thing I don't like about Man Utd is the arrogance and the fact that everyone kisses AFs ass. Yes hes the best manager in the world but why does that make him so feared, why is he any different to any other manager?

Looks like they have a cracking squad this year tho, AF will be sorely missed when he retires, be a big ask for whoever follows him.

They said that about Matt Busby.

Not sure about AF being the best manager in the world at the moment. He has not won the CL for a number of years now. And this current crop although looks good in the PL are going to struggle in the CL.

Not sure about AF being the best manager in the world at the moment. He has not won the CL for a number of years now. And this current crop although looks good in the PL are going to struggle in the CL.

I meant to put arguably the best in the world at the moment.

I've not really been on here for a few days, has it been mentioned that MyP2P site doesn't seem to be working?

Was 3-0 to ManU but Arsenal just got a goal back. Could ManU get 5 though? If they do will we see Sir Alex tonight on MOTD2 for the first time since ....? making the most of getting one over Arsene in such a way.

As I said earlier, I've always had a lot of time for ManUtd and SAF. Personally I find their current team a far more likeable team than any of the other top 5 (if you count Arsenal as top 5 these days), Rooney aside, of course.

I don't agree with this he's not the best in the world because he hasn't won the CL in 3 years. The CL is a knockout competition, it can be decided by a bit of luck, or a dodgy refereeing decision or just your players having one off day. Whereas over an entire league season stuff like that doesn't play such a big part. The fact is SAF has kept his side at the top for 20 years, has gone through several "teams" and plenty of players in that time, but still keeps producing the goods time after time after time. I've always thought consistent success over a number of years was the beacon of a great manager, any manager can fluke one good season or walk into a club who already have great players. Hell, even Ian Dowie and Gary Megson have a promotion to their name.

Oh, and it's great fun seeing Arsenal this shit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670