Random News Article Thread

Man found after being snowed into his car since Christmas, in Sweden.

m.thelocal.se/39186/20120218/

How bizarre. How on earth did he end up there? And can you not break your way out of a car (even that's been snowed in)? I guess if he was in the middle of nowhere he may not have wanted to, but still.

How bizarre. How on earth did he end up there? And can you not break your way out of a car (even that's been snowed in)? I guess if he was in the middle of nowhere he may not have wanted to, but still.

I think the advice is to always stay with your vehicle and wait to be rescued

Man found after being snowed into his car since Christmas, in Sweden.

m.thelocal.se/39186/20120218/
Ah. That's my neck of the woods normally.

The man had no relatives or friends, and he had not been reported missing. Only the fact that he'd gone that far up north in the winter makes me think it was a suicide attempt...

An incredible story anyway. Wonder if he urinated to keep himself warm.

Ah. That's my neck of the woods normally.

The man had no relatives or friends, and he had not been reported missing. Only the fact that he'd gone that far up north in the winter makes me think it was a suicide attempt...

An incredible story anyway. Wonder if he urinated to keep himself warm.

I was looking at a map earlier. Only about 80 miles away from where you used to live.

If it had been a suicide attempt, perhaps he should have got out of the car.

I was looking at a map earlier. Only about 80 miles away from where you used to live.

If it had been a suicide attempt, perhaps he should have got out of the car.

I wondered if he had taken provisions with him as we are recommended to if we plan on getting stuck for a wee whole. Also why no mobile phone?

I wondered if he had taken provisions with him as we are recommended to if we plan on getting stuck for a wee whole. Also why no mobile phone?

Wee hole?

You mean an improvised toilet?

Or is this about the one-eyed trouser snake?

Mr Skyllbrg's neighbour meanwhile said he was a "loner" who disappeared after a failed business venture left him mired in debt.
"He had got into a lot of debt, and he couldn't pay his bills, and then he just disappeared," said Magnus Jernberg, Mr Skyllberg's neighbour in Karlskrona, Sweden

His debts stood at 1.6 million so I see, plus his girlfriend walked out on him.

Perhaps it was a suicide attempt he just wanted to go slowly. Or it could have been a cry for help but no one was listening

Last edited:

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Tottenham 610
9Brighton69
10Nottm F69