Reid, Royle or Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jewell is the only 'un for me but I can't see it happening.

Dowie ok for this division, I'd feel a bit disgusted that we would be nicking off Covskum.

Souness one of the most over-rated managers going. Both times he achieved success he inhertied a team halfway there at Liverpool and Rangers. He nearly got Blackburn relegated with a decent team and made a fool of himself at Newcastle. But there is the attraction of it's 'rough' appearance which would hopefully kick some cnut's into orbit.

He also got them promoted and won the league cup!

Funny you should say that but whenever a name is linked with us I always try to imagine if I could see them managing in the Premier League and with Holloway its a definate No

strange, I do that with the team, and the answer is........

I know that we all want to be in the Premiership yesterday, but I really think we need to build from where we are. We are a bottom end Championship team and perhaps we need to become a top end team, and then get a Premiership manager.
Let's face it, Milan is hardly slow to change personnel when required.

strange, I do that with the team, and the answer is........

I know that we all want to be in the Premiership yesterday, but I really think we need to build from where we are. We are a bottom end Championship team and perhaps we need to become a top end team, and then get a Premiership manager.
Let's face it, Milan is hardly slow to change personnel when required.

I know what you are saying but I don't think MM thinks that way,he wants a Manager now who can manage in the Premiership,rightly or wrongly

Last edited:
I know what you are saying but I don't think MM thinks that way,he wants a Manager now who can manage in the Premiership,rightly or wrongly

I think Milan's biggest problem is that he is too busy trying to find the next Harry Redknapp instead of concentrating on securing a manager who stands out for his own achievements.

Last edited:
I think Milan's biggest problem is that he is too busy trying to find the next Harry Redknapp instead of concentrating on securing a manager who stands out for his own achievements.

TBh I think at the moment he's having trouble finding anybody full stop.

I think his problem is he's an irractic fecker - and therefore no one at the club (least of all that arse licker Birch) have the balls to tell him when he is clearly making a mistake!

Re the Reid, Royle or Souness bit, the BBC's Wigan page thing is saying that if they don't get Jewel the three main candidates are:
Reid, Royle & Souness.

There MUST be someone else somewhere not just these three.

(They also mention Alex McLeish and Swansea City's Spanish manager Roberto Martinez)

I saw that. MM must be slipping up if we haven't been linked with McLeish and Martinez.

I think his problem is he's an irractic fecker - and therefore no one at the club (least of all that arse licker Birch) have the balls to tell him when he is clearly making a mistake!

Interesting you mention that Buffoon, and I kow this is completely off topic, but why the feck do we have to put up with that bumbling idiot.

I am sure someone much closer to Birch than I will give you a long list of what he does that makes him a very valuable member of the club.

I am sure someone much closer to Birch than I will give you a long list of what he does that makes him a very valuable member of the club.

Reads out the teams in the executive area pre match?:102:

Let's be grateful that he stopped reading out the names of the players and expecting the crowd to shout their surnames - now that was embarassing

works at the Emirates but was never going to work at the Walkers

Regarding Souness,has anybody seen/heard from him recently.

Ive heard no quotes from him recently.

Last edited:
I've not seen any quotes from Sounness, Reid or Royle, maybe they are just sat by there phones waiting for the call...

I've not seen any quotes from Sounness, Reid or Royle, maybe they are just sat by there phones waiting for the call...

Royle is the only one who has come out and said hes been interviewed.

At least hes honest, and doesent mind being knocked back,if he dont get the job.

Royle is the only one who has come out and said hes been interviewed.

At least hes honest, and doesent mind being knocked back,if he dont get the job.

Perhaps he's the only one who is comfortable about being associated with the job in as much as he sees getting an interview as a plus.

One of the problems is that we see ourselves as more than we are. True there is a very decent fan base and a modern reasonable sized stadium.....but we don't have too much else going for us.

Perhaps we do have to correct our thinking and accept a Reid or a Royle - I think that's awful but maybe my expectations have been too high.

Tigana would be a good appointment.Well liked at flum only left due to fall out with board . lates name linked too the Walkers.
Beats all the others in the running by a long shot..

Tigana,s BLUE ARMY has got a ring too it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669