Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really should let Virgin Trains know about this because they appear to know nothing about it. In any case with the last Liverpool train leaving Euston at 21:07, I hardly think it's likely that many Liverpool fans will relying on the train to get them home tonight.

Obviously not but the die-hard's could have been catching the train via Manchester to get them home early in the morning

Virgin Trains ✔ @VirginTrains
Follow
NEW: ALL CUSTOMERS TO ABANDON TRAVEL #UKSTORM
5:27 PM - 12 Feb 2014

Virgin Trains, which operates across large parts of the UK including between London and Manchester, added on Twitter: "We are advising all customers not to attempt to travel. Customers already on services will be taken to the nearest station."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/uk-weather-virgin-trains-urges-3138844#ixzz2t8neO9ey

The operator posted a message in capital letters on its official Twitter account urging "all customers to abandon travel".

It said people currently travelling on services will be taken to the nearest station and dropped off

Last edited:
Virgin Twitter account also warned: "All services out of London Euston are suspended until further notice due to adverse weather. #UKStorm"

BUT now have this Virgin Trains ‏@VirginTrains 1 hr
#VT Update: Some services from London Euston are now running, please speak to station staff for further info.
Looks like they panicked a bit too much earlier

Last edited:

And Felix Magath hired.

Doesn't surprise me at all to be honest and even though I'm not a fan of the constant firing of managers, I think he had to go really - probably a mistake to get rid of Jol but they've been awful since Meulensteen took over and really just seemed to be getting worse. There was no way they were going to avoid relegation with him in charge, so a change had to be made.

The sacking of Meulensteen is quite reasonable. The time to back or sack a manger is after a couple of months. That gives the board time to judge his ability. The mistake is to hold on to a bad manager.

Paulo Sousa was perhaps the worst Leicester manager but a quick sacking meant that he did less damage than Peter Taylor. The key is to judge the manager and not necessarily the results. Ferguson had a bad start as did Martin O'Neill at Leicester. I am sure most of us have worked with colleagues who passed an interview but was useless. It only took a few weeks to find them out.,

The sacking of Michael Laudrup like that of Brian McDermott at Reading is the mistake. These people had proved themselves and fell victim to a run of bad results. A good example is the sacking of Mick McCarthy by Wolves. Another example from long ago is the sacking of Jimmy Bloomfield at Leicester. If you believe someone is good at the job stick with him through the bad results. If you think someone is useless get rid of him before he does lasting harm. .

The sacking of Meulensteen is quite reasonable. The time to back or sack a manger is after a couple of months. That gives the board time to judge his ability. The mistake is to hold on to a bad manager.

Paulo Sousa was perhaps the worst Leicester manager but a quick sacking meant that he did less damage than Peter Taylor. The key is to judge the manager and not necessarily the results. Ferguson had a bad start as did Martin O'Neill at Leicester. I am sure most of us have worked with colleagues who passed an interview but was useless. It only took a few weeks to find them out.,

The sacking of Michael Laudrup like that of Brian McDermott at Reading is the mistake. These people had proved themselves and fell victim to a run of bad results. A good example is the sacking of Mick McCarthy by Wolves. Another example from long ago is the sacking of Jimmy Bloomfield at Leicester. If you believe someone is good at the job stick with him through the bad results. If you think someone is useless get rid of him before he does lasting harm. .
and this is why I hope we stick with Pearson regardless.

Farcical.

I frequently have it pointed out to me that football is now a business and no longer a sport. What a way to run a business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669