QPR 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, how about that then?
I am drunk as a skunk and high on the blue boys...

Join the club.... christ that was good. A 90 minute performance from Leicester for once. well done NP and players, SPOT ON!!.

Everyone massively underating Neilson, one of the best players on the pitch all night long.

8/10

Excellent result, my only gripe, and it was the same against Reading and contributed to their goal, is that we allow teams a lot of time in front of our box without closing them down. We closed down well all over the pitch except for a hole in front of our D. Other than that a great, organised performance.

100% correct, we simply have to improve this one area of our play. I was screaming for us to close the down for the goal.

Not all the QPR fans thought we were so good

http://www.qprdot.org/viewtopic.php?t=41269&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Leicester came to Loftus Road to play football? According to the commentators that's what they did.

In my eyes they played to stop us from playing football (a wise decision) and on most occasions had 7 at the back, aiming to counter attack, hitting it over the top to their strikers who had the best of our defence all game.

They played well to stop us from creating anything, but just counter attacking a few times and scoring 2 goals is barely "playing good football". Fair play to them their defence is immense but our passing was poor and we were bullied into making stupid decisions as a result of their pressure.

Maybe we needed someone to lead by example, as our captain today was absolutely dreadful. Even Faurlin had a horrible game. Oh well, hopefully no other championship clubs were watching that to find out what it takes to stop us.

But reading the rest of the posts they all disagree and think we were the better side

Wow were joint top ATM ,many prem sides cant pass the ball as well as we did last night.
Was this our strongest side last night or is it horses for courses.
Also Ian Holloway stop brown nosing us as it wont make any difference.

Great result great performance I haven't been that excited watching leicester for a long time anyway here is how I saw it.

Weale-Excellent again looks very solid positioning is brilliant and the defenders seem to really trust him.

Neilson-Another good shift why people get on his back so much I will never know

Brown-Solid again very no nonsence but very affective

Hobbs-Excellent I thought his tackling,heading and even didtribution were as good as I have seen him.

Berner-Fairly solid looks a lot more comfortable than mclovin

Oakley-Better some good passing and work rate

King-Better than monday and when involved didn't do alot wrong just frustrating that with his talent he doesn't do more.

Wellens-Excellent again.

N'Guessen-Showed tonight he is limited but what he does do he does very well some very good crosses especially for fryatts first.

Waghorn-Looked good last night held the ball up well and very direct when in possesion has a lot to learn but when you remember he is only 19 you do realise he is going to be a cracking player.

Fryatt-After what I said earlier in the week about him needing a kick up the arse I thought tonight he proved me very wrong indeed and was superb in every!

Pearson- Special mention for big nige because whatever he has said to them between monday and friday seemed to work very well.

Last edited:
100% correct, we simply have to improve this one area of our play. I was screaming for us to close the down for the goal.

Another here in agreement about this. It was the same when Newcastle scored against us

I thought N'Guessan, and the decision to play him, was superb. We have a good squad now...

Weale impressed and seems to be growing by the week. I like his attitude in interviews. He's hungry to improve and do well.

Oakley and Neilson were both pants. The rest, brilliant.

If we can avoid too many injuries and add a couple of strong players in January, we could conceivably be gong to Wembley in May for a shot at a return to the big time.

Amazing turnaround from NP and co. I salute you.

Weale has started to impress a lot of people including myself.

Neilson played well, again his games have improved a lot recently, accept it!

We won't go to Wembley, will be an automatic spot surely!

Turnaround? WTF do you mean? Was that not 6 matches unbeaten and 3 wins in a row?

Last edited:
Superb performance so glad i went, i think everyone has said everything that needs to be said (though i have to say i thought Wellens was outstanding!). My personal highlight was looking over to the Leicester fans after scoring our first goal and seeing Hazz doing his hippo impression towards to qpr fans! Ears out puffed cheeks!

I thought N'Guessan, and the decision to play him, was superb. We have a good squad now...

I think N'Guessan can offer a great deal more but what he did last night was provide an excellent outlet and he also offered an option for the very occasional long high ball. He has the raw qualities required to be a very good player. Lets hope Nige can get the best out of him.

I was with a Villa fan (doesn't like Leicester in the slightest), and he was very impressed with us. He agreed that we were by far the better side on the night.

N'Guessan wasn't in the game as much as i'd have liked, but when he did get the ball we seemed dangerous. And his cross for the goal was sublime.

Fryatt was unlucky not to score earlier on in the first half. He had a go from a very tight angle and the keeper managed to make a great one-handed save. And both his goals were very composed. Capello for Fryatt maybe?

The back four were solid. Hardly put a foot wrong all night, as did the rest of the team. I don't think we had a poor performance from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669