Record Signing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see it in my browser, Jeff! I just get blank boxes on the right.

Using Firefox at work if it makes a difference?

I don't see it in my browser, Jeff! I just get blank boxes on the right.

Using Firefox at work if it makes a difference?

Have you accidentally closed it by clicking on the
collapse_thead.gif
in the top right corner?

It's recalled above that O'Neill signed Eadie. Remember that O'Neill also signed 'fatty' Fenton, another dire signing. MON's signing Tony Cottee at £500K was very good value. To$$er Taylor dispensed with his services - the legend that is Akinbye filled the void with another void.
In Micky Adams' era (I think), Les Ferdinand was a joy to behold in pretty joyless times.

Last edited:
Haven't read the whole thread but didn't we pay a tidy sum for some guy from Leeds at the time who wound up being injured for the majority of his time here before retiring... Matt something.

Haven't read the whole thread but didn't we pay a tidy sum for some guy from Leeds at the time who wound up being injured for the majority of his time here before retiring... Matt something.

Matt Jones - already mentioned by Fitz, post #19

There's a link to that very helpful resource on the right of this page, it's been there for years. The one that says "results".
It's getting to be pretty unreliable though. For example the other day it had Curtis Davies down as having come on as sub for England last week...

I was that bored watching that garbage, he may well have done for all I knew.

:bang:

I may be wrong but didn't we pay £3.5m for Scowcroft?
Reported variously as between £3m-£3.5m.

Surely the record signing question is something City fans just know? I've always assumed that if you asked a fellow Fox to name our record signing he or she would say, without hesitation, Akinbiyi. It's like asking what our old stadium was called, or what year the club was founded. It's an easy one that nobody should get wrong.

Thought this thread was about alex sat in Ainleys with a pen, waiting for someone to buy a Custom Blue CD

What a let down

Reported variously as between £3m-£3.5m.

Surely the record signing question is something City fans just know? I've always assumed that if you asked a fellow Fox to name our record signing he or she would say, without hesitation, Akinbiyi. It's like asking what our old stadium was called, or what year the club was founded. It's an easy one that nobody should get wrong.

We know that was cleared up in post two people were just discussing other high transfer fees.

It's shameful that we paid out our highest ever transfer fee for one of the worst players ever to pull on a City shirt. Such a monumental failure.

No it's not, it's such a tragedy that it has a human beauty attached to it. Like Othello or Hamlet such a tale of suffering and frustration defines what it is to be human. A record signing like Akinbiyi's resonates about you as a reminder of man's fallacies and failings and makes you re-asses your own self and being in a the way a successful record signing like Fernando Torres doesn't.

I never want us to break it!

Last edited:
They continued the trend but didn't start it, Manchester United did in the nineties. They were regularly paying ridiculous sums of money for players long before anyone else.

Are you sure you're not confusing Manchester United with Blackburn? Blackburn were spending many times that of ManUtd in the early 90s.

No it's not, it's such a tragedy that it has a human beauty attached to it. Like Othello or Hamlet such a tale of suffering and frustration defines what it is to be human. A record signing like Akinbiyi's resonates about you as a reminder of man's fallacies and failings and makes you re-asses your own self and being in a the way a successful record signing like Fernando Torres doesn't.

I never want us to break it!

Like Frank Sinclair's o.g's

Thought this thread was about alex sat in Ainleys with a pen, waiting for someone to buy a Custom Blue CD

Is the pen for him to write a cheque for a refund out when they find out they don't like it?

:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670