Questions for the Foxes Trust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Melton Fox View Post
FT - What are the opinions of the FT and its members on the appointment of Nigel Pearson?

Please can I have an answer to my question Yesterday, FT. I did ask nicely and I don't intend to use it against you.

We haven't asked members for their views on the appointment as yet.

Trust Board wise, having seen a revolving turnstile of managers we hope for stability, success and that everybody will now get behind Nigel Pearson.

Why is this only important to posters who constantly attack us, other than to try to use the information for further attacks.

The membership numbers are always discussed at our AGM as they were back in February and detailed in our annual return, so they are not secret.

We are still the largest LCFC fans organisation

You can check back I've never made a single anti FT comment. In fact I've pointed out to Redditch when he's become obsessed with the issue. As a fan I find your refusal to speak honestly on a thread you set up yourself to aide your communication with ordinary fans extraordinary.

Last edited:
Well do we know how many members they have?

They don't know thats why they cannot say

You can check back I've never made a single anti FT comment. In fact I've pointed out to Redditch when he's become obsessed with the issue. As a fan I find your refusal to speak honestly on a thread you set up yourself to aide your communication with ordinary fans extraordinary.

Just to clarify - the issue that I am allegedly "obsessed" by is not the Foxes Trust per se. However, I do have a big concern when any small 'supporters' organisation - in this case with no stakeholding in the club whatsoever - which purports to represent the views of fans generally.

I keep returning to the Warnock issue - because I am certain that the decision not to appoint Warnock definitely cost us relegation and possibly even a play offs challenge. I am not saying that the FT played a major role in that error but to feed off the irrational prejudice against Warnock and serve that up to Mandaric certainly didn't help. Obviously, we do not know if Warnock would have accepted the job if offered but the FT played a negative role in a potentially very damaging episode.

The problem is that the local media are always quoting the FT, the official & the unofficial supporters club when it comes to manager issues. It is convenient to contact them just as it is for the club to have a sort of desultory conversation with the Trust from time to time and I understand this. Unfortunately, the Trust has developed a fairly patronising tone on this forum which I think quite a number of people find a problem.

Why not close this thread now, it seems that the trust will not answer even the most simple question so why have a thread to ask them anything?

I'd guess that the trust will fold when the last of the money donated by fans to save city has been used up on 'administrative expenses'.

Again I'll ask nicely.

How many members does the FT have. If it is not a secret then please put the number here in this thread or pm me on the quiet.

Thank you

bandwagon.jpg

FT,

I understand that MM had certain contractual obligations to put money into the club in return for his cheapo takeover. Your figures suggest that this figure is £7m-£9m.

His record is one of taking over a club when it can be acquired very cheap and leaving when he's made a profit. His initial plan for us was to invest, get promotion quick and sell. The reality of our last year left him wanting out but still determined to recover as much of his investment as possible.

Given that this money is not recoverable from a sale at the moment, is there anything to stop him from pocketing transfer fund profits?

i.e. He's just sold McAuley for £1.1m. Can he just trouser that and then recoup more by selling Stearman, Mattock, Hume etc?

Call me a cynical old fool, but a ruthless businessman might decide that is the best route to minimise a loss from this investment. Sell the assets, recoup most/all of his loss and leg it.

FT,

I understand that MM had certain contractual obligations to put money into the club in return for his cheapo takeover. Your figures suggest that this figure is £7m-£9m.

His record is one of taking over a club when it can be acquired very cheap and leaving when he's made a profit. His initial plan for us was to invest, get promotion quick and sell. The reality of our last year left him wanting out but still determined to recover as much of his investment as possible.

Given that this money is not recoverable from a sale at the moment, is there anything to stop him from pocketing transfer fund profits?

i.e. He's just sold McAuley for £1.1m. Can he just trouser that and then recoup more by selling Stearman, Mattock, Hume etc?

Call me a cynical old fool, but a ruthless businessman might decide that is the best route to minimise a loss from this investment. Sell the assets, recoup most/all of his loss and leg it.

Of course he can do that, it's his business he can do what he wants. It really is the only way to get some of his money back if he is in mind to do that.

Last edited by a moderator:
The survey which generated the results about anti Warnock feelings was carried out via e-mail to members only, all survey responses are recorded with members names who took part and kept on file, therefore it was a structured survey, which bar the "name one manager you wouldn't want", focused on the positive aspects of any appointment.
Wow. I can see that you could teach MORI a thing or two.

Therefore it is not an amatuerish approach.
Brilliant. :icon_lol: Even your spelling of 'amateurish' is amateurish.

Why don't you use the £15,000 you got from Milan to take all your members out for a night? I'm sure you'd have a great time at about £100 a head, you could then wind up your sorry organisation on a high rather than waste the cash on administration of a website and office.

Why don't you use the £15,000 you got from Milan to take all your members out for a night? I'm sure you'd have a great time at about £100 a head, you could then wind up your sorry organisation on a high rather than waste the cash on administration of a website and office.

We are here for the long term, and will utilise the funds in a responsible manner.

We also manage costs very effectively, so do not waste money, the main spend is currently on membership newsletters, the money returned from Milan, along with other funds previously raised are secured in case the club hits another crisis in the future.

How much do you think it costs to run the office and website?

The website is probably not much of a cost but renting an office would seem to be over the top for an organisation with about 200 members paying £10 a year. The goals of the Trust now seem to be 'continue to exist and that's it'.

The website is probably not much of a cost but renting an office would seem to be over the top for an organisation with about 200 members paying £10 a year. The goals of the Trust now seem to be 'continue to exist and that's it'.
I don't think anybody mentioned "renting" an office, just running one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669