Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho in the media can be a bit of a t**t, but the ability of the man to win big games and get every inch out of every player is phenomenal. He will be remembered as one of the best ever managers once he ends his managerial career. He is a master.

Well, that and the £1bn of dodgy Russian oligarchy money that's been pumped into Chelski since 2003.

Man C 2-0 up at HT could go to the wire again

Mourinho in the media can be a bit of a t**t, but the ability of the man to win big games and get every inch out of every player is phenomenal. He will be remembered as one of the best ever managers once he ends his managerial career. He is a master.

Post match interview on Sky, when asked about his tactics today, he told the reporter to speak to "Jamie Redknapp he knows everything about it"

I normally dislike arrogant men, but he just seems to have that touch of magic about him...

Well, that and the £1bn of dodgy Russian oligarchy money that's been pumped into Chelski since 2003.

Every manager has to spend to improve or sustain league position. Man United under Moyes a prime example of not making your mark and spending to improve the squad. Pardew selling Newcastle's better players is another example.

All of that money wasn't spent under Mourinho's regime so I don't really understand your point. If it's 'well they've spent a lot of money, they should be up there' then I agree to an extent. My point is that you can spend as much money as you like, but if your players don't want to play for you and don't believe in your methods then you might as well have 18 pub players as opposed to 18 £20+ million signings.

Wherever Jose goes, he delivers trophies, his teams are gritty and determined and always built on a solid defence. Everyone knows their role within the side and they work extremely hard. In the big matches, where there isn't a lot separating the ability of two sides, Mourinho teams regularly come out on top because he plans every single detail and makes sure every single player knows how he wants them to approach the game. Against the dangerous sides you won't see Chelsea over committing numbers and as they are so quick to get back into their shape it makes them very difficult to break down.

In crunch matches there is nobody better at delivering results and masterminding a plan to beat an opposition than Mourinho. It always amazes me why the media seem stunned that Chelsea are the ones that seem to stay in European competition the longest, it's pretty simple, the Mourinho effect.

Norwich fans are currently voting for their player of the season and out front at the moment is Carlo Nash, who hasn't put a foot wrong all season and not let a single goal in.
Thing is he's not played a game all season either. :icon_bigg

Last edited:
Norwich fans are currently voting for their player of the season and out front at the moment is Carlo Nash, who hasn't put a foot wrong all season and not let a single goal in.
Thing is he's not played a game all season either. :icon_bigg
Source?

Last edited:
What's going on at Selhurst Park? Ten minutes ago Liverpool were 3-up. Now Palace are back on terms.

If it wasn't already on a silver plate for ManC, it most certainly is now. Can't throw away a 3-0 lead like that.

Liverpool's defence has let them down all season. Although Suarez and co should have put the game to bed far earlier.

Ouch. Slightly amusing anyone?

In all seriousness got to feel for the team, unfortunate for them you won't win titles defending like that. I can't see Man City losing one of the two last games.

Ouch. Slightly amusing anyone?

In all seriousness got to feel for the team, unfortunate for them you won't win titles defending like that. I can't see Man City losing one of the two last games.
I'd have preferred Liverpool won the title, but if they're going to throw it away then it's good it's in a comedy fashion.

Man C 78% possession but still 0-0, could there be another twist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670