Premier League 2020-21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get that Newcastle probably agree it's funny as **** seeing Liverpool in 6th but they could try and not lose tonight. A dtaw would mean liverpool are 6th still wouldn't it?

I get that Newcastle probably agree it's funny as **** seeing Liverpool in 6th but they could try and not lose tonight. A dtaw would mean liverpool are 6th still wouldn't it?
Too late I fear.

I was a very strong supporter of Chilwell when he was at City.

Now he's gone, I can only see his decline as a postive thing. If he ends up as sub for Chelsea, he will drop out of England's side and lose his career impetus.

Yes, he's on a fortune at Chelsea, but that can also act against his career. If he fails to make their team regularly, nobody will be able to afford to sign him. He's fecked.

That's very good for us to show as an example to those players that might well be eyeing moves to 'bigger' clubs. I'm sure the likes of Maddison would back their ability to prove themselves anywhere, but seeing his mate crash and burn is bound to make him think a bit.

Maybe the grass isn't always greener.

Villa and Everton have enough games in hand to see Liverpool down to 8th. I wish I could be bothered to find out who they meet in those games.

Everton play Man City this week in one of those games.
Ah! Luckily then they only need one of their two games to overhaul their neighbours.

I was a very strong supporter of Chilwell when he was at City.

Now he's gone, I can only see his decline as a postive thing. If he ends up as sub for Chelsea, he will drop out of England's side and lose his career impetus.

Yes, he's on a fortune at Chelsea, but that can also act against his career. If he fails to make their team regularly, nobody will be able to afford to sign him. He's fecked.

That's very good for us to show as an example to those players that might well be eyeing moves to 'bigger' clubs. I'm sure the likes of Maddison would back their ability to prove themselves anywhere, but seeing his mate crash and burn is bound to make him think a bit.

Maybe the grass isn't always greener.
Sounds oddly like someone else we know. They ain’t learning, eh...

Chillwell is still a developing player with loads of potential. Lampard was keen to develop young players, but the new guy has clearly come in with short term goals and isn't going to care what Chillwell could be in a couple of years time.

Taking inspiration from elsewhere about how leagues will work. Looking at the bottom 3 in the prem and top 5 or 6 in the championship....who would be against them all receiving a yougov style survey about how bothered they would be about staying up? 5 options varying between Couldn't give a **** and ****ed if I care. Might prevent west brom or norwich from being watched at all next season.

Just a thought.

Chillwell has plenty of time to work hard in training and get back into the team. You know, like wot they always say. To say he's ****ed (on whatever sum he's on) at the moment is a little premature I think. Besides, he's on loadsa money, I thought that's what motivated players?

Chillwell has plenty of time to work hard in training and get back into the team. You know, like wot they always say. To say he's ****ed (on whatever sum he's on) at the moment is a little premature I think. Besides, he's on loadsa money, I thought that's what motivated players?
Basic : 180k per week
Match Bonus : 5k per week

Wonder which bit does the job.

The football market is weird anyway, but the fact that the match bonus isn't bigger than the weekly salary will always baffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669