Preston post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey! Will you all listen to yourselves!! Anyone would think we are relegated. There are at least 3 teams worse than us, we will not go down!!

We just need to get this season out of the way with our status intact and thn build for next season.

I hope you lot arent going on saturday with attitudes like this!!

the biggest game in our season is next week at Southampton, the good thing is we have to play all the teams in the bottom and around us but we need to make sure we come with out maxium points, the draw yesterday would have been so good but WTF why cant we beat the bottom teams.

I'm affraid thats wrong, the biggest game is Saturday.

Blimey! Will you all listen to yourselves!! Anyone would think we are relegated. There are at least 3 teams worse than us, we will not go down!!

We just need to get this season out of the way with our status intact and thn build for next season.

:icon_bigg :056:

the biggest game in our season is next week at Southampton, the good thing is we have to play all the teams in the bottom and around us but we need to make sure we come with out maxium points, the draw yesterday would have been so good but WTF why cant we beat the bottom teams.

I think that could be the worst thing to happen. Look at our recent results we have beaten Palace, Norwich and Cardiff who were all in decent form at the time and on paper looked difficult matches but then we have lost to Plymouth, Cov and now Preston which on paper looked the easier games.

In truth it would seem our players have no problems raising their games against the better sides but there appears that soft under belly when we play the weaker sides, and with a number of the bottom sides still to play, unless their is a miraculous change in approach and mentality then we could be in for a fecking massive wake up call.

Last edited:
I think that could be the worst thing to happen. Look at our recent results we have beaten Palace, Norwich and Cardiff who were all in decent form at the time and on paper looked difficult matches but then we have lost to Plymouth, Cov and now Preston which on paper looked the easier games.

In truth it would seem our players have no problems raising their games against the better sides but there appears that soft under belly when we play the weaker sides, and with a number of the bottom sides still to play, unless their is a miraculous change in approach and mentality then we could be in for a fecking massive wake up call.

Why would Plymouth be an easier game?

Blimey! Will you all listen to yourselves!! Anyone would think we are relegated
If avoiding relegation is the only standard you set for yourself, then no wonder you are happy.

Me, I hope for higher standards in life.

If avoiding relegation is the only standard you set for yourself, then no wonder you are happy.

For this season though? With where we are? Surely the only realistic goal this season is to avoid relegation and try to get as high in the table as we can?

For this season though? With where we are? Surely the only realistic goal this season is to avoid relegation and try to get as high in the table as we can?
No, I'm not happy at being in this situation, and if we avoid relegation I won't consider it job done.

Anything outside top 10 with the squad we've got, and I'll consider this season another wash out and another failure.

Just got back from the match!

Livid!

We lacked passion tonight, Howard was no good, Hume still cross. MOTM for me has to be Stearman he looked solid all night. DJ should have stayed on.

I sit in C1 on the goal line view, have to stay some of decisions made by the linesman were poor. With the offside goals, penaties turned down and unfair decisions it wasnt going to be our night.

Shame, we are now in deep trouble, i dont see us ever winning again

Agreed Scarbs DJ or Howard should have stayed on, I couldn't understand the double substitution then again I suppose Ollie bowed to the chavs singing for Matty Fryatt.

No, I'm not happy at being in this situation, and if we avoid relegation I won't consider it job done.

Anything outside top 10 with the squad we've got, and I'll consider this season another wash out and another failure.

:038: Spot on Melts.

This squad contains 5 players who were all involved in promotion winning campaigns last season, two as captain and one as top scorer this is hardly a patched up shoestring squad.

When I think of the shite that Rob Kelly got last season and that poor feckpig had to make do with the likes of Josh Low and Andy Johnson I dont think that compares to the likes of Matt Oakley, Lee Hendrie, Steve Howard, Stephen Clemence et al.

And yet we are no further forward if anything we have gone backwards because with such resources at our disposal we have still managed to feck this season up so badly.

Last edited:
:038: Spot on Melts.

This squad contains 5 players who were all involved in promotion winning campaigns last season, two as captain and one as top scorer this is hardly a patched up shoestring squad.

When I think of the shite that Rob Kelly got last season and that poor feckpig had to make do with the likes of Josh Low and Andy Johnson I dont think that compares to the likes of Matt Oakley, Lee Hendrie, Steve Howard, Stephen Clemence et al.

And yet we are no further forward if anything we have gone backwards because with such resources at our disposal we have still managed to feck this season up so badly.

Yes with the squad we have we should be much further up the table, and where we are in uacceptable. Maybe I mis-made my point but I have re-evaluated my expectations for this season and if we avoid relegation and work our way up the table a few places then I will consider this next part of the season successful, but yes, the season as a whole will still be a disapointment.

Feck it go on your own then :icon_bigg

I'm starting to think we have the look of a relegation side.

No confidence.
Impotent strikeforce
Dodgy keeper.
Lack of responsibilty by the players.
A defeatest attitude.
Lack of concentration resulting in late goals being conceded
Lack of fighting spirit when we are losing.
A manager that struggling for answers.

You forgot that last one - that simply the players don't want to play for the current manager.

What are your standards for the remainder of the season then? Promotion??

To suggest I am happy is ludicrous, howeer avoiding the drop is now the aim, it's people who don't realise that I worry about even more.

You can say what you like, but that performance was an utter disgrace

The first 70 minutes were a living nightmare, but the rest wasn't much better - all against what was an awful opposition

Led by undoubtedly the worst captain this club has seen for some time, putting in a performance of such ineptitude that is was hard to believe what I was witnessing. Ably assisted, by a lumbering useless cnut at the back (N'Gotty) and a lumbering useless cnut up front (Howard) - Kisnorbo had a piss poor game, and Jamie Crappo is simply not good enough for this league. And don't get me started on that feckwit supposedly playing on the right wing

All three goals were correctly disallowed - for those who couldn't see, one of our players actually punched the ball as the cross came in for the third. Good tactic, that. Couldn't have been more blatant

Clueless in every way

Doomed in every way

Last edited:
What are your standards for the remainder of the season then? Promotion??

To suggest I am happy is ludicrous, howeer avoiding the drop is now the aim, it's people who don't realise that I worry about even more.
I have no standards left for this season, it's gone. If we get relegated, it's because that's our standard and that's what we deserve.

My own personal standard is to allow people to continue having opinions and being able to express them without some halfwit telling them to shut up.

I have no standards left for this season, it's gone. If we get relegated, it's because that's our standard and that's what we deserve.

My own personal standard is to allow people to continue having opinions and being able to express them without some halfwit telling them to shut up.

Has someone told people to shut up then?:102:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670