R.e.s.p.e.c.t

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are people who believe that it is totally "uncool" to say anything good about anything.

There are also other people who are realists and aren't impressed by cheap stunts.
Isn't it great that there is such a variety of personalities in this world.

It makes me sad when rich, able bodied, ne'er do wells scandalously abuse young retards and nauseatingly crippled flids to push their own mercenary agenda.

Shameful. The only redeeming factor is that those poor flids probably can't even comprehend the violation that has occurred.

There are also other people who are realists and aren't impressed by cheap stunts.
Isn't it great that there is such a variety of personalities in this world.

Surely there is a difference between realists and people who regard it as uncool to be positive about anything.

The most aweinspiring sight I have ever seen is the Grand Canyon but someone who was there sneered it was nothing but a big ditch.
The most beautiful city I have ever been to is Venice (not the greatest which is Rome). I know a man who has nothing but contempt for it.

Realism is generally a very good thing though it should also be tempered with romanticism - as romanticism should be tempered with realism.
I have known people whose automatic response to any idea was a sneer. You may be right that it is good to have such a variety of personalities in the world but generally I have wished the sneerers were in some part of the world a long way from me.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case I should be misunderstood that my comments on sneerers in post 68 were not aimed at anyone on this forum but on a very few people I have met at work or on my travels. For members of the forum I have as ever unconditional regard.

The most aweinspiring sight I have ever seen is the Grand Canyon but someone who was there sneered it was nothing but a big ditch.
The most beautiful city I have ever been to is Venice (not the greatest which is Rome). I know a man who has nothing but contempt for it.

There speaks a man who has never witnessed Thurrock.

In case I should be misunderstood that my comments on sneerers in post 68 were not aimed at anyone on this forum but on a very few people I have met at work or on my travels. For members of the forum I have as ever unconditional regard.

I would like to think that this is Rogers' unconditional positive regard, not UNR?

Please say it is. I feel threatened by your ambivalence. :icon_conf

Surely there is a difference between realists and people who regard it as uncool to be positive about anything.

erm... well, yes. That was entirely my point.
Anybody that has any regard for what is 'cool' or 'uncool' is nothing but an arsehole.
Sneering for the sake of sneering is uncool.
Sneering when sneering is deserved is waaaaaay cool.

Realism is generally a very good thing though it should also be tempered with romanticism - as romanticism should be tempered with realism.
I have known people whose automatic response to any idea was a sneer. You may be right that it is good to have such a variety of personalities in the world but generally I have wished the sneerers were in some part of the world a long way from me.

My sweet lord, nothing I've ever read has brought me so close to instantaneous vomiting. Either this person is drunk or should get drunk as soon as possible.

And, seriously, if anyone finds anything beautiful in seeing footballers grudgingly obliged to smile next to the ill and infirm, then maybe realism should be tempered with romanticism. Which, obviously, is entirely unnecessary: You're all absolutely futile human beings, but God loves you. Michael Lamey is our worst right-back since Marc North, but he comes from a beautiful part of the world and that makes up for it. Seriously.

There speaks a man who has never witnessed Thurrock.
:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
My sweet lord, nothing I've ever read has brought me so close to instantaneous vomiting. Either this person is drunk or should get drunk as soon as possible.
The educationally subnormal person's response to everything: get drunk.
You're all absolutely futile human beings, but God loves you.
Ah, you're one of those religionish people. That explains your anger.
Michael Lamey is our worst right-back since Marc North, but he comes from a beautiful part of the world and that makes up for it. Seriously.
Obviously you don't remember Peter Canero or Alan Maybury.

And, seriously, if anyone finds anything beautiful in seeing footballers grudgingly obliged to smile next to the ill and infirm, then maybe realism should be tempered with romanticism. Which, obviously, is entirely unnecessary: You're all absolutely futile human beings, but God loves you. Michael Lamey is our worst right-back since Marc North, but he comes from a beautiful part of the world and that makes up for it. Seriously.

Would it be better if they racially abused the kids in the hospital? Create an atmosphere?

What a wonderful post.
It is clearly religious since it starts "My sweet lord" and claims that God loves us. However, where Marc North fits in theologically I am not sure.

I notice it was posted at 5.15 in the morning and clearly after a very good night. I am impressed you remembered at the time that Michael Lamey comes from a beautiful part of the world. Even when sober I don't know where Lamey comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669