Preston Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gibson doesn't understand the loan system, team formations and clearly hasn't seen much football this season...where do we get these tw**ts?

Can't understand all this pessimism.
Very much a make shift team (for whatever reasons), go one down, come back to earn a point and could've come away with all 3.

Don't lose away from home, win at home, is what they say. Isn't that what we are doing with Tache 'n Taggs.

for me its just feckin boredom, off the field we never know what to expect. on the field however its either shit performances which get a win from a dull match (ie. sheff wed) a bore draw (most of the time) or a defeat where we don't even try to go for it

Not good enough.... I hear all this crap about Colchester and Scunthorpe and Preston not being easy places to go to but the reality is in the last two games we played teams beneath us in the league and two points is not good enough..... Looking for a silver lining at least all the Blue Mongies have to now finally shut the fcuk up about Taggart being involved with the new regime.

But surely it will be the fault of that nasty, cap wearing man who has never worn the blue of the mighty foxes and has kept poor defenceless Gerry down? :icon_wink

Swede Fox, that's the sort of pessimism, whether tongue in cheek or not, that I mean.

Whilst I don't consider myself a "blue Mongie", I don't want to slash my wrists just cos we haven't won a game. (At a ground where we have only won once since the last king died!)

Dont know why people think we should be beating teams like preston and colchester away from home with no midfield. Considering the amount of injurys and shit players in the squad, tashe and taggs arent doing bad.

I do not want them to get the job but if its a choice between them and reid id stick with them.

Dont know why people think we should be beating teams like preston and colchester away from home with no midfield. Considering the amount of injurys and shit players in the squad, tashe and taggs arent doing bad.

I do not want them to get the job but if its a choice between them and reid id stick with them.

i don't think it would matter who is in charge, our squad is pretty gash really. we should be going to try and win games against teams like preston as they have been awful this season, plus fans expect wins from their team at home games and as they have been rare enough we can only hope we attack in away games

Not good enough.... I hear all this crap about Colchester and Scunthorpe and Preston not being easy places to go to but the reality is in the last two games we played teams beneath us in the league and two points is not good enough..... Looking for a silver lining at least all the Blue Mongies have to now finally shut the fcuk up about Taggart being involved with the new regime.

We should be beating teams below us, but I must point out:

Before tonights games ...

Preston had 14 points .... 12 of which were won at home.
Scunthorpe had 20 points ... 11 of which were won at home.
Colchester had 15 points .... 9 of which were won at home.

Preston in particular have practically won all of their points at home, i.e - It was never going to be easy. It's a good point IMO, even though they are below us.

With no midfield, no manager to steady the ship - I genuinely don't think tonights point is all that bad.

haha i've just seen the goals on SSN, this league is top draw :icon_lol:

Preston in particular have practically won all of their points at home, i.e - It was never going to be easy. It's a good point IMO, even though they are below us.

With no midfield, no manager to steady the ship - I genuinely don't think tonights point is all that bad.

Stop talking sense.

Can we really blame the quality of our squad though?

Barnsley, Plymouth, scunthorpe etc all above us in the table none have any real quality Barnsley espeacally are shit.

I know we have injurys at the moment but when we do get Clems, Weso and hume back if we are still struggling againest these team. We need a manager who can motivate a team and galvanise the squad into playing with confidence.

Swede Fox, that's the sort of pessimism, whether tongue in cheek or not, that I mean.

Whilst I don't consider myself a "blue Mongie", I don't want to slash my wrists just cos we haven't won a game. (At a ground where we have only won once since the last king died!)

All I'm saying is that we have only won one home game with Taggart, if we win Saturday then we are on a streak (sort of), if we lose we are back where we started. So I think it's an important game!

Last edited:

Barnsley, Plymouth, scunthorpe etc all above us in the table none have any real quality Barnsley espeacally are shit.

I know we have injurys at the moment but when we do get Clems, Weso and hume back if we are still struggling againest these team. We need a manager who can motivate a team and galvanise the squad into playing with confidence.

its not individual players quality that is the problem, its the overall team. with the exception of stearman i'd say none of the back 8 we are playing are particularly poor, but the face we are playing a back 8 shows that the blend is totally wrong. no wingers, no attacking midfielder...

Well said Nottingham. It's disappointing but with a makeshift midfield a win was always going to be tough. Good post. :icon_cool

It's a sad fact that while we have the best defence in the league we also have the 3rd worst attack. God only knows where we'd be without Fulop and the back eight. :icon_roll

Not one of those teams or any other has gone through what we have. Looking for our 3rd manager of the season ffs. It must have had an affect on the players/squad.

Until we have some much needed stability, the club will just plod along as it is doing.

We are all looking at the 4 point gap between us and 3rd from bottom, but how about looking at the 6 point gap between us and 6th in the league, plus we have a game in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669