Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get nothing from watching something which seems akin to a training game in an empty stadium.
I agree with this. I’m following the scores but not watching the games. They don’t hold any interest to me as they are.

Football has never been so devoid of soul and that's saying something

Do you really think it's the fans' desire to watch a match that is the prime mover here? I would share the blame three ways; firstly the TV companies and their greed for profit, then the clubs and players who just seem to think they are 'the rules', and lastly the national and football authorities for allowing it to happen. I've been as addicted to the game as anybody but I get nothing from watching something which seems akin to a training game in an empty stadium.

The drive is money, as with everything in football. If football stops, the money stops.

I'm one of the feckwits with Sky/BT and Amazon subscriptions. I'm a hypocritic. I just wish some people in the game would grow a pair and make a stand. But I guess the money is everything to them too.

Like I say, it will go on until something really bad happens.

Do you really think it's the fans' desire to watch a match that is the prime mover here? I would share the blame three ways; firstly the TV companies and their greed for profit, then the clubs and players who just seem to think they are 'the rules', and lastly the national and football authorities for allowing it to happen. I've been as addicted to the game as anybody but I get nothing from watching something which seems akin to a training game in an empty stadium.

Aye. We're actually in a title race this season but I'm not really enjoying it tbh. I've watched most matches this season and even 3-3s and that are mostly bollocks.

Aye. We're actually in a title race this season but I'm not really enjoying it tbh. I've watched most matches this season and even 3-3s and that are mostly bollocks.
Agreed. There’s just no feeling is there at all

I like it. It's different but I like it.

I dunno, I wouldn't want it to become the norm but I do enjoy seeing the game with the crowd layer stripped off. Gives you a different perspective. I think the players are becoming increasingly used to it too. At first, their energy/motivation levels weren't as high but they are warming more and more to the task. Stands to reason really - you get used to stuff.

Hopefully that defeat and yet another failed attempt to get to a final has dampened the spirits at Old Trafford

I just love the look of anguish on Maguires face every single time he's on camera.

Genuinely looks like he's hating every minute of it

I just love the look of anguish on Maguires face every single time he's on camera.

Genuinely looks like he's hating every minute of it
At one point I thought Shaw was confused and thought he was on a school playground. Within about three minutes he shoved several players in the chest for no reason. Proper twat.

I thought that when I ordered one of those sex dolls. Truth is, it's just not the same. She makes a shit cup of tea.
I thought of making the comparison to Mme. Palm's five lovely daughters when I made that post, I'm just too clean living for this forum aren't I!

I kinda agree with him. But then this time round it seems every fecker is going to work and this lockdown is even more half arsed than the first one. People can send kids to school if they're working from home.....wtf that's about.

Genius measure to ensure the virus can still get in houses it otherwise wouldn’t

I don't get why the haven't just opened up them warehouses. Nightingales or whatever they called them? We could just pile everyone up and admit herd immunity is still the plan.

My word. United are signing a teenage winger and comparisons are being made to Ronaldo before journos have even seen him play.
Wibble. Wibble. Wibble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Ipswich4389
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4385
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366