Preston post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_B

IMO Ollie now under intense pressure, a side containing players of the quality and expense of Hendrie, Oakley, Clemence, Howard, Campbell, Hume et al should not be floundering at the bottom of the division, also the fact that Ollie has seemed unable to stop the inconsistency despite a fairly large and costly influx of new signings will surely mean that Milan's trigger happy finger is poised and twitching to press the trigger. Tonights game was always going to be the acid test and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Billy Davies or Iain Dowie finishing the season as manager of our club.

Oh for fecks sake. This seesaw of reactions is making me feel sick. Where can I get off please?

Graz

You seriously fancy doing a forest do you? They have had it easy havn't they.

Even Leeds look like they won't come straight back now.

This team has me at a loss. I don't know what is needed for us to turn things around, but we've had countless different managers, endless amounts of new players and even a new board, and none of it has made us better.

I still think we can stay up, but I just don't see how we're going to move away from being here every year.

That table makes for very grim reading though. Of the 5 teams below us, 4 have games in hand, and 2 of them have 2 games in hand!

Last edited:

Lako42

Oh for fecks sake. This seesaw of reactions is making me feel sick. Where can I get off please?

I dont think it is his personal opinion of what should happen, simply a guess at what will happen.

Boy Genius

Banned
Thats was just utter bollocks tonight and not good enough by a long way. I am still backing IH but I have to say I am starting to get a little bit pissed off now.

Oh feck, Bristol City on Saturday closely followed by WBA.........:icon_eek:

PFKAKTF FOX

I don't want to see Ollie given the bullet but lets be honest Milan ain't the most paitent and IMO after being given the resources to go out and sign players of the experience and quality of Howard, Hendrie, Clapham and Oakley and still to see the same problems arise, then I seriously can see Milan making changes if he deems it necessary and I think tonights result coupled with the availability of Milan favourites Davies and Dowie will no doubt see MM take decisive action in the not too distant.

Last edited:

Lako42

3rd from bottom have 2 games in hand on us, with our next two fixtures i can see us frequenting the relegation zone.

Waxed

Unbelievable.

How we've managed to lose this game I don't know. I was so frustrated at the end it was untrue. That shot on target for Preston just had to f*cking go in didn't it...

There looked to be only one winner in that game and it wasn't the men in yellow. Now I don't know whether all our goals were rightly disallowed but the referee had a mare.

We should have had the game buried, we certainly had enough chances. I don't even think we played particularly badly, it was just a totally frutrating night in front of goal.

This was a game we could really have done without losing.

Last edited:

Brown Nose

We got what we deserved. Feck all. Disgraceful performance yet again.

Never mind the abuse for the lino or the ref. What about the feckwits in blue? They created nothing all game.

Hume and Clemence once again, inept.

We'll probably go out on Saturday and win against the league leaders. But that's not really the point is it.

That was crap. I told the chap sitting next me in the 7 minute we've pissed in our chips and preston are going to nick it in the last minutes, and that. Makes a change being proved right.

WTF were Stearman and Kisnorbo doing for the goal? Looks like they were saying go on, have a shot! oh oops Doh! Feckers.

beaumontfox

I'm fuming.

I knew as soon as Kisnorbo slipped over and not one City player tried to cover him that the Preston lad would do what our lot hadn't done all night, and that was take a pop from outside the area.

It was an awful game, played by two very poor sides, overshadowed by terrible officiating.

But the crucial factor is that whilst those players in blue seem to be scared of their own shadows, playing in a lower league is becoming a very real possibility unless something is done to stop it.

Obviously those at that end of the ground can tell better whether the goals disallowed should've been. But it doesn't matter really does it?
Because yet again we concede a last minute goal which could've, indeed should've been dealt with. The player should've been closed down so he couldn't take the shot.

I'm getting heartsick at watching this week after week now.

And as someone has already said, it wouldnb't bloody surprise me if we beat Bristol City now and then get people saying how great it was.....

No point in beating the teams at the top if you can't beat the teams around you in the battle for survival!

How many of those teams in the bottom eight do we have to play?
And tbh if we play the way we are doing we won't get many points at all from them.

I don't want to see Holloway fail, but since he has come imo things have gone backwards, not forwards. I'm very pessimistic about things right now.

PFKAKTF FOX

I'm fuming.

I knew as soon as Kisnorbo slipped over and not one City player tried to cover him that the Preston lad would do what our lot hadn't done all night, and that was take a pop from outside the area.

It was an awful game, played by two very poor sides, overshadowed by terrible officiating.

But the crucial factor is that whilst those players in blue seem to be scared of their own shadows, playing in a lower league is becoming a very real possibility unless something is done to stop it.

Obviously those at that end of the ground can tell better whether the goals disallowed should've been. But it doesn't matter really does it?
Because yet again we concede a last minute goal which could've, indeed should've been dealt with. The player should've been closed down so he couldn't take the shot.

I'm getting heartsick at watching this week after week now.

And as someone has already said, it wouldnb't bloody surprise me if we beat Bristol City now and then get people saying how great it was.....

No point in beating the teams at the top if you can't beat the teams around you in the battle for survival!

How many of those teams in the bottom eight do we have to play?
And tbh if we play the way we are doing we won't get many points at all from them.

I don't want to see Holloway fail, but since he has come imo things have gone backwards, not forwards. I'm very pessimistic about things right now.

Great Post BF :038:

beaumontfox

Is it?:icon_sad:

I don't WANT to be ranting about the state my football team is in.

I don't WANT to be angry and upset about the lack of effort and desire and commitment shown yet again by the so called players who are out there wearing the colours of my team.

I don't WANT to see another manager sacked because that would mean he isn't doing the job he has been paid to do.

I don't want to be one of those fans grasping at the straws of bad officiating costing us points when in reality we don't deserve fúck all.

The worst thing about it all though, is that all my anger and frustration is starting to become as halfhearted as what I'm seeing on the pitch.
And that scares me most of all, that I'm starting not to care.:icon_cry:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673