Ranieri out

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Wagner for me.

Just read Pardew is fav to be next Leicester manager at 5-1.

FFS keep Claudio!
he usually starts well so hire him until the summer but I doubt its true, remember our last manager search different favourite every day at the bookies

If and when Ranieri does go I'd like us to do what Swansea did to climb through the leagues and commit to a playing philosophy, with management hiring and transfer policies to match. Build an identity.

We have the resources to do so successfully so long as we have the vision and the patience.

Pardew would be horrific. I would give up on Leicester until he left.

So imagine we drop Drinkwater, Mahrez and Vardy. What kind if reaction do you think we'd get from them? Do they knuckle down and show the desire to get back to full form? Or do they dissapear into the abyss?

Who gives a shit what they do ?

They contribute nothing to the team right now, so they can go feck themselves for all i care

Who gives a shit what they do ?

They contribute nothing to the team right now, so they can go feck themselves for all i care
But will they ever be in a position to contribute again? Are they the type of characters to come back? We could be stuck with them for some time.

Vardy would, Mahrez and Drinkwater can go in the summer

What?

Mahrez is 24 and has skills, he'll be a very good player again.

Drinkwater has skills, he'll be a good player again.

Vardy is possibly finished, nobody will take him in the summer perhaps we can hope he's just on his alternate off year.

What?

Vardy is possibly finished, nobody will take him in the summer perhaps we can hope he's just on his alternate off year.
Claudio knows that as well, and was hoping it would be sooner rather than later.
His job is now on the line, if he has called them out, then time to have the bollox and drop them.
With the Liverpool game being 2 cup games away, use the 2 cup games for his revised team to gel.

Claudio knows that as well, and was hoping it would be sooner rather than later.
His job is now on the line, if he has called them out, then time to have the bollox and drop them.
With the Liverpool game being 2 cup games away, use the 2 cup games for his revised team to gel.

I agree.

What?

Mahrez is 26 next week. I do agree with you though. In a team that knows how to get the best out of him he could still be a world class force.

Owners appear to be intent of sticking with Claudio. I'm not surprised given how sticking with Pearson worked two years ago. Not sure the circumstances are the same though. We were still a team two years ago, we aren't one anymore. We're in freefall, performances are poor and getting worse. It's a brave decision.

Owners appear to be intent of sticking with Claudio. I'm not surprised given how sticking with Pearson worked two years ago. Not sure the circumstances are the same though. We were still a team two years ago, we aren't one anymore. We're in freefall, performances are poor and getting worse. It's a brave decision.

Its a decision I agree with I think by CR outburst after the game the gauntlet has been thrown down to the entire squad, lets hope we get a reaction.

Its a decision I agree with I think by CR outburst after the game the gauntlet has been thrown down to the entire squad, lets hope we get a reaction.

He won't get a reaction.

The problems with the players are largely psychological. Ranieri's approach of telling them to fight and work harder is entirely counter-productive in the circumstances. If only it were that simple. The players are clearly crippled by fear, confusion and anxiety.

We can't (and shouldn't) sack Ranieri but I think our chances of staying up with him now are minimal. He simply doesn't know what to do.

We experienced a 'perfect storm' of things falling into place last season. This season is another 'perfect storm', just an entirely opposite one.

We might just as well get used to it. We're going to be back in the Chumpionship next season with a new manager, a bunch of new players, and start all over again.

Cant quite see how you dont want Ranieri sacked if you expect we'll wind up with a new manager once weve been relegated.

I see this season as a colossal underachievement given the money spent on top of last years massive achievement, for that reason it's totally different to the great escape season when it made sense to stick with Pearson.

Cant quite see how you dont want Ranieri sacked if you expect we'll wind up with a new manager once weve been relegated.

I see this season as a colossal underachievement given the money spent on top of last years massive achievement, for that reason it's totally different to the great escape season when it made sense to stick with Pearson.

That's exactly why it's a perfect (shit)storm.

I don't get why we cannot bring someone new into the coaching team. Pearson did it all the time. He brought in Phillips and he transitioned Powell. Why can't we bring in someone like Gary Rowett. He isn't doing anything and might inject some new ideas.

I don't get why we cannot bring someone new into the coaching team. Pearson did it all the time. He brought in Phillips and he transitioned Powell. Why can't we bring in someone like Gary Rowett. He isn't doing anything and might inject some new ideas.

We could. However neither Ranieri nor the owners have any links to Gary do they?

I would imagine it would be very difficult to convince a promising manager like Rowett that taking a coaching job with us is the best way to progress his career in management. I'm sure he would take the manager's job if we offered it to him but a coaching role? Not a chance. Nothing in it for him but money which he doesn't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363