Preston post match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea why the third one was chalked off. The ball went in the bottom right hand corner and the free kick was taken just in front of the left side of the 6 yard box!
Officials awful but shouldn't mask how poor we were and the game in general. Lack of width is painfully obvious and Clemence just ain't at the races in the middle, leaving Oakley to do all the donkey work and try to create stuff.
Hendrie, DJ and Fryatt all played well. I was watching through my fingers when N'Gotty went anywhere near the ball.

Do you know what BF, I am feeling the same as you - as the second goal was disallowed I sat there, laughed and said to my sister "you watch Preston score now" and then laughed when they did. I cant believe that I am not bothered by the results anymore and the fun has gone out of it for me.

No idea why the third one was chalked off. The ball went in the bottom right hand corner and the free kick was taken just in front of the left side of the 6 yard box!
Officials awful but shouldn't mask how poor we were and the game in general. Lack of width is painfully obvious and Clemence just ain't at the races in the middle, leaving Oakley to do all the donkey work and try to create stuff.
Hendrie, DJ and played well. I was watching through my fingers when N'Gotty went anywhere near the ball.

:icon_lol::icon_lol: your taking the piss you have too be

I thought DJ worked hard and at least showed some willing. And Hendrie, though clearly not fit, is clearly more creative than anything we have at present.
Still, we're fecked whichever way you look at it. Losing games like that is relegation form. I should know, I see it happen at the Marston's Stadium every week too.

Even Leeds look like they won't come straight back now.

This team has me at a loss. I don't know what is needed for us to turn things around, but we've had countless different managers, endless amounts of new players and even a new board, and none of it has made us better.

I still think we can stay up, but I just don't see how we're going to move away from being here every year.

That table makes for very grim reading though. Of the 5 teams below us, 4 have games in hand, and 2 of them have 2 games in hand!

I didn't go to the game - I expected it to be a miserable afffair and i could just about put up with that on a warm evening but not tonight.

However, I think you have got it spot on.

I've thought for some time now that we are going to just about survive but that we are making no progress whatsoever and that next season is going to be more of the same dross.

I'm more or less certain now that Holloway is the not the quality manager needed to make that real difference, but as we all know Milan has been unsuccessful in attracting that quality and unless Billy Davies is keen and ready to take the job, I can't see any point in making a change at the moment.

Just got back from the match!

Livid!

We lacked passion tonight, Howard was no good, Hume still cross. MOTM for me has to be Stearman he looked solid all night. DJ should have stayed on.

I sit in C1 on the goal line view, have to stay some of decisions made by the linesman were poor. With the offside goals, penaties turned down and unfair decisions it wasnt going to be our night.

Shame, we are now in deep trouble, i dont see us ever winning again

Anyone who paid to watch that dross tonight had the piss taken out of them by our players.

Fecking useless bunch of cnuts

Three goals disallowed, first two presumably offside (I can only confirm the second), feck knows what the last one was ruled out for. Two penalty appeals (at least) turned down, first one defenders arms all over Howard and general incompetence from two of the three officials.

Ordinarily, bearing in mind what I just wrote, I would sympathise with IH if he came out with similar excuses.

However, we let them get right back into us during the latter stages of the first half and they never really looked back - with or without the refs help.

We is deep in the doodoo.

Losing it all over the place, you ****ing *****.

Sorry ALex but that made me smile, i know it shouldn't but im finding my reaction to this surprising.

WTF were Stearman and Kisnorbo doing for the goal? Looks like they were saying go on, have a shot! oh oops Doh! Feckers.

Why was N'Gotty not taken off? He was so far off the pace most of the game it was frightening.

Picture the scene... I'm in the local (downstairs), united win, the arse win, the landlord flicks on SS news and i see we've lost. I get the p!ss taken, but i feel like i expected it to happen, i'm used to it now and yeah, BF, i'm beginning to care less and less. Why? because we use to be a force, we used to be "a difficult place to go" and now we're just a laughing stock.

I really dread going down cos, lets face it, our current flock cant work together, as they've proved for the last 3 games - why did Ollie not just admit at Cardiff we wernt that good, there is a lot of work to be done.

I too dont want to see holloway go but Milan's got his own agenda (Thai sales or otherwise) and he's got a business to run.......
Either way you look at it, between now and the end of the season, things are gonna happen, and we - as usual - are going to be dragged along for the ride

I think the third was allegedly handball...couldnt see anything wrong with it myself

Anyone know what the Preston keeper did after the final whistle? Going up the stairs to the exit when all hell broke loose and some of our lot were racing down towards the pitch - stewards out in force in front of D2.

Thinking about asking the club if they have video footage because one of our cretins (middle aged as well) barged down so fast he nearly knocked my missus and one of the kids over.

Hendrie, DJ and Fryatt all played well. I was watching through my fingers when N'Gotty went anywhere near the ball.

handball from what i saw the last goal:mad:

Anyone know what the Preston keeper did after the final whistle? Going up the stairs to the exit when all hell broke loose and some of our lot were racing down towards the pitch - stewards out in force in front of D2.

Thinking about asking the club if they have video footage because one of our cretins (middle aged as well) barged down so fast he nearly knocked my missus and one of the kids over.

Just gesticulated towards the crowd, it was an over-enthusistic celebration towards the crowd. On one hand nothing to get upset about, on the other, rubbing in the fact the linesman had a howler and he knew it!

I think the third was allegedly handball...couldnt see anything wrong with it myself

Couldnt really see was half way back to the car by then.Have to say we got exactly out of the game what we deserved,nothing!And we were lucky to get that.Havent heard Ollies post match,but I guess hell rant and rave about the officials (And to be honest they were poor)but it cant disguise the fact that we were woeful,no guile,no belief,no passion just abjectely mediocre.Maybe a trip to the local DIY store to pick up a colour card could be an effective training ground aid,just gather everyone together and point out what colour we play in,only rule being you have to pass to a player in the same colour shirt (Way beyond most of them)And they want to put up season tickets next year-theyre having a laugh-FCUKED OFF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669