Random News Article Thread

45 years ago, when I first developed a political mind, this current government would absolutely have been seen as extremists. The idea that this bunch of corporate glove puppet incompetents & bland middle managers somehow represent the normal process of government is ****ing insane.

Every institution in this crumbling wreck of a country ****ing NEEDS to be undermined.

But of course it won't be. Labour under Starmer will be 0.5% better & thats yer lot. Keep business happy, don't rock the boat etc etc ad infi ****ing nitum.

& to round it all off...loads of people won't even give a shit because " doesn't apply to me or people like me , so I don't care "

Yeah.

Read a ****ing history book sometime. It doesn't apply to you. Until it does.

Too ****ing late then.
the public gets what the public wants, I agree in large with what you are saying however, I believe it will become worse under Labour and Starmer. Not because of left versus right but because "we" the people have elected incompetent politicians.

As always the consensus is somewhere in the middle amongst the pejoratives being hurled. As for history books that has been slowly eradicated in our educational system and our MSM outlets.

the public gets what the public wants, I agree in large with what you are saying however, I believe it will become worse under Labour and Starmer. Not because of left versus right but because "we" the people have elected incompetent politicians.

As always the consensus is somewhere in the middle amongst the pejoratives being hurled. As for history books that has been slowly eradicated in our educational system and our MSM outlets.
I’m not sure how it can be much worse.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-...54ad5325a3f53728285e2e&pinned_post_type=share

State of these ****s. Imagine (it’s hard in the world we live in) having to leave your home because you and your family are in danger. Imagine taking that incredible risk of losing your kids on a dangerous journey, but having no other viable option because the danger of that trip is far less than the danger of staying put.

Now imagine encountering this sheer level of inhumanity. We are run by the worst kind of privileged ghouls. It’s just a staggering lack of empathy.

Obviously Starmer will make everyone train circus bears and dig holes for communist labour.

Somehow this government have managed to convince the British people that they cannot have better. This is complete and utter horseshit.

When I was at college Blair's government enacted EMA.
EMA (if you don't know) was a payment made to low income schoolchildren who continually attained a 9% attendance (I think). It provided the benefit of allowing lower income kids to do things like learn to drive without taking finance from their parents, or volunteer, or do things like DoE without having to work to cover the costs (whilst also cementing good attendance and promptness).
Ultimately the impact of that is that when kids have some funds, they don't get suckered in as easily to drug rings, and also don't spend as much time vandalising stuff because they can't afford to do anything else.

This is one single policy that the last Labour government had that would be a tremendous improvement. It seems many brits have totally forgotten this existed, and for my penny's worth - it was a great policy.

It is an example of what good government should do - make policies where the social benefit outstrips the cost, even when there is no revenue based profit involved. Never going to happen under this government. I doubt Rishi knew anyone claiming EMA unless their parents cleaned his house.

Obviously Starmer will make everyone train circus bears and dig holes for communist labour.

Somehow this government have managed to convince the British people that they cannot have better. This is complete and utter horseshit.

When I was at college Blair's government enacted EMA.
EMA (if you don't know) was a payment made to low income schoolchildren who continually attained a 9% attendance (I think). It provided the benefit of allowing lower income kids to do things like learn to drive without taking finance from their parents, or volunteer, or do things like DoE without having to work to cover the costs (whilst also cementing good attendance and promptness).
Ultimately the impact of that is that when kids have some funds, they don't get suckered in as easily to drug rings, and also don't spend as much time vandalising stuff because they can't afford to do anything else.

This is one single policy that the last Labour government had that would be a tremendous improvement. It seems many brits have totally forgotten this existed, and for my penny's worth - it was a great policy.

It is an example of what good government should do - make policies where the social benefit outstrips the cost, even when there is no revenue based profit involved. Never going to happen under this government. I doubt Rishi knew anyone claiming EMA unless their parents cleaned his house.
I'm sure Rishi knows about EMA, he probably parks his private plane there sometimes.

Well obviously it couldn't - but Project Scare is only just beginning, whereby the public will be warned by the press, 'influencers'; and complete ****ing idiots, about how a world with Keir Starmer at the helm is Armegeddon Stage 1: Gathering of the Armies of the Antichrist

This country is full of stupid people - be interesting to see how many of them get suckered in by it

All governments go to shit. It's inevitable once they've had a few years and the 'talent' is wiped out and pettiness and corruption takes hold.

I've come to believe that no government should be allowed power for more than five years. Once your time is up, you're not permitted to regain power for another five years.

That would improve delivery no end. The current shower are totally lost and knackered. 14 years is too long. 13 years was too long for the previous Labour government too. And as for the mess from 18 years before that . . .

We should also repurpose the House of Lords to be a long term thinking chamber. They should only be interested in the long term benefit of everything.

Having worked with governments of both colours, there is virtually no difference between them. You're slightly better off with Labour if you're poorer and slightly better off with Conservatives if you're richer. Most people in between will notice no difference.

It's the system that needs updating, not the colour of the government itself.

All governments go to shit. It's inevitable once they've had a few years and the 'talent' is wiped out and pettiness and corruption takes hold.

I've come to believe that no government should be allowed power for more than five years. Once your time is up, you're not permitted to regain power for another five years.

That would improve delivery no end. The current shower are totally lost and knackered. 14 years is too long. 13 years was too long for the previous Labour government too. And as for the mess from 18 years before that . . .

We should also repurpose the House of Lords to be a long term thinking chamber. They should only be interested in the long term benefit of everything.

Having worked with governments of both colours, there is virtually no difference between them. You're slightly better off with Labour if you're poorer and slightly better off with Conservatives if you're richer. Most people in between will notice no difference.

It's the system that needs updating, not the colour of the government itself.
BN,

The people are incapable of updating the system they have been indoctrinated into believing that they must vote for the main parties otherwise it is a wasted vote. If as you say a government can only serve for 5 years would it mean that people would take a deeper look into how they vote and would they become more engaged at a local level?

I fully concur there is no difference between the main parties and has been that way since I can remember (new Labour onwards). For me the establishment is deeply corrupted and the masses willfully ignorant of the case, as for democracy that ship has sailed, just look at the Tory party election of Sunak, Silver Fox asked me can it get much worse under Starmer, the answer is yes and in a bloody big way, he is the natural evolution to Sunak.

We are living in a kleptocracy/technocracy and ignorance will ensure it stays in place.

BN,

The people are incapable of updating the system they have been indoctrinated into believing that they must vote for the main parties otherwise it is a wasted vote. If as you say a government can only serve for 5 years would it mean that people would take a deeper look into how they vote and would they become more engaged at a local level?

I fully concur there is no difference between the main parties and has been that way since I can remember (new Labour onwards). For me the establishment is deeply corrupted and the masses willfully ignorant of the case, as for democracy that ship has sailed, just look at the Tory party election of Sunak, Silver Fox asked me can it get much worse under Starmer, the answer is yes and in a bloody big way, he is the natural evolution to Sunak.

We are living in a kleptocracy/technocracy and ignorance will ensure it stays in place.
Forgive me - I don't understand that sentence. Can you elaborate? Howso?

the public gets what the public wants, I agree in large with what you are saying however, I believe it will become worse under Labour and Starmer.

The public don't really get a say in what we want. The democracy we get is a bit of a sham with a choice of the red or blue arsecheek from the same billionaire controlled arse. I'm not sure how anyone could judge whether or not starmer will be better or worse than Sunak. I think he'll be worse than Blair though. There's no room for different opinions in his party (Blair had a decent range in his). I think Blair is a war criminal **** just for clarification. The only opinions that matter to Starmer are those of his financial backers, so if anything he'll be another puppet like Sunak. Time will tell if he's better or worse I suppose....

who is talking about us in the above drivel?

**** of you ****s,

It's meant to say They're talking about the US. Maybe a mod can alter it so we can continue to talk about our politics.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-67418363?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=6554ad5325a3f53728285e2e&Ignore law and remove asylum seekers on the same day - Tory deputy chairman&2023-11-15T13:40:31.469Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:e790040d-c3a5-48b0-9b5b-0439dccd68d6&pinned_post_asset_id=6554ad5325a3f53728285e2e&pinned_post_type=share

State of these ****s. Imagine (it’s hard in the world we live in) having to leave your home because you and your family are in danger. Imagine taking that incredible risk of losing your kids on a dangerous journey, but having no other viable option because the danger of that trip is far less than the danger of staying put.

Now imagine encountering this sheer level of inhumanity. We are run by the worst kind of privileged ghouls. It’s just a staggering lack of empathy.
Unbelievable isn't it. A court of extremely experienced people determines that an action is not considered legal because the country is not safe for those refugees and instead of actually listening to them we have a government that decides to try and steamroll legislation. AND this lot weren't even ****ing voted in!

Tell you what though, that Starmer would be much worse.

The public don't really get a say in what we want. The democracy we get is a bit of a sham with a choice of the red or blue arsecheek from the same billionaire controlled arse. I'm not sure how anyone could judge whether or not starmer will be better or worse than Sunak. I think he'll be worse than Blair though. There's no room for different opinions in his party (Blair had a decent range in his). I think Blair is a war criminal **** just for clarification. The only opinions that matter to Starmer are those of his financial backers, so if anything he'll be another puppet like Sunak. Time will tell if he's better or worse I suppose....
Fitz
I have the same opinion, I was trying to point out that until we the public stop voting for the same parties nothing will change.
the current crop of MP's are banking on our voting patterns.
it starts with us electing the right people at the local level. the point I was trying to make with Starmer, is that he is the natural successor to Sunak, it was no coincidence that Bill Gates personally visited Starmer this year.
When Starmer was asked did he prefer Parliament or the WEF. his response told us everything we need to know, he stated the WEF because Parliament would stop what he wanted to do.
that is a Marxist ideology from my point of view and one I personally do not support, there may be many in this country who do, well good luck to them.
When people tell you what they think and what they will do, you should believe them, hence the public really does get what it wants in this case.
Whether it is through ignorance or outright belief, that is democracy, IMHO I think democracy has been gradually subverted and will soon be gone unless people wake up and give a shit.

Fitz
I have the same opinion, I was trying to point out that until we the public stop voting for the same parties nothing will change.
the current crop of MP's are banking on our voting patterns.
it starts with us electing the right people at the local level. the point I was trying to make with Starmer, is that he is the natural successor to Sunak, it was no coincidence that Bill Gates personally visited Starmer this year.
When Starmer was asked did he prefer Parliament or the WEF. his response told us everything we need to know, he stated the WEF because Parliament would stop what he wanted to do.
that is a Marxist ideology from my point of view and one I personally do not support, there may be many in this country who do, well good luck to them.
When people tell you what they think and what they will do, you should believe them, hence the public really does get what it wants in this case.
Whether it is through ignorance or outright belief, that is democracy, IMHO I think democracy has been gradually subverted and will soon be gone unless people wake up and give a shit.
Given that, in reality, we live in a country and system where only two parties are capable of having a majority, the last thing I'm going to do is vote for this bunch of ****s that have run the country down over the last 13/14 years. Einstein's line about insanity seems to be particularly relevant, to me.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4563