Random News Article Thread

Have you seen the recent Marr interview? He pretty much disagreed with everything he originally stood for when standing to be Labour leader. He was either lying then or is lying now. I do think he'd be better than Truss (ffs....) but I don't trust Starmer at all.
I haven't , but I might force myself to

Have you seen the recent Marr interview? He pretty much disagreed with everything he originally stood for when standing to be Labour leader. He was either lying then or is lying now. I do think he'd be better than Truss (ffs....) but I don't trust Starmer at all.
Brexit has happened and there will be no easy or cheap ways to undo it, the UK had one of the best deals going with the rebate and they won't get anything like that if they try to rejoin. Labour has to figure this into their politics if they are to be taken seriously, Starmer is dry as sticks and pragmatic, any politician that can't review options when faced with a changed situation is useless

Brexit has happened and there will be no easy or cheap ways to undo it, the UK had one of the best deals going with the rebate and they won't get anything like that if they try to rejoin. Labour has to figure this into their politics if they are to be taken seriously, Starmer is dry as sticks and pragmatic, any politician that can't review options when faced with a changed situation is useless

Tbh....brexit has nothing to do with it?

It will do for a lot of people though, sadly.

Of course. It'll still be top billing for the next GE (maybe more after that) with both sides saying they'll get it done again. One of his pledges did mention brexit. But the subject of Brexit itself is not my reason to distrust the chap....that all lies with him admitting he's willing to go back on his word in order to win.

Tbh....brexit has nothing to do with it?
I thought that was one of the main points of the Marr interview but tbh I don't really take much notice of the mainstream political journalists as they are all in the same pond to differing degrees, I did have a chat with Ed Miliband and he seemed to have good explanations for the current policy shifts but then again he's not fit for office because he can't eat a sandwich properly. Starmer wouldn't be my choice of leader but I'm not making the choice.

I thought that was one of the main points of the Marr interview but tbh I don't really take much notice of the mainstream political journalists as they are all in the same pond to differing degrees, I did have a chat with Ed Miliband and he seemed to have good explanations for the current policy shifts but then again he's not fit for office because he can't eat a sandwich properly. Starmer wouldn't be my choice of leader but I'm not making the choice.

One of many points. He made a bunch of pledges to the Labour members and has gone against all of them as he feels he needs to in order to win a GE. There may be genuine reasons for changing obviously, but he also claims he didn't support nationalising utilities despite there being a video of him doing just that in the run up to leadership votes. As I said earlier, he's either lying now or was then...maybe both.

Thanks for the reminder of simpler times when eating a bacon sandwich was an important issue for the country.

One of many points. He made a bunch of pledges to the Labour members and has gone against all of them as he feels he needs to in order to win a GE. There may be genuine reasons for changing obviously, but he also claims he didn't support nationalising utilities despite there being a video of him doing just that in the run up to leadership votes. As I said earlier, he's either lying now or was then...maybe both.

Thanks for the reminder of simpler times when eating a bacon sandwich was an important issue for the country.

From last year, but the 10 point promises are in there

and Mordaunt is out, the Brexiters choosing the remainer Truss as their empty vessel

boy is she gonna look daft when she has to talk

So the biggest lie from Starmer is that he said he'd put up income tax by 5% on top earners, but now he says he won't?

So, a policy change?

So the biggest lie from Starmer is that he said he'd put up income tax by 5% on top earners, but now he says he won't?

So, a policy change?

Is that your favourite one? Mine would be the public ownership thing he definitely supported but actually didn't and even never supported in the first place despite having supported it.

But tbh the Christian Wakeford thing and the subsequent invites to other Tories to switch sides is what finished it for me. It's disrespectful to people who vote Labour as they don't want Tory MPs and also to his constituents who voted for a Tory.

Until the Wakeford crap i was willing to let other shit slip. Remember during a covid peak when virologists were recommending WFH and closing schools....he demanded schools stayed open "no matter what" but insisted that open air zoos should close. Forensic.

Anyway, I'm off to busy myself reading all our transfer activity. Won't be back for a minute or 2.

The choice of Starnmer or Sunak/Truss FFS

Absolute complete bollocks

Said it once and I’ll say it again, politics is ****ed in this country, and any hope of democracy with it

Voting for any of these utter ****s is ****ing pointless - and don’t even think of the woke wet blanket Liberals FFS. Might as well stick a red hot poker through your skull and end it all

Is that your favourite one? Mine would be the public ownership thing he definitely supported but actually didn't and even never supported in the first place despite having supported it.

they just seem a bit weaselly. If I was in power I’d do this, well maybe not. Meh

compared to “no rules were broken” , “£350m a week for the NHS” , “I didn’t know he was a bit handsy”

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463