Random News Article Thread

Infinite monkeys producing Shakespeare.
...a practical test of the thought experiment that wonders whether an infinite number of monkeys pounding on an infinite number of typewriters would be able to produce Shakespeare's works by accident.

No it isn't. It's a metaphor that demonstrates the nature of infinity. It's not any kind of 'thought experiment' and it can't be tested, that's the ****ing point.

No it isn't. It's a metaphor that demonstrates the nature of infinity. It's not any kind of 'thought experiment' and it can't be tested, that's the ****ing point.

It's a ridiculous 'experiment' as, like you say, it cannot be tested. It is an analogy for infinity and some computer program churning out random letters doesn't prove or test anything. If some twat wants to waste his time and money doing that then he's welcome.

I just enjoyed the comments and implied surprise that 'Practical experiments show monkeys have poor keyboard skills'. Who'd have thought.

Get orf my land! The only farmer in the world who doesn't want to see Rihanna cavorting topless in a field

She has certainly become well known for her sexed-up antics both onstage and off.
But Rihanna's raunchy moves became too much for one Northern Irish farmer, who gave the star her marching orders when he objected to to her peeling off her clothes on his land.

Just not on! Democratic Unionist Party Alderman Alan Graham said he was fetching his tractor when he saw her cavorting in the field and thought it was unacceptable

Yesterday the 23-year-old singer was filming the video for her new single We Found Love with Scottish DJ Calvin Harris in a muddy barley field near Bangor, Co Down in Northern Ireland.
Alan Graham, 61, pulled up in his tractor to tell Rihanna to cover up and later said, 'Her behaviour was inappropriate.'

The filming, which saw the California King Bed hitmaker strip off her baggy jans and checked shirt to reveal a bikini made out of red handkerchiefs, took place close to a busy dual carriageway.
article-2042412-0E1C9C2900000578-253_634x479.jpg

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...halted-disapproving-farmer.html#ixzz1ZAplBRws

But did anyone have him in the deathlist.......

But did anyone seriously have to go into an Apple store to pay their respects?

The person I've just heard being interviewed called Job's actions and creations profound. This person was taking a bunch of flowers to a shop.

The person I've just heard being interviewed called Job's actions and creations profound. This person was taking a bunch of flowers to a shop.

Just another Jobsworth no doubt

Facebook is unbearable at the best of times, today is on another level of unbearableness.

Facebook is unbearable at the best of times, today is on another level of unbearableness.

Surely that is just the result if befriending people who aren't your friends?

I've only had one comment on my news feed and that was a pisstake.

Surely that is just the result if befriending people who aren't your friends?

I've only had one comment on my news feed and that was a pisstake.

I'd hardly call accepting a FB "friend" request, befriending anyone. More like I just wish to out-stalk people who are stalking me.

I've deleted and denied more people than I think I am actually friends with. I thought I had a decent bunch before they started RIPÃ*ng Steve Jobs and posting "ISad :-("

I'd hardly call accepting a FB "friend" request, befriending anyone. More like I just wish to out-stalk people who are stalking me.

I've deleted and denied more people than I think I am actually friends with. I thought I had a decent bunch before they started RIP�*ng Steve Jobs and posting "ISad :-("

"Hi, can we be friends? Just accept my friend request."

"Okay."

=/= befriending. :102:

:icon_wink

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611