Reid, Royle or Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apart from luck there are three ways out of this division and in to the promised land.

1. Relegated clubs with parachute payments spent wisely. I think we can discount that one.

2. High profile manager, spends tons of money attracting half decent players gets out of division quickly or burns. Tigana, Souness maybe Ince.

3. Promising younger or experienced at this level manager who builds a team and team spirit over a couple of seasons. Grayson, Holloway, Cotterill and one I've mentioned earlier but nobody else seems to have picked up on, Geraint Williams at Colchester. Great record at a small club, could he repeat it at a bigger one?

Any appointment is a gamble, MM needs to decide what his strategy is.

one I've mentioned earlier but nobody else seems to have picked up on, Geraint Williams at Colchester. Great record at a small club, could he repeat it at a bigger one?

His predecessor, who got them to the championship, managed half a season at Hull. He's had one decent season with what he inherited - unlikely to be repeated this year.

The online version is altered to the print version in order to achieve a hit point/click through as well.

The print version is so santitised is has to rate as one of the most worthless articles I've read this year.

Pathetic non-story.

:081: & i was under the impression The Times was one of the more relevant tabloids.

LEICESTER chairman Milan Mandaric has put Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins on his shortlist as he bids to replace former Foxes chief Gary Megson.

But the Iron will not let Adkins go without a fight and chairman Steve Wharton is willing to offer a bumper contract to the man who led them into the Championship last season.

Fomr THE SUN (sat)

My old man said last week he thinks Joe Royle would be our best option for next season. Do you agree?

Generally considered by Ipswich fans to have been pretty hopeless there, in his last job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566