Real Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything I have read suggests that the Everards Brews are considered 'Real Ales'

Try going to a camra meeting or festival, most people I have met at them would call Everards mass produced crap but better than John Smith's, Boddingtons etc. If people like Tiger that's fine

Try going to a camra meeting or festival, most people I have met at them would call Everards mass produced crap but better than John Smith's, Boddingtons etc. If people like Tiger that's fine

Though I love real ale, I try not to pay any attention to the people you might find at meetings or festivals. Viz seem to have actually toned them down in order to produce the 'Real Ale Twats'.

Individual taste is far more important than 'what you should be drinking', and I was delighted to find a cask of Tiger on at my local in Huddersfield recently.

Though I love real ale, I try not to pay any attention to the people you might find at meetings or festivals. Viz seem to have actually toned them down in order to produce the 'Real Ale Twats'.

Individual taste is far more important than 'what you should be drinking', and I was delighted to find a cask of Tiger on at my local in Huddersfield recently.

They tend to congregate in the City Arms in Cardiff. The beardie wierdies with their own mugs stand around in beer stained shirts talking fuggles and farting constantly. The phrase I heard from one of them was "I never knew how to taste beer before Simon here opened my eyes a couple of years ago". Stupid **** drinking beer that's been knocking around on the back of a dray for a couple of hundred miles, whilst overlooking the award winning beer that's barely travelled half a mile from the embankment.

My mate was telling me that Brighton put on a guest ale from the away teams area, so he had a few pints of tiger in the away end, I think that's a great touch.

My mate was telling me that Brighton put on a guest ale from the away teams area, so he had a few pints of tiger in the away end, I think that's a great touch.
Yeah, it wasn't bad, they had another ale on as well, Harveys I think it was. As you say, it was a nice touch, rather than having the usual fizz-pop on. Hats off to them.

Had a pint of Doombar the other night in the Orange Tree. It didn't make me want another one. That may have been due to the fact it quite late on though...

Had a pint of Bulmastiff Son of a Bitch lunchtime. As good as ever.

Rhydal, have you tried Brains' Milkwood? Just had a glorious pint in Sully after a quick visit to the beach.

Rhydal, have you tried Brains' Milkwood? Just had a glorious pint in Sully after a quick visit to the beach.
No sir. I've tried several of Brains seasonal beers and they tend to taste like a batch of SA that failed quality control.
However, if you're in the city centre I heartily recommend a pint of Wells Waggle Dance in the Wellington. Yum.

Had a pint of Doombar the other night in the Orange Tree. It didn't make me want another one. That may have been due to the fact it quite late on though...

I noticed last week that they serve it in the bar at Euston station.

Meanwhile, I had a decent pint of Adnams at The Grey Lady today.

Last edited:
Obviously not as good as from a hand pump but had a nice bottle of Tribute tonight, followed by one of my favourites, a bottle of Wainwright from Thwaites. Never seen it on a pump locally.

Washing them down now with a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon Shiraz from Banrock Station, but that's for another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669