Racist Chanting

Status
Not open for further replies.

FryattFox

Why?

Why take any forum seriously?

No one will change their lives based on your opinion, or mine...or even Gwilliam's. Getting all bent over an internet comment is pointless.

I follow the preachings (and they are preachings) of Macky religiously.

ChrisFilter

Perhaps you need to realise that we're not all idiots.

I don't think everyone's an idiot. Have a look back through the thread. Most people are expressing intelligent, reasoned and informed views. I was getting angry with the less intelligent, reasoned and informed views espoused by a minority of one.

Cate Fox

It's what it represents that winds me up, I suppose. It's a proxy for the sort of little England views that I find really depressing*.

*Not the forum as a whole, just the odd revealing comment.

How do you know that it's not someone on a wind up? A lot of stuff on here should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

ChrisFilter

How do you know that it's not someone on a wind up? A lot of stuff on here should be taken with a massive pinch of salt.

Perhaps, but I'm not going to feel too bad about getting depressed by people using ignorant or racist views as part of a wind-up.

ChrisFilter

Anyway, bedtime. As mawsley said, I'm not about to change anyone's mind here. I'll probably just reinforce certain views. I think it's always right to challenge ignorance though. But perhaps with less confrontation.

I did try and be conversational at first, mind.

Macky

Gruntled Member
I follow the preachings (and they are preachings) of Macky religiously.

You must be ****ing mental, not even I do that ya mad bastard.

You're right though, they are preachings

Last edited:

Richie

I quite enjoyed seeing all the different races coming together to riot last August, with no race being unfairly represented percentage wise....

Oh wait.

Macky

Gruntled Member
I quite enjoyed seeing all the different races coming together to riot last August, with no race being unfairly represented percentage wise....

Oh wait.

Do you live under a bridge?

Profondo Rosso

Firstly, would like to point out it was the use of the word 'coloured' I found archaic and rather jarring.

What's clear is that Forest, as a club, have been weak in dealing with racism. It takes a board that isn't afraid to incur the wrath of supporters who are profitable to them in the pursuit of decency on the terraces. Racism is not banter, the majority of decent Forest fans would agree with that. I know of a few Forest fans who are downright embarrassed in general by their fellow supporters in the Main Stand, it's seen as far more problematic and far more of a poor reflection on the club than our very own L Block.

L Block has its idiots, but it's a rare day when you hear a genuinely racist chant emanate from there. The Yuki dog eating abomination may be heard on occasion, but people are beginning to realise that's nonsense and sacking it off. There's abuse coming from there, shit banter and other stuff but racism? Rare indeed. This is in stark contrast to how things were in the bad old days of the 1980s, showing how far we've come as a club.

Disagree about us tbh. It was kind of cringeorthy reading the comments on FoxesTalk about this, not because of the comments in regards to it, but because exactly the same users who were going red in the face over this were one's writing very similar chants our fans sang towards Brighton earlier this season as "harmless banter" and the Yuki chants are also embarrassing.

Not saying either is right, because I don't think they are, but I don't agree with this criticising Forest fans and saying they are archaic or their club hasn't done enough to challenge this for and trying to make out we are better than them, because we aren't, our fans/club are just as bad. The people who sing songs like that are just idiots, nothing to do with the club they support, they are just idiots as individuals.

Last edited:

Miles Away

I will go on record as fully supporting ChrisFilter throughout this conversation.

Coloured? "Shut the **** up" is right.

I hope I live long enough to see an end to this sort of absolute shite.

Rich is CLEARLY ill-informed. I only hope he is intelligent enough to revise his opinions and language.

BlueBlood

Fully agree with ChrisFilter trying (unsuccessfully unfortunately) to get the Daily Mail readers, Cate and the Forest fan, to take racism seriously.

Bit surprised to see one of our own women not wishing to show empathy with another group who suffer discrimination....of a different kind.

(A note from the Office fan maybe? "Calm down dear....now don't play the sexism 'card' love" )

Rich B

'Coloureds'?! Jesus effing Christ, Rich. What decade are you living in? Surely you know that that's also offensive?

You clearly know VERY little about this topic and are making a muppet out of yourself. I don't know any black or Asian people who ever choose to play the 'race card'. What you're saying is ignorant, patronising and offensive. I suggest you shut the **** up or do yourself a favour and educate yourself.
For the record, no insult was meant in any way shape or form by the word "coloured". So I do not make this basic error again can you please arrange for a continually updated lexicon of words so that old gits like myself can check for updates.

My Dad was in hospital a few years ago ( died around two weeks later aged 84 after a stroke ) and a nurse pulled me to one side and asked me if he was racist. He called a nurse "darkie" without an ounce of malice, as he had done all his life.

Don't worry though, as my generation dies away and pressure from the pc brigade grows, anyone and everyone will all have new buzzwords and labels.

Oh, and thanks for the advice on shutting the **** up, will decline your gracious offer thanks.

Mawsley

Fully agree with ChrisFilter trying (unsuccessfully unfortunately) to get the Daily Mail readers, Cate and the Forest fan, to take racism seriously.

Bit surprised to see one of our own women not wishing to show empathy with another group who suffer discrimination....of a different kind.

(A note from the Office fan maybe? "Calm down dear....now don't play the sexism 'card' love" )

Well you certainly know how to win arguments and influence people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669