Preston Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How that shitehawk continues to get a feckin' game is beyond me

I am now past caring who we get in as manager, just as long as it's someone who can recognise the fact that he is a useless feckin' tosspot

And to think we turned down a big money offer for him last season !!!

That made me spit my drink out. Phenomenal call. Top drawer stuff RL. Better than Alan Partridge.

i only watched it on Sky Sports News and thought Fulop was MOTM

How that shitehawk continues to get a feckin' game is beyond me

I am now past caring who we get in as manager, just as long as it's someone who can recognise the fact that he is a useless feckin' tosspot
I know you weren't a fan of gm,but when he said 'much of a muchness' about the players, he wasn't far off the mark imo.

As for Stearman, to single him out is unfair, there are plenty in that squad who are useless tosspots.

I agree with the fact,and have been saying for sometime,we need a manager that can see what we see every week,an average side playing average football.

I know you weren't a fan of gm,but when he said 'much of a muchness' about the players, he wasn't far off the mark imo.

As for Stearman, to single him out is unfair, there are plenty in that squad who are useless tosspots.

I agree with the fact,and have been saying for sometime,we need a manager that can see what we see every week,an average side playing average football.

A half decent manager can turn a very average side into play-off contenders, as evidenced by Billy Davies last year and by Dowie when in charge of Palace

A decent manager also would not walk in the door and call everyone shit. He would assess the squad and build them into a team rather than diss them completely and then play ten feckin' defenders behind the ball

We should be beating teams below us, but I must point out:

Before tonights games ...

Preston had 14 points .... 12 of which were won at home.
Scunthorpe had 20 points ... 11 of which were won at home.
Colchester had 15 points .... 9 of which were won at home.

Preston in particular have practically won all of their points at home, i.e - It was never going to be easy. It's a good point IMO, even though they are below us.

With no midfield, no manager to steady the ship - I genuinely don't think tonights point is all that bad.

Or looking at it in a slightly different way Preston have only lost once at home all season, to therefore simply expect to win just because they are below is probably a little unrealistic.

However, statistics also tell us that we have now drawn 8 games from 14 played, which IMO is far to high and is mainly due to playing a very limited deffensive game involving 6/7/8 defenders at the same time. If we had tried to attack more in those games, winning half and losing half, then we would be 4 points and 6 positions better off.

It's poor, draws are no good against the bottom team in the division and the almost bottom (Colchester). Even Barnsley are flying and they're really crap! Draws are no good, nor is a great defence if you can't score goals, which you won't when you field about 7 defenders! I sooner us see a good win and 2 losses than 3 crap boring draws, the points are just the same. Where are Ferreira, Kaebi, Hellings or possibly a risk with a younger home grown player, anythings got to be better than this crap.

It's poor, draws are no good against the bottom team in the division and the almost bottom (Colchester). Even Barnsley are flying and they're really crap! Draws are no good, nor is a great defence if you can't score goals, which you won't when you field about 7 defenders! I sooner us see a good win and 2 losses than 3 crap boring draws, the points are just the same. Where are Ferreira, Kaebi, Hellings or possibly a risk with a younger home grown player, anythings got to be better than this crap.

Which is why we need to get a new manager ASAP. :icon_conf

Or looking at it in a slightly different way Preston have only lost once at home all season, to therefore simply expect to win just because they are below is probably a little unrealistic.

However, statistics also tell us that we have now drawn 8 games from 14 played, which IMO is far to high and is mainly due to playing a very limited deffensive game involving 6/7/8 defenders at the same time. If we had tried to attack more in those games, winning half and losing half, then we would be 4 points and 6 positions better off.

Bare in mind the fact that the entire club has been in turmoil all season with 4 different people looking after the team in the league so far (Allen, Rudkin, Megson, Burrows) as well as the best part of 20 new players in the squad.

In that context, if we are somewhere between 30-35 points after 23 games, I will consider us to have done well in the first half of the season. That means we need 13-18 points from the next 9 games.

An away draw is very rarely a bad thing. We're ticking over okay at the moment. The only concern is (as always) our shoddy lack of wins at home.

A half decent manager can turn a very average side into play-off contenders, as evidenced by Billy Davies last year and by Dowie when in charge of Palace

A decent manager also would not walk in the door and call everyone shit. He would assess the squad and build them into a team rather than diss them completely and then play ten feckin' defenders behind the ball
Who did that :102:

Were hanging on to the 6th team despite all the problems we may be "that team" who comes with a late second half season charge (IMO we are capable with a fully fit squad and a couple of additions in January)

Were hanging on to the 6th team despite all the problems we may be "that team" who comes with a late second half season charge (IMO we are capable with a fully fit squad and a couple of additions in January)
I hope your right.

I do disagree on a 'couple' of additions tho.That number would be 5 or 6 for me.

I hope your right.

I do disagree on a 'couple' of additions tho.That number would be 5 or 6 for me.

And a decent fecking manager who is likely to stay long enough to collect more than 2 monthly pay cheques :icon_lol:

Our results and peformance are just mundane and dull,I think having watched a lot of matches on Sky this season,we must be the dullest side in the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669