Preston Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our results and peformance are just mundane and dull,I think having watched a lot of matches on Sky this season,we must be the dullest side in the League
I watched the Barnsley v Blackpool game half expecting it to be boring.

Turned out to be a good game and the Blackpool fight back with ten men was impressive for the championship.

Larry went up in my estimations after that game. Its another matter tho if he could come here, and get in some quality players, to replace some of the shite weve been lumbered with.

I watched the Barnsley v Blackpool game half expecting it to be boring.

Turned out to be a good game and the Blackpool fight back with ten men was impressive for the championship.

Larry went up in my estimations after that game. Its another matter tho if he could come here, and get in some quality players, to replace some of the shite weve been lumbered with.

Its ashame that isnt going to happen!!

Bare in mind the fact that the entire club has been in turmoil all season with 4 different people looking after the team in the league so far (Allen, Rudkin, Megson, Burrows) as well as the best part of 20 new players in the squad.

In that context, if we are somewhere between 30-35 points after 23 games, I will consider us to have done well in the first half of the season. That means we need 13-18 points from the next 9 games.

An away draw is very rarely a bad thing. We're ticking over okay at the moment. The only concern is (as always) our shoddy lack of wins at home.

The away form is not bad, its the home form that is the trouble. Hopefully the crowd will stay behind Taggs. It hardly inspires a team (many of whom have no real history with Leicester) if the crowd get on their backs immediately. The players need this monkey off their backs. The Crowd always gets behind players who seem committed even if they miss a lot of chances eg HUUUUUUme.

A good performance on Saturday and it gives Milan longer to find the right manager. At present we can take a delay in appointment, we cannot take another wrong appointment, it would be very hard to sack someone else this season. We would be a laughing stock.

I got a hard time for predicting in August that the opening game gives the seasons result each year at Leicester. I said a defeat would mean manager sacked by Christmas, even my clairvoyance didn't predict two different managers sacked....

(I know GM wasnt sacked, but would have been ....)

I got a hard time for predicting in August that the opening game gives the seasons result each year at Leicester. I said a defeat would mean manager sacked by Christmas, even my clairvoyance didn't predict two different managers sacked....
(I know GM wasnt sacked, but would have been ....)

It's a shame cloning technology is still in its infancy, we could've sacked two of the same managers.:)

Seriously though I was lambasted because of my clairvoyance too. I predicted that if we hired too many turkeys we'd be stuffed by Christmas ... :tumbleweed:

I'm getting slightly worried that I'm no longer bothered about how crap it is watching Leicester City..........

its been crap for a few years, but rarely as boring. its quite annoying for me personally that i have already wrote this season off :(

its been crap for a few years, but rarely as boring. its quite annoying for me personally that i have already wrote this season off :(

I am not writing us off yet. We are 6 points off the play-offs (a lot for this time of the season, but not terminal IF we start to perform) and the league is
full of pish.

There's time but little evidence that we are using it wisely. Milan could not prevent Megson leaving, but has to take responsibility for Allen - whether it be for hiring or firing him. We are drifting with no real signs of a decisive management structure and no midfield players who are fit and deemed worthy of the first team. hardly pointers to a successful season.

We are drifting, but still picking up points.

Rather be drifting like us than like Narwich right now!

Just saw the highlights, looks like Fryatt is certainly picking up some of his old form, and DJ seems to be getting into it now. I think keeping that forward 3 could start to be deadly soon

Just saw the highlights, looks like Fryatt is certainly picking up some of his old form, and DJ seems to be getting into it now. I think keeping that forward 3 could start to be deadly soon

Agreed, gutted DJ is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670