Reid, Royle or Souness

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope Milan is sensible and doesn't make an appointment for the sake of it, Taggs and Frank whilst not the long term solution are more than capable of holding the fort until the right man does become available and if that means waiting for 2 or 3 months then I think it is better than making a second rate panic appointment which will only end in further disappointment and upheaval.

I think we may be being a bit quick to criticise the Taggs/Burrows partnership. Aside from a disappointing first half display at Deepdale, I think they've done ok TBH. Moving Fryatt to his new position could well be a master-stroke too. I would prefer these stay on than get Reid or Royle I think.

I agree on the basis that I would rather have a splinter in my finger than a knife in my arm.

I would guess these are a pair of honest blokes , one who has had lots of experience at a mainly backroom level and one who knows the club......but I don't see them as the likely catalyst for a big improvement.

I think we may be being a bit quick to criticise the Taggs/Burrows partnership. Aside from a disappointing first half display at Deepdale, I think they've done ok TBH. Moving Fryatt to his new position could well be a master-stroke too. I would prefer these stay on than get Reid or Royle I think.

I just hope Milan is sensible and doesn't make an appointment for the sake of it, Taggs and Frank whilst not the long term solution are more than capable of holding the fort until the right man does become available and if that means waiting for 2 or 3 months then I think it is better than making a second rate panic appointment which will only end in further disappointment and upheaval.

How about if we drift into the Relegation Zone by Christmas.We have fart-arsed about before and still picked a duffer,if we continue to dither then I can only see us missing out on anybody who is half decent.

Last edited:

think i agree with you all we need to do is to turn draws into wins

One point worth making is that Burrows' managerial record is arguably better than Reid's. A few promotions with - I thnk - Cardiff and Portsmouth, an Autoglass cup, it just seems he's never been all that ambitious for management.

Let's not get too carried away by the idea of Grayson or Newell, though. Let's remember that Reid's record actually eclipses both of theirs, especially Newell for whom it's hard to find much positive to say beyong 'he got Luton promoted' (his previous promotion was practically achieved before he joined Hartlepool and Newell did nothing more than nearly mess it up). As for Grayson, there's not a great amount to suggest he'd be any better than the experienced candidates we're looking at. The only reason we're so desperate for a young exciting manager is that we hope we'll chance upon O'Neill pt.2, which simply isn't going to happen.

He'd never have tolerated Mandaric, for a start.

But we might well do that if we appoint Peter Reid or Joe Royle.....

Doesn't have to be Peter Reid or Joe Royle though does it? I realise I'm alone on thids but give it two more winlless matches and I think a few might start thinking differently.We are stuck in limbo,going nowhere on a rudderless ship.It needs sorting and it needs sorting now..IMO:102:

How about if we drift into the Relegation Zone by Christmas.We have fart-arsed about before and still picked a duffer,if we continue to dither then I can only see us missing out on anybody who is half decent.

The gamble is however that we appoint a manager currently available, but not very good, and then a better alternative becomes available prior to January. MM isn't going to want to pay out more compo in getting the right man IMO.

It's out of Tigana, Grayson/Little, Taggs/Burrows IMO. If Tigana agrees, then it's his job I reckon. Otherwise, keep it as we are and hope Davies, Burley or Dowie become free.

Last edited:
Doesn't have to be Peter Reid or Joe Royle though does it? I realise I'm alone on thids but give it two more winlless matches and I think a few might start thinking differently.We are stuck in limbo,going nowhere on a rudderless ship.It needs sorting and it needs sorting now..IMO:102:

I agree with you, HF - but I would have Taggs/Burrows in preference to either of those two clowns any day

If anyone half decent will take it then they're out the door for me

The gamble is however that we appoint a manager currently available, but not very good, and then a better alternative becomes available prior to January. MM isn't going to want to pay out more compo in getting the right man IMO.

It's out of Tigana, Grayson/Little, Taggs/Burrows IMO. If Tigana agrees, then it's his job I reckon. Otherwise, keep it as we are and hope Davies, Burley or Dowie become free.

Who is to say that he would come here,the better alternatives now don't want to:102:

I agree with you, HF - but I would have Taggs/Burrows in preference to either of those two clowns any day

If anyone half decent will take it then they're out the door for me

He's a Grade One Cnut with zero personality and all the charisma of a housebrick but I think Newell would do a good job.Nobody knows just how good he is so he's one of very few available who are 'unexposed'.I finfd it amazing that MM hasn't even spoke to him :102:

He's a Grade One Cnut with zero personality and all the charisma of a housebrick but I think Newell would do a good job.Nobody knows just how good he is so he's one of very few available who are 'unexposed'.I finfd it amazing that MM hasn't even spoke to him :102:

Newell would do well for us IMO ,ok he showed us a bit of what he could do but i think give him the right amount of money to spend in Jan and we could make play off's this season .

This could happen for any of the managers being linked to us right now if they came here .

this is where i think Newell has the lead on them ,i think he would get us there where the others mite ,im not saying im right its just my thoughts

Newell would do well for us IMO ,ok he showed us a bit of what he could do but i think give him the right amount of money to spend in Jan and we could make play off's this season .

This could happen for any of the managers being linked to us right now if they came here .

this is where i think Newell has the lead on them ,i think he would get us there where the others mite ,im not saying im right its just my thoughts

Newell is now my Number 1 for the job,I think he's the only realistic decent target there is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669