Premier League 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well written. Makes me want to pack it all in.

Yep, pretty bleak isn't it.

How the Premier League can claim to have any morals now...

The most interesting bit to me is how do Newcastle react to things like Rainbow Laces etc. At a time when inclusive behaviour is more of a key consideration than ever, the Premier League shows it cares far, far more about money.

Yep, pretty bleak isn't it.

How the Premier League can claim to have any morals now...

The most interesting bit to me is how do Newcastle react to things like Rainbow Laces etc. At a time when inclusive behaviour is more of a key consideration than ever, the Premier League shows it cares far, far more about money.

Yup. They pretended it was about ownership etc allowing things to drag on. Obviously it was all to do with the piracy issue and **** all else. I'm going to repeat myself like a parrot over the next few years in saying that allowing these types of owners/countries to have their own super league would have been better for the game we (or me anyhoo) actually want.

The default defence of the takeover seems to be "every owner has skeletons in their closet, football's already dead, any fan would want to buy success for their club". Nothing means anything, everyone is a bastard so just look out for number one by any means necessary and never take a stand. It's the same sort of logic used by selfish, backstabbing arseholes everywhere to justify their actions. How depressing.
Football, like art, reflects life.

You've described the world we live in.

It's how you end up with Boris Johnson as PM & a waxwork as his main opposition. It's how you get Trump & Putin.
It's how you get Twitter posts starting drinking games that involve having a shot to celebrate everytime a child drowns crossing the channel, it's how you get people who have basically never lifted their head to look at the world their entire lives calling you a "sheep" for wearing a mask in a hospital waiting area during a pandemic.

The 21st century is basically just the world resetting slowly to how it was for thousands of years before the chaos & resultant progress of the 20th. We lived OUR lives during a blip in history. The blip is coming to an end.

I said it somewhere else wait until Newcastle start playing on Sky/BT the commentary will be unbearable all the pundits will be falling over themselves to praise Newcastle and how wonderful they are, this will be the day after Bruce is sacked and Conte in appointed with a £250 million January transfer budget.

This will be the end of my football subscription. I'll just go and watch Leicester and that's it.

Football, like art, reflects life.

You've described the world we live in.

It's how you end up with Boris Johnson as PM & a waxwork as his main opposition. It's how you get Trump & Putin.
It's how you get Twitter posts starting drinking games that involve having a shot to celebrate everytime a child drowns crossing the channel, it's how you get people who have basically never lifted their head to look at the world their entire lives calling you a "sheep" for wearing a mask in a hospital waiting area during a pandemic.

The 21st century is basically just the world resetting slowly to how it was for thousands of years before the chaos & resultant progress of the 20th. We lived OUR lives during a blip in history. The blip is coming to an end.

Good grief, the despair in that post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469