Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it just feels that way but Madders is falling over more than ever. He gets the ball near the opposition half and just lies down. It would be more understandable if his freekicks weren't utter shit.

He did indeed trip himself up.

I couldn't really take the complaint from Dean Smith seriously though given his accommodation of prize diver Grealish.

I really wish we'd tackle this diving curse. Vardy and Maddison do it routinely for us too.
Scourge of the game. I’ve watched football with so many people trying to introduce them to the game over the years. Every single one points to diving and feigning injury as embarrassing to watch. It is.

Scourge of the game. I’ve watched football with so many people trying to introduce them to the game over the years. Every single one points to diving and feigning injury as embarrassing to watch. It is.
NBA annoys me for this too.

The Arse have scored a couple of lovely ones at West Brom.

Yep, that’s three games in a row they’ve won now, against high quality opposition.
so - naturally - the Beeb have them as world beaters...again

Did you know the their manager used to work for Manchester City’s manager?

It’s genuinely fascinating.

Media are absolutey desperate for them to actually be in the top 6.

Not that it stops them being talked about as though they always have been.

Some media channels like to maintain a narrative for an eager public. Note that I class fans and eager public as not necessarily one and the same thing. I'm incredulous sometimes at what some commentators say, at what some journalists write. I ask myself if they are watching the same game as me. But they are, so I guess it's the agenda (I wanted a better word, 'agenda' is a bit loaded for what I mean... context if you will then) that is different. As a 'fan', I am parochial... one-eyed even... but my heart is on my sleeve and I don't aim for Pulitzers with my judgements.

Likewise, true Arsenal fans know how shit they are/aren't at the moment. They don't need media pundits to spin a yarn (based on former glories) around it. With column inches to fill, and a literary pretense to live up to (pot, kettle?) journalists will tell a different story, and I can cut them some slack for that.

That said, I do wish Radio 4's Today programme would drop it's sports coverage entirely. It's offensively superficial, aimed at those that want to make conversation at the water cooler. Gary Richardson talks shit... in any context.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain why Man City were able to postpone their match the other day when five players were unavailable due to COVID but today they have six unavailable but are playing?

Can anyone explain why Man City were able to postpone their match the other day when five players were unavailable due to COVID but today they have six unavailable but are playing?

Cos they can do what they want without reprisal of any kind

oh don't start ;)

I suspect Frankie was the peoples choice, a sentimental selection, rather than one based on cold managerial acumen. Without disrespecting him (though believe me, that'd come both easily and naturally to me) he'd only come from Derby. Not like it was Celtic or anything... oh, hang on... umm....

Whatever, yep, I can see his days being numbered.

Our game was actually better than this absolute schooling.....

oh don't start ;)

I suspect Frankie was the peoples choice, a sentimental selection, rather than one based on cold managerial acumen. Without disrespecting him (though believe me, that'd come both easily and naturally to me) he'd only come from Derby. Not like it was Celtic or anything... oh, hang on... umm....

Whatever, yep, I can see his days being numbered.

they’ve spent too much money this summer to let nostalgia drive the decision for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566