Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the picture that will summarise the clowns period in charge. The final whistle sounds, we lose 5-0, all the backroom staff and players are in need of their boss and he's . . .

Db4aai3WkAAyaTI.jpg

I've agreed with you over Puel but not this.

I wouldn't even give the players a debrief today.

I think that has to be the nail in the coffin.
When you’re hanging by a thread, a 5-0 thumping to an average league side is not going to help much is it.

I think Puel started well. A few small tweaks and we saw some benefits. Gradual change looked positive and on the cards.

And then gradual change turned into instant change. ‘Gradual’, as the rest of us seem to know, means small changes over a period of time possibly amounting to something bigger.

It does not - as the football world seems to think - mean not changing anything for a little while, then changing absolutely everything overnight.

If Claude wanted to play with attacking full backs, maybe he should have waited until he had the squad to be able to.
If he wanted to play a no 10, then perhaps getting a number 10 first might have been a good idea?
I do not understand football managers. They’re in their own worlds.

We are going to be the soft, useless ****ers who give WHU the win they'll need to stay up.

He should be sacked for this alone.

Have to say up until yesterday I was prepared to give him the summer, but as soon as I saw Morgan back in the line up I expected us to get beat. What I didn't expect was a 5-0 hammering, this wasn't against Man City, this was Crystal Palace. We are a shambles and the manager has to go before our next game.

However this isn't just about the manager, there are other areas that need addressing and that includes getting rid of Rudkin and a number of the old guard. Just replacing the manager will not be enough, I hope the owners are brave enough to make these big decisions and make serious changes.

now I have slept on it the clear out needs to be with players 3 managers in the space of 12 months is ludicrous!

most of the players know they were being shipped out under Puel and is probably why they were so awful yesterday. The same happened with Spurs last season.

The chairman has 2 choices remove the players or the manager we have a decent group coming through with the u23's.

The Puel out theme has been done to death. Its difficult to conceive of a more misguided manager and its now down to the owners to get shut. But we also know that we need a competent Director of Football and also that there is a group of old guard players who are trouble with a capital T.

The one hope is that the owners are seriously wealthy and don't normally mess about. Best to see the May and June as an extended preparation spell for the next season. If we don't get serious and inevitably expensive change we are stuffed, nailed on for relegation.

I see the problem as follows. Players don't like the way manager plays. They play at 50% and blame the manager. He gets replaced, great for a while. Manager changes the way we play, players play at 50%, manager gets replaced. Can you see a pattern here? Players never do anything wrong. If the players were running their arses off I would be in their corner but they aren't. Even Vardy for the last few games hasn't been chasing lost causes. Changing the manager Will not resolve the problem unless the new manager is as hard as nails with the 100% backing of the board. If we sack Puel, we will not be showing any future manager that the board is 100% behind the manager.

Seriously how long does it take to get him a P45 drawn up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566