Puel out

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s in the hall of fame with Taylor, Holloway, Pleat and Sousa for me.

Which on paper is harsh given we are comfortable.

But I’m telling you...if this bloke gets the summer we will be relegated by Christmas.
I just hope Vichai can see it.

I’ve been dead set against getting rid of Puel for a while. I thought he was trying to change the way we play, perhaps for the better over the long term, but the last two thrashings have hanged my mind. I think he should go now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May as well close this thread.

They'll let him have the last 2 games but realistically we won't pick up any points from our last 2, and they'll get rid of him at the end of the season - and there's probably a clause that let's them do so cheaper.

I don't think it's a question anymore. He's gone, they're just not going to bother doing it yet with 2 games to go.

I’ve been dead set against getting rid of Puel for a while. I thought he was trying to change the way we play, perhaps for the better over the long term, but the last two thrashings have hanged my mind. I think he should go now too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This pretty much sums up my sentiments. I'd wanted to give him time, but I can't defend the indefensible. That 'effort' today was up there with one of the worst I've seen from a City team, and there's some stiff competition. Puel might even be trolling us now with his decisions. Benny at right back, moving Maguire into midfield and subbing off the only player that looked like he had a pulse in Diabate. Seriously? The owners must see the warning signs now. Time to go Claude.

I grew up on a dairy farm. Occasionally we would have an animal that would be very unwell. The vet would treat it in the small hope that it would somehow recover. This was a costly exercise. More often than not, the animal would end up being put out of its misery.

Does Vichai have a vets licence?

Me calling him Puelis is now very harsh on Pulis. From now on he's Puelo Sousa to me, he's the second coming I tell thee.

Hope Vichsi acts swiftly. West Ham and Everton are likely to be fishing in similar managerial pools as us and we don't want to catch a bottom feeder....

Yet again

Owners votes of confidence are normally the kiss of death. Anyone who has genuine confidence in Puel is off his head. I get that winning the PL has given us a false idea of our real status but that is far from meaning that we have to be satisfied with a manager who is nailed on to have us relegated. If the owners want to employ Puel let them find him a job elsewhere in their empire as far away from Leicester as possible. Of course there are other guilty parties in this wretched affair but Puel has set the disastrous tone not least Mahrez who has played silly buggers with the club for far too long and is now threatening not to leave this summer. Beyond a joke.

I went to a game at the back end of the 1976-77 season where City lost to an already second division bound Tottenham, what I saw that day had me thinking that they'll be relegated the next year if they keep playing like that, well they were. What I saw today was eerily like that game.

This pretty much sums up my sentiments. I'd wanted to give him time, but I can't defend the indefensible. That 'effort' today was up there with one of the worst I've seen from a City team, and there's some stiff competition. Puel might even be trolling us now with his decisions. Benny at right back, moving Maguire into midfield and subbing off the only player that looked like he had a pulse in Diabate. Seriously? The owners must see the warning signs now. Time to go Claude.

Me too.

We can't defend. We don't create. We've managed to completely nullify our two biggest threats in Mahrez and Vardy. To be clear, it's us and the way that we play that have nullified them, not the opposition.

..Followed by Rudkin, the defense (bar Maguire). The light weight shit in central midfield, the wide attackers with no end product .. the snakes (part III) and those that have wanted out for 2 years.

Over to you Harry.

I grew up on a dairy farm. Occasionally we would have an animal that would be very unwell. The vet would treat it in the small hope that it would somehow recover. This was a costly exercise. More often than not, the animal would end up being put out of its misery.

Does Vichai have a vets licence?

I’ll drive Morgan to Holland to get that dose.

I wanted to give Puel time because I knew that we needed a rebuilding job in both style and personnel, it looked like we had a found a decent balance around December time where we looked more comfortable in possession but still had a real cutting edge going forward, however over the last half a season we have digressed, our play is slow, laboured, we have no intensity and our forward play is toothless, I don't believe this is because the personnel are not there, I believe that the style of play is not suited to English football, it is outdated and if we continue with this, regardless of the players we bring in, we will be back in the championship in a blink of an eye.

For me let's build on a more possession based style but keeping the intensity and always looking to still play with pace and purpose. Puel and Rudkin have to go immediately and then in the summer break up the old guard and give the new manager the opportunity to build a new exciting team based around the quality younger players and a backbone of top quality experienced players like Maguire, Iborra and Vardy.

I wanted to give Puel time because I knew that we needed a rebuilding job in both style and personnel, it looked like we had a found a decent balance around December time where we looked more comfortable in possession but still had a real cutting edge going forward, however over the last half a season we have digressed, our play is slow, laboured, we have no intensity and our forward play is toothless, I don't believe this is because the personnel are not there, I believe that the style of play is not suited to English football, it is outdated and if we continue with this, regardless of the players we bring in, we will be back in the championship in a blink of an eye.

For me let's build on a more possession based style but keeping the intensity and always looking to still play with pace and purpose. Puel and Rudkin have to go immediately and then in the summer break up the old guard and give the new manager the opportunity to build a new exciting team based around the quality younger players and a backbone of top quality experienced players like Maguire, Iborra and Vardy.

You are about right but the way forward won't be easy. Leaving aside the personal animosity which the name Rudkin attracts the guy has just not done his job. His role implies that he sets some parameters for football strategy. The strategy which Puel has followed is well beyond bad. Just two good things - one, while Puel was being sensible we accrued enough points; two he has created a climate where the fans will be well up for clearing out most of the old guard. The cost is that he has turned us into the worst team in the division and almost certainly turned off decent player recruits and ,of course, potential quality manager replacements. How did Whispering Claude manage to fool people into them believing he knew what he was doing?

Still not sacked?

I can’t see it happening now until after the end of the season. It’s too close to their ‘vote of confidence’ and another couple of poor performances will allow them to have more justification externally

I really wanted him to succeed but I agree with you that, even if he finally gets it implemented successfully, his style of play is now outdated.
I want us to play fast, exciting football like Liverpool, Man City and Spurs. Quite clearly Puel is never going to produce that, whichever players he has at his disposal.

I really wanted him to succeed but I agree with you that, even if he finally gets it implemented successfully, his style of play is now outdated.
I want us to play fast, exciting football like Liverpool, Man City and Spurs. Quite clearly Puel is never going to produce that, whichever players he has at his disposal.
I’d settle for winning on a consistent basis football and he’s never going to achieve that either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566