Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll be devastated I expect. Remember, this is the man who signed Tim Krul. This is the man who, when at Wimbledon, signed John Hartson on a free transfer for £7.5m, then went and won the Premier League, all the domestic cups, the Champions League, the World Cup, the SPL and the WCW World Heavyweight title. This is the man who discovered Alan Shearer and Jackie Milburn. This is a huge blow, especially with Pardew's contract dangerously close to running into its final decade.

Last night Man City had a chance to win their 9th league game in a row.
Something they haven't done for over 100years.

They failed!!!!

Very surprised by Swansea's decision to sack Michael Laudrup and think it seems harsh - BUT, Huw Jenkins has had a tremendous track record at hiring managers there in recent years and it's the first time they've sacked someone in a decade.... It will be interesting to see who he goes for next and how it plays out.

Very strange. Don't get it at all.

There have been a string of managerial changes in the Premier League over the last year or so that haven't been prompted by fans or obviously bad results. Southampton were an obvious example and their success in changing boss may have led to this trend. However, the decisions made at Fulham, Swansea, West Brom and Cardiff this season are all massive gambles. It will be interesting to see who survives and who crashes. The Fulham move already appears to be a terrible mistake.

There have been a string of managerial changes in the Premier League over the last year or so that haven't been prompted by fans or obviously bad results. Southampton were an obvious example and their success in changing boss may have led to this trend. However, the decisions made at Fulham, Swansea, West Brom and Cardiff this season are all massive gambles. It will be interesting to see who survives and who crashes. The Fulham move already appears to be a terrible mistake.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Fulham sack their second manager of the season.

Unless they've got someone else lined up then it's a huge mistake.

As Graz says, Jenkins record on hiring is pretty much second to none though this comes across as a panic move or a knee jerk reaction from something so I'd be interested to see how this plays out.

Been saying it to my mates for a while already that Swansea could get sucked into the relegation as they've Europa League to play this half of the season which tends to have a detrimental effect on teams involved. Combine that with an iffy manager appointment and it's a best selling recipe for relegation!

Last edited:
On the radio today the Swans will have to pay Laudrup £4.5M compo!

Been saying it to my mates for a while already that Swansea could get sucked into the relegation as they've Europa League to play this half of the season which tends to have a detrimental effect on teams involved. Combine that with an iffy manager appointment and it's a best selling recipe for relegation!

I was told today - although haven't checked it for myself - that 5 of the last 6 League Cup winning teams have sacked their manager by the time the next League Cup final comes around. The exception being Fergie.

I was told today - although haven't checked it for myself - that 5 of the last 6 League Cup winning teams have sacked their manager by the time the next League Cup final comes around. The exception being Fergie.
You were told a lie. Birmingham's manager quit and went to Villa.

What are people thinking about the Andy Carroll situation? An independent tribunal has upheld the original decision by the FA and he will subsequently be banned for 3 games. I've watched the incident over and over again, and I can't see any intent, any contact with Flores's face (his arm merely brushed the top of his head) and as a football supporter I am stunned by this decision. Are the FA trying to protect Howard Webb in some way as he's supposedly the best referee / most high profile we have in the UK ?

Last edited:
What are people thinking about the Andy Carroll situation? An independent tribunal has upheld the original decision by the FA and he will subsequently be banned for 3 games. I've watched the incident over and over again, and I can't see any intent, any contact with Flores's face (his arm merely brushed the top of his head) and as a football supporter I am stunned by this decision. Are the FA trying to protect Howard Webb in some way as he's supposedly the best referee / most high profile we have in the UK ?

I agree. It's a complete travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670