Preston North End

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question to those who see more of the games. Given that King does great impressions of the invisible man can the new improved Nicky Adam's cover centre mid instead?

Yes.

I had people around me slagging off Oakley last night for some misplaced passes etc etc and yet when it was pointed out(loudly ahem) he was doing the work of 2 players as he was covering for King all bloody night the slagging off soon stopped.

And I'm not surprised he was subbed, he looked knackered. King didn't look like he had broke into a sweat. I'm a tad concerned that when Wellens doesnt play due to his inevitable suspensions and King comes in for him, our midfield will get swamped.

I hate midfielders who don't bloody put tackles in!

Tunchev clearly looked like it was his first competitive match since Jan, he was off the pace a few times and he was at fault for the first goal defo, and a couple of other times first half was turned or was beaten by his man.

N'Guessan was almost as non-existant as King as well, which was disappointing.

As for the game itself, when we got the ball on the gorund and passed it we did ok, got forward plenty and had some goodbuild up to do better than what they did with the chances.

Am a bit disappointed we lost but not as bothered as if we played badly and got tonked.

And we were home for 11.45 Excellent!

... but you can not blunt the development of one of our brightest young players by bringing in another midfielder, how will King get the chance to prove that he is as good as he could be???^^^^^^^^^

Yes.

I had people around me slagging off Oakley last night for some misplaced passes etc etc and yet when it was pointed out(loudly ahem) he was doing the work of 2 players as he was covering for King all bloody night the slagging off soon stopped.

And I'm not surprised he was subbed, he looked knackered. King didn't look like he had broke into a sweat. I'm a tad concerned that when Wellens doesnt play due to his inevitable suspensions and King comes in for him, our midfield will get swamped.

Tunchev clearly looked like it was his first competitive match since Jan, he was off the pace a few times and he was at fault for the first goal defo, and a couple of other times first half was turned or was beaten by his man.

As for the game itself, when we got the ball on the gorund and passed it we did ok, got forward plenty and had some goodbuild up to do better than what they did with the chances.

Am a bit disappointed we lost but not as bothered as if we played badly and got tonked.

I agree, in League 1 you could get away with him going missing in games, but you wont in the Championship. Some on here will defend him because he has come through the youth team, but you need your midfielders to get stuck in.

Yes.

Great post BF, couldn't agree more. King is nowhere near good enough at this level, in fact I would go as far to say he has less involvement and influence than Gareth Williams and he recieved dogs abuse for his work ethic whilst at the club.

I agree, in League 1 you could get away with him going missing in games, but you wont in the Championship. Some on here will defend him because he has come through the youth team, but you need your midfielders to get stuck in.

Apparently we are in a 'minority' on this view, if you are to believe some on here!!!

He should be loaned out, he is of 0 use to us this year.

I'd think Oakley and Wellens are pretty much the first two names on the teamsheet if fit/available.

He's played around 180 minutes of football so far this season, not enough to tell if he'll be good enough or not.

The consensus seems to be that Tunchev was rubbish last night, are people writing him off at this level too?

Jeff, with all due respect last season his performances were average, but he had the knack of scoring goals, but last night he was out of his depth and that was against PNE's second string midfield. I will guarentee that we will struggle and concede goals when he plays. When you compare the influence that Adams had on the game then there is no comparison, Adams looks capable of being a decent player at this level, where as King looks poor and his presence in the side adds pressure to his midfield partner and significantly weakens the spine of the team. At times last night we were overran and he made Darren Carter look a superstar FFS.

I will always support King whilst he wears the blue shirt, but the hard facts are he is a weak link and we can ill afford for him to be our next available option should Oakley or Wellens get injured or suspended.

As for Tunchev he is coming back from serious injury, he got caught out at times, but that was more down to lack of match fitness and sharpness, whereas King was just out of his depth.

Jeff, with all due respect last season his performances were average

In the matches I saw last season (about a third of them) he was one of our better players. Maybe he was crap in all the games I didn't go to. But if that's the case I'm surprised NP kept picking him. But what does he know?

As for Tunchev he is coming back from serious injury, he got caught out at times, but that was more down to lack of match fitness and sharpness,

Tunchev played a fair bit pre-season, and has played an international game, so it's not like he's been thrown in having played no football at all.

In the matches I saw last season (about a third of them) he was one of our better players. Maybe he was crap in all the games I didn't go to. But if that's the case I'm surprised NP kept picking him. But what does he know?

Tunchev played a fair bit pre-season, and has played an international game, so it's not like he's been thrown in having played no football at all.

Where did I say he was crap ?? I said he was average but had the ability at league one level to get forward and score a fair amount of goals. He was more than adequate for that level and it was proven in our results, however this year we are at a different level and King has looked like a little boy lost. There is nothing to say that he won't learn and develop as the season goes on, but at the moment if we were to lose Oakley or Wellens for any amount of time it would be a hammer blow, as King is not yet ready to come in and play in the centre midfield against championship standard midfielders.

He had little choice,who were the other options ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566