Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basic : 180k per week
Match Bonus : 5k per week

Wonder which bit does the job.

The football market is weird anyway, but the fact that the match bonus isn't bigger than the weekly salary will always baffle.
Players and their agents wouldn’t agree to it in a Month of Sunday’s would they.

Everyone needs a ‘basic’ that they know is guaranteed and there are very few professions (bar sales) where the bonus outweighs the basic.

Players and their agents wouldn’t agree to it in a Month of Sunday’s would they.

Everyone needs a ‘basic’ that they know is guaranteed and there are very few professions (bar sales) where the bonus outweighs the basic.
There are also very few jobs where the whole point of your week is to perform for 90 minutes on a weekend.

I agree, no one would agree to it, but you can't compare the role of a footballer to that of a financial controller or someone in R&D. It's far more like a theatre job or events where you get paid the big bucks for the event, not the prep

There are also very few jobs where the whole point of your week is to perform for 90 minutes on a weekend.

I agree, no one would agree to it, but you can't compare the role of a footballer to that of a financial controller or someone in R&D. It's far more like a theatre job or events where you get paid the big bucks for the event, not the prep
I see what you are saying but theatre jobs and so forth are predominantly self-employed and each role is contracted on that basis.

I see what you are saying but theatre jobs and so forth are predominantly self-employed and each role is contracted on that basis.
Aye and the only reason why football doesn't have that model is because clubs wouldn't get transfer fees. IF therte was no transfer fees I wouldn't be surprised if that was the way they went

I'm genuinely getting bored of podcasts and pundits talking about how brilliant it is that Leeds don't change their style whether they're losing 1-0 or 5-0.

If Allardyce was managing like that they'd be flaying him for 'not being pragmatic enough'.
But since Bielsa does it he's a 'footballing genius'/.

To be fair to Bielsa and Leeds they have found a way of playing that has them comfortably mid table which is very good for a newly promoted team with not great players. Especially when you look at more balanced teams like Sheffield United for example.

I don't think he is a genius, just brave and it has paid off. Fair play to them.

I'm genuinely getting bored of podcasts and pundits talking about how brilliant it is that Leeds don't change their style whether they're losing 1-0 or 5-0.

If Allardyce was managing like that they'd be flaying him for 'not being pragmatic enough'.
But since Bielsa does it he's a 'footballing genius'/.
What a fool Brendan was for changing the tactics in the second half of the Liverpool match. We should have continued to allow Liverpool to keep boxing us in and fail to complete two passes in a row. He doesn't even sit on a bucket.

To be fair to Bielsa and Leeds they have found a way of playing that has them comfortably mid table which is very good for a newly promoted team with not great players. Especially when you look at more balanced teams like Sheffield United for example.

I don't think he is a genius, just brave and it has paid off. Fair play to them.
There was a link to the salaries paid by EPL clubs posted here recently. Leeds were second bottom. To get the results he is doing, while also being a team most neutrals enjoy watching is a hell of an achievement.

While I somewhat agree with you I think there is a bit of a difference between the two.
I also agree both seem daft but if you think of each individual club as a bubble then international football at the minute is ****ing mental.

I also agree both seem daft but if you think of each individual club as a bubble then international football at the minute is ****ing mental.

So is Foden and Walker getting their oats anywhere they can during a pandemic.

Yes I know this is the kiss of death, but before the season I had a hunch that the Liverpool bubble would have to burst sooner or later. So I had a cheeky fiver on a final top four this season of Man City, Man Utd, Leicester and Chelsea at 90/1.

Hmm.

1613645507060.png

Chelsea losing at Soton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675