Real Ale

Status
Not open for further replies.
xxx.jpg

which is ore than you can say for
india 08 038.jpg

This is sold in the beer section of US supermarkets.

View attachment 9499

I prefer it to beer.

Not to be confused with lemonade though. It's 5% alc/vol and I doubt whether it could be sold with a lemonade tag in the UK.

No sir. I've tried several of Brains seasonal beers and they tend to taste like a batch of SA that failed quality control.
However, if you're in the city centre I heartily recommend a pint of Wells Waggle Dance in the Wellington. Yum.

Brains' Reverend James is a cracking pint, one of my favourite ales. It actually gets better the more you drink of it. Smashing stuff.

Aviator from Dent goes down easy. NZPA from Hawkshead is fantastic but will bankrupt you within a month. Triple XBP is currently on tap, @ 8.5%, in their beer hall. I'll need to find a designated driver for that outing.
If anyone is up this way don't miss out on a trip to The Watermill, Ings. They seem to be working hard to replace most of the generic offerings with their own.

Aviator from Dent goes down easy. NZPA from Hawkshead is fantastic but will bankrupt you within a month. Triple XBP is currently on tap, @ 8.5%, in their beer hall. I'll need to find a designated driver for that outing.
If anyone is up this way don't miss out on a trip to The Watermill, Ings. They seem to be working hard to replace most of the generic offerings with their own.

We're up in Hawkshead for our summer holiday, will have a look out for these!

Just checked the tariff. Feck me it's the Beatrix Potter factor. Pretty, but dull. It's not a bad place to play football though (Esthwaite Vale).
I'm going to have a swift Geltsdale, Hell Beck. ~Then pack an overnight bag. Malham and Ribblesdale on Tuesday. Single room @ £40, or bunk house (£12) + 3 course meal £15 + ales? The Golden Lion here I come.

London-dwellers - check this deal out:

http://www.kgbdeals.co.uk/london/deals/112257/beer-master-class--brew-dog--london

Beer tasting master class at BrewDog's Camden bar, a load of free beer and a cheese/meat board for two people - just £20. I'll definitely be going.

If you're interested, beware - it's only available on Tuesdays or Sundays, they don't make that very clear on the site.

Anyone here a fan of BrewDog?

Yep, 'fan' might be overdoing it a bit, if I'm honest, but I like what they're about and they make some tasty brews. I'd be in like a mad thing for the beer tasting if I was in that area, without a ****ing doubt.

London-dwellers - check this deal out:

http://www.kgbdeals.co.uk/london/deals/112257/beer-master-class--brew-dog--london

Beer tasting master class at BrewDog's Camden bar, a load of free beer and a cheese/meat board for two people - just £20. I'll definitely be going.

If you're interested, beware - it's only available on Tuesdays or Sundays, they don't make that very clear on the site.

I'm still kicking myself because I didn't buy brewdog shares, the offer was great, consoling myself with punk IPA and red wine tonight but if I'm near on the right night I'll be there.

Sounds a bargain.

Yeah I was typing in a rush, didn't really think it out. You know what I mean, £10 each and you get 5 beers thrown in and a load of cheese and meat, can't be bad. Wouldn't get change out of a tenner for 3 pints in most Camden bars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669