Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve massively underachieved in the year 2020, no matter how much some want to spin it.

Especially when you consider that the desire to be winners at all costs has disappeared completely from the big clubs.

I was thinking about how in the past there are certain clubs in Europe who just win, and continue to win. No matter how much they win they have a massive desire to keep doing it.

Not one club remains.

Especially when you consider that the desire to be winners at all costs has disappeared completely from the big clubs.

I was thinking about how in the past there are certain clubs in Europe who just win, and continue to win. No matter how much they win they have a massive desire to keep doing it.

Not one club remains.
I think it's partly down to no team, no matter how big they are, being able to keep a core squad together for long. You'll never get a class of 92 again who are moulded into a club.

If only we had Ancelotti,

Bodgers out!

Although that can't be true as Everton and the amazing Ancelotti only got 4 more points than us and Brighton/Potter no where to be seen on the list.

A load of bollocks.....

If only we had Ancelotti,

Bodgers out!

Although that can't be true as Everton and the amazing Ancelotti only got 4 more points than us and Brighton/Potter no where to be seen on the list.

A load of bollocks.....
Can we have “premier league Table oct 2019 to december 2019”?

Newcastle are the luckiest team in the world because they always play shit and they regularly fluke points.

However, Man Utd are pushing them hard now. I am yet to see them play particularly well against anyone and yet they always seem to get the penalty/deflection/random goal and it is so undeserved.

There is no way that was a penalty. As usual.

Pogba had his usual once a season good performance which will makes all the pundits say what a fantastic player he is. I've never got all the hype about him.

Pogba clearly made contact with Pogba causing him to fall = clear foul. Nothing dodgy there.

He did indeed trip himself up.

I couldn't really take the complaint from Dean Smith seriously though given his accommodation of prize diver Grealish.

I really wish we'd tackle this diving curse. Vardy and Maddison do it routinely for us too.

Pogba had his usual once a season good performance which will makes all the pundits say what a fantastic player he is. I've never got all the hype about him.
He's good when he wants to be. And then he can be very influential, can assert himself on a game. He's perhaps not the most technically gifted player you'll ever see (he's no cart horse either) but he does put himself about.

His big problem (IMHO) is attitude; he is a little too up himself and prone to sulks if things are not just so. In some respects, he's kinda like Paul (call me The Guv'nor) Ince (though Ince, tbf, had a better work rate) That is, he's good, but perhaps not as good as he thinks he is. There are other players just as important to the team. Just that, in Pogba's case, he seems to require it be acknowledged that he's the kingpin.

Managed well, Pogba is a world class midfielder.

He needs smoke blowing up his arse and Mourinho couldn't be doing with that - like with Alli at Spurs - and OGS is just not a good enough manager to gain Pogba's respect/commitment.

Put Pogba in Liverpool's midfield and he'd be a star for them every week.

I really wish we'd tackle this diving curse. Vardy and Maddison do it routinely for us too.
This is what makes me hesitant to make fun of Grealish - whenever Maddison is on the ball he does some unbelievable flops, as though he's trained over and over how to do that instead of how to pass

Grealish is more skilled than Maddison at inviting the free kick. True, Maddison flops with the best but Grealish engineers the situation with greater aplomb. And I'm actually trying to say that with an even-handedness. I leave it for others to say/think/suggest that is a good or a bad thing. All I will say is that it's undeniable that a free kick in a certain area is a bona fide opportunity so I can understand the motivation to create the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669