Preston Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are all looking at the 4 point gap between us and 3rd from bottom, but how about looking at the 6 point gap between us and 6th in the league, plus we have a game in hand.

true, but a pretty pants fixture list for december

I've just seen on TV that Australia are playing a friendly at of all places Craven Cottage. Wasn't it Fulham who were after Kisnorbo at one stage? Well he's in the squad so I guess they'll get to have a look at him if he gets a start ... :icon_conf

Not one of those teams or any other has gone through what we have. Looking for our 3rd manager of the season ffs. It must have had an affect on the players/squad.

Until we have some much needed stability, the club will just plod along as it is doing.

We are all looking at the 4 point gap between us and 3rd from bottom, but how about looking at the 6 point gap between us and 6th in the league, plus we have a game in hand.

Im saying if we got a manger who could last till the end of the season, keep the key members of the first team over the summer and ship out all this summers shit buys, next year we could be a real force in this very average league.

keep the key members of the first team over the summer and ship out all this summers shit buys, next year we could be a real force in this very average league.

that was probably the brief given to martin allen :icon_conf

Re: Preston Match Thread

1 point is feckin useless, by the time january comes we'll be too far short of the teams up the top to make it another pointless season
I wouldnt say useless

1 point closer to safety :icon_cool

Not the worst possible result but I have to say that the gap to the play offs gets further away with every game. I don't even know why I am thinking about the play offs. We will not get anywhere close with this team.

Same old f*cking relegation shit!:mad:

Just home from the match(live in Blackpool), PNE had a good 15 minute spell in the first half but after that i never felt we were under threat. 2 points dropped for sure , a goal disallowed in injury time (Cort) would have made it a decent night. Too negative, King improved the side when he came on(at least provided us with a midfield player. Thought Kenton was our best player especially when moved into defence to accomodate King, Fryatt tried hard and threatened the goal a few times, John got no service, Stearman had a poor game, credit to Burrows for changing things in the first half (McAuley off for King)when they were well on top.Awin on saturday will make this point seem ok. but the same as many games this season a draw should have been a win

Just home from the match(live in Blackpool), PNE had a good 15 minute spell in the first half but after that i never felt we were under threat. 2 points dropped for sure , a goal disallowed in injury time (Cort) would have made it a decent night. Too negative, King improved the side when he came on(at least provided us with a midfield player. Thought Kenton was our best player especially when moved into defence to accomodate King, Fryatt tried hard and threatened the goal a few times, John got no service, Stearman had a poor game, credit to Burrows for changing things in the first half (McAuley off for King)when they were well on top.Awin on saturday will make this point seem ok. but the same as many games this season a draw should have been a win

Makes me wonder why he wasn't on from the start? :icon_roll

Just got back to the Travelodge after the best Indian i have ever been to.

All i can say is: Stearman is shite, dont know why we took DJ off, Cort should have made shore he was onside and i am happy with a point.

Not the best game in the world, they were all over us second half and we were on top second. Fryatt should have scored twice, and Cort's one on one with the goalie was a must goal but he passed it straight to the goalie.:bang:

Last edited:
Im saying if we got a manger who could last till the end of the season, keep the key members of the first team over the summer and ship out all this summers shit buys, next year we could be a real force in this very average league.

Who would you say are the key members of the first team?

My guess is we have no more than Fulop, Kisnorbo, maybe McAuley, Clemence, maybe Weslowski and Hume.

If memory serves me right we never get anything up there. I actually went to a dull 1-1 all up there a couple of years ago - so nothing new.

1-0 win last season :icon_roll
It said on RL that the win last year was the first for City at Preston since 1955, I think (probably bollocks because Barber said it) which shows that our expectations can sometimes be a little unrealistic - many of us expected a win and are now dissapointed we only came away with a draw, but in reality we've only won there once in the last 50 years!

But in general, I'd say that our current away form is just about acceptable IF we can start winning at home. If we can't win at home, then away draws are still not good enough.

It said on RL that the win last year was the first for City at Preston since 1955, I think (probably bollocks because Barber said it) which shows that our expectations can sometimes be a little unrealistic - many of us expected a win and are now dissapointed we only came away with a draw, but in reality we've only won there once in the last 50 years!

But in general, I'd say that our current away form is just about acceptable IF we can start winning at home. If we can't win at home, then away draws are still not good enough.

That's not the same as once in 50 matches though - we only played them 10 times in the intervening years.

Just got back to the Travelodge after the best Indian i have ever been to.

All i can say is: Stearman is shite, dont know why we took DJ off, Cort should have made shore he was onside and i am happy with a point.

Not the best game in the world, they were all over us second half and we were on top second. Fryatt should have scored twice, and Cort's one on one with the goalie was a must goal but he passed it straight to the goalie.:bang:

Ummm ... so what happened in the 1st half??? :icon_conf

Glad to hear the Indian was good, I love a decent curry :)

Taken in isolation, a point at Preston is not a bad result. The problem is that we consistently fail to turn draws into wins. A team that is going to escape this division would be doing so regualarly and, even to obtain a safe mid-table position requires more success than we have had.
Unquestionably, the lack of a manager and a midfield have not helped our cause. If we can keep picking up a point a game until January, hopefully both will be rectified.

Agreed, that's why I said We'll see on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669