Racist Chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worse than shouting "a town full of benders" etc at the Brighton fans.

Football crowds, usually led by idiots and/or drunks, don't have the brain power to think past the first insult that comes to mind. It won't disappear for a long time.
Spot on, if it was the "normal" people that don't go in A Block that did this then I would worried, it wasn't though. It was the usual dead heads ( as seen at EVERY ground ) that start the chants

( jeez I don't know how to class non-whites these days without being deemed a raving racist )

As black. It's not very hard.

Last edited:
In that case, as mixed race. It's still not very hard.

Last edited:
The thing I'm always baffled by though is that some people seem to actually want to offend people and seem to be almost proud about it. It's a depressing facet of human behavior I must say. The "if I offended you, good" attitude which I've heard plenty of people spout over the years is horrible.

If I accidentally offended someone, not necessarily for being part of a minority group, but for any reason. I'd realise I was wrong, apologise and never say similar things again. I remember in college saying something which wasn't on about teenage mothers being chavs and a 19 year old girl, who was probably the most hard working and intelligent person in the class and had a baby son, rightfully had a go at me. Would never say anything like that again though as I realise now how idiotic it was.

I dunno, you can't call a nig-nog a nig-nog these day without being branded racist. I remember when this was all Robertson's jam

You are joking, right?

No, but I may have missed the points as I didn't read any of the posts preceding that bit. Was his point not just that he didn't know what to call non-white people without being labelled racist because of the "latest buzzwords" or something?

Ah, ya daft racist.

Maybe Partridge quotes will stop the squabbling.

Disgraceful video. Those girls did nothing but fuel the hatred that the minority have.

They got away with it because they rarely drank and couldnt hack it I beleive?

Actually they didn't get away with anything, they received a suspended sentence. Which is fairly normal for a first offence of that kind. A friend of mine was attacked in the street and nearly died, the person responsible only received a similar sentence.

The judge's sentencing had nothing to do with their beliefs and what they could or couldn't drink. That was only mentioned by the defence team as part of their argument. This was then dragged up by the press to make it look like their beliefs got them off... which wasn't the case.

back to the point! they were chanting small town in bagdad! because its safer than shouting town full of p-----! they no the fa etc would come down hard on that! this will happen again all over the uk its not going away like shouting to andy reid you fat b-----d etc ,where do we draw the line at these abusive attacks? just a note to forest fans,your a multicultural city to!!!

Actually they didn't get away with anything, they received a suspended sentence. Which is fairly normal for a first offence of that kind. A friend of mine was attacked in the street and nearly died, the person responsible only received a similar sentence.

The judge's sentencing had nothing to do with their beliefs and what they could or couldn't drink. That was only mentioned by the defence team as part of their argument. This was then dragged up by the press to make it look like their beliefs got them off... which wasn't the case.
So to ask again, if white girls were giving a kicking to a black girl would they, in your opinion, be done under hate / race laws?

DaN, DAN, DAAAAAAAAN, DAAAAAN, DAN, DAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!!!!!

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
So to ask again, if white girls were giving a kicking to a black girl would they, in your opinion, be done under hate / race laws?

It's not a matter of opinion and it doesn't become racially motivated just because the people involved have different skin pigment

No, but I may have missed the points as I didn't read any of the posts preceding that bit. Was his point not just that he didn't know what to call non-white people without being labelled racist because of the "latest buzzwords" or something?

Sort of, it's difficult to know what he means at times!

I pulled you up because he mentioned 'non-whites' which could of course include 'non-blacks' as well and 'mixed race' would not always be correct.

We can still say what we like about the yellow ones, right? Or have the PC brigade clamped down on this too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669