Preston post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
to be fair they just showed the goal on Sky and it was a belter....

so a big :098: to him too!

w****ers!

Was sat in line between the strike and the top corner, between him hitting it and it going in i had the following thoughts:-
1) Oh look that chap has the ball in space.
2) Ooh, i wonder why no one is making a challenge?
3) Hey look, he has hit it and its not flying over the family stand.
4) Henderson will dive now.
5) Bit odd. He hasnt moved, yet he has had as long to look at the shot as me.
6) Blimey this may go in. I wonder why Henderson hasn't moved yet?
7) Top corner you say?
8) Shot stopper my arse. Useless feckwit. He better score a goal that isn't disallowed, from a corner, or i will be well pissed off!!

Belter it was not! Shite defending, shite goalkeeping and an opportunistic nature it was IMO.

Couldnt really see was half way back to the car by then.Have to say we got exactly out of the game what we deserved,nothing!And we were lucky to get that.Havent heard Ollies post match,but I guess hell rant and rave about the officials (And to be honest they were poor)but it cant disguise the fact that we were woeful,no guile,no belief,no passion just abjectely mediocre.Maybe a trip to the local DIY store to pick up a colour card could be an effective training ground aid,just gather everyone together and point out what colour we play in,only rule being you have to pass to a player in the same colour shirt (Way beyond most of them)And they want to put up season tickets next year-theyre having a laugh-FCUKED OFF

Thought we were good value for a 0-0 myself.

Today was shocking. No passion, no drive, no leadership, no creativity, no points.

Has IH blamed the ref yet?

On RL today he was still blaming the ref for the cov result, even though it was a blatant penalty. I'm losing patience with him if he can't accept we're just not playing well enough.

Only another 129 miles to go and I'll be home. England better start taking some wickets or I'll be even more pissed off.

Today was shocking. No passion, no drive, no leadership, no creativity, no points.

Has IH blamed the ref yet?

On RL today he was still blaming the ref for the cov result, even though it was a blatant penalty. I'm losing patience with him if he can't accept we're just not playing well enough.

Only another 129 miles to go and I'll be home. England better start taking some wickets or I'll be even more pissed off.

As in post 64......it was the pitch this time.

OK, stay calm everyone. This is a time for cool heads.

Objective: avoid relegation.

Strengths:
(1) We have won 2 of our last 4. So we aren't in a death spin.
(2) We have the support to intimidate now its crunch time
(3) We do have quallity senior players (Howard, Clemence, Oakley, Hendrie)
(4) The manager is naturally positive (rather than a natural bully)
(5) History is on our side
(6) Milan can't afford for us to go down
(7) We are better than at least 3 other teams in the doo doo
(8) 5 of our last 10 games are against teams in the doo doo

Weaknesses
(9) none (well not quite true but I'm trying to be positive here)

Come on the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was sat in line between the strike and the top corner, between him hitting it and it going in i had the following thoughts:-
1) Oh look that chap has the ball in space.
2) Ooh, i wonder why no one is making a challenge?
3) Hey look, he has hit it and its not flying over the family stand.
4) Henderson will dive now.
5) Bit odd. He hasnt moved, yet he has had as long to look at the shot as me.
6) Blimey this may go in. I wonder why Henderson hasn't moved yet?
7) Top corner you say?
8) Shot stopper my arse. Useless feckwit. He better score a goal that isn't disallowed, from a corner, or i will be well pissed off!!

Belter it was not! Shite defending, shite goalkeeping and an opportunistic nature it was IMO.

You must sit near me in the family stand! I'm in row v, p block. Most of those thoughts went thru my head too, but had a few swear words in with them.

Last edited:
You must sit near me in the family stand! I'm in row v, p block. Most of those thoughts went thru my head too, but had a few swear words in with them.
Kop. But you know what i was getting at, if a keeper is a shot-stopper he had a long time to save it, PH didnt move.

Classic walkers 1-0 loss IMO, should have been 0-0 and we were done!

OK, stay calm everyone. This is a time for cool heads.

Objective: avoid relegation.

Strengths:
(1) We have won 2 of our last 4. So we aren't in a death spin.
(2) We have the support to intimidate now its crunch time
(3) We do have quallity senior players (Howard, Clemence, Oakley, Hendrie)
(4) The manager is naturally positive (rather than a natural bully)
(5) History is on our side
(6) Milan can't afford for us to go down
(7) We are better than at least 3 other teams in the doo doo
(8) 5 of our last 10 games are against teams in the doo doo

Weaknesses
(9) none (well not quite true but I'm trying to be positive here)

Come on the City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm starting to think we have the look of a relegation side.

No confidence.
Impotent strikeforce
Dodgy keeper.
Lack of responsibilty by the players.
A defeatest attitude.
Lack of concentration resulting in late goals being conceded
Lack of fighting spirit when we are losing.
A manager that struggling for answers.

The pitch wasn't brilliant, but better than it has been and Preston had to play on it too.

The Ref wasn't brilliant, but again, Preston had to play with the same Ref too and he got some abuse from them as well, albeit muted compared to our noise.

I thought for the first 10/15 minutes we looked very good, but for some totally bizarre fcuking reason, Hume went to play on the left wing for the next ten minutes Hendrie went to play on the right. For me this is where it all went wrong, we never seemed to gel again after that.

Preston had one full blooded effort on goal, we had none. I think this was the big difference. So many bloody times the players were meandering aroung the edge of the area with no conviction and obviously under instruction not to shoot, why else wouldn't they?

I wish my name Ian/Iain, it seems I could get away with murder in Leicestershire.

the biggest game in our season is next week at Southampton, the good thing is we have to play all the teams in the bottom and around us but we need to make sure we come with out maxium points, the draw yesterday would have been so good but WTF why cant we beat the bottom teams.

Total shambles.Nothing positive to come out of that game at all. We had a premiership midfield of Clemence,Oakley,Hendrie and created nothing. Hume was absent without leave.Campbell looked lively but was too easily pushed off the ball and Howard looked like a pub player.The defence was non commital and seemed more intent on pointing at the ball rather than winning it. They were a very poor side and we couldnt break them down at home which is a concern. All the disallowed goals were correct decisions. The pitch is the same for both sides. We fight and we are not getting it right now that needs to be worked on and soon. The old slogan was foxes never quit IH needs to dig out an old poster and stick it up in the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669