Premier League 2022/23

Newcastle giving us pure comedy gold

I've been patiently waiting for the Newcastle implosion.

Howe is not a good manager. He's successfully got them going and momentum works for a while. However, they are a pretty shit side with only Trippier and Guimaraes being serious players.

They've been hanging in there due to a very lucky run of clean sheets but it can't continue. We've got a much better squad than them.

Since they hammered us on Boxing Day they’ve had five draws, one win and now presumably a defeat in the league.

You feel Liverpool will pick up and end in the top four but it would be lovely for Fulham or Brighton to nick it. No doubt some merciless contingency are preparing for that eventuality.

I've been patiently waiting for the Newcastle implosion.

Howe is not a good manager. He's successfully got them going and momentum works for a while. However, they are a pretty shit side with only Trippier and Guimaraes being serious players.

They've been hanging in there due to a very lucky run of clean sheets but it can't continue. We've got a much better squad than them.

Howe always has the facial expression of someone you've caught sniffing a ladies bike seat.

Howe always has the facial expression of someone you've caught sniffing a ladies bike seat.
I'd say it's more like a face one pulls after a sniff test on some cream one has correctly suspected of being considerably past the turn.

Assuming you can list for as many matches as you want (unlike Leicester), then that sounds pretty fair to me. Especially when they have a small ground. Hopefully it'll free up tickets for fans that otherwise wouldn't get to go.
Brentford & Brighton are the absolute paradigm of how to run a smaller club in the PL. Everything run on the numbers, managers manage & coach, analysts are listened to, recruitement does the recruiting & everything is based on cold hard numbers. no room for egocentrics who want to control everything.

Brentford especially. To anyone of my generation growing up with football " 3rd division Brentford " may as well have been the club's full name. Nothing short of remarkable what Benham & his people have done there & all while managing to keep the feel of a local club.

Maybe we should all have pro gamblers running our clubs ?

Assuming you can list for as many matches as you want (unlike Leicester), then that sounds pretty fair to me. [...] Hopefully it'll free up tickets for fans that otherwise wouldn't get to go.

They also encourage you to 'transfer' your ticket which I presume means that you can let somebody else use your ticket which strictly is not allowed at Leicester.

I always use my dads ticket when he can't make the games - just have to ring up to 'upgrade' it to a regular adult ticket which is usually around £10.

They just email an e-ticket for the non-season ticket holder to use.

So now we have Ruben Selles, Javi Gracia and Gary O'Neil as actual permanent PL managers.

Thank feck for idiot owners. Our position in the PL looks safe for another year.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663