Richie Wellens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst on the other hand, we're way bigger than Barcelona. Where did they finish in League 1 last year? Eh? Looks like they didn't even enter. Ha! Pathetic.

I guess if no-one else signs that's a first-choice midfield of Dyer, King, Wellens and Oakley.

Not too bad unless you're a King-hater. Or worried about Dyer getting cold.

Not sure what type of player the lad is but we are crying out for a ball winner.

Far too many times last season King, Oakley etc were out fought forcing Berner into the middle to mix it, which only had modest success.

And to think we were on the verge of signing Mark Davies for less than being is bandied around for this guy! Now that Bolton have signed Gary O'Neill we should try and get him back on loan!

And to think we were on the verge of signing Mark Davies for less than being is bandied around for this guy!

Were we?

Now that Bolton have signed Gary O'Neill we should try and get him back on loan!

I don't think NP would have Davies back, he wasn't happy with the way Davies buggered off without warning just before a match.

From the Mirror. :icon_conf

Leicester and Doncaster at odds over Richie Wellens

Leicester's move for Doncaster midfielder Richie Wellens is being held up because of a £200,000 difference in valuations.

The Foxes have offered £1million but Rovers are sticking out for £1.2m.

Just bobbed myself with the sheer excitement of this wonderful news

Do please control yourself Homer, what are you going to do when we make a big signing..............no.............no...............no..............they're all going to Prest.....no...........no..............no

Last edited:
Do please control yourself Homer, what are you going to do when we make a big signing..............no.............no...............no..............they're all going to Prest.....no...........no..............no

God help us if we sign Darren Carter, that's all I can say

Nurse, the screens........

Indeed, that was my point against Stevens quoted article

Papers don't really break news any more, with 24 hour news channels and the internet they find themselves a day behind, or in the mercurys case a week.

Hope the figures are correct though, anything more for a 29 year old is a bit steep.

I've just read that BBC Leicester are reporting City will sign Wellens today so why aren't the Mercury even mentioning it? It just seems so slow when you consider the fact he was having his medical yesterday.

I've just read that BBC Leicester are reporting City will sign Wellens today so why aren't the Mercury even mentioning it? It just seems so slow when you consider the fact he was having his medical yesterday.

BBC are a semi-legitimate news department, whereas the Leicester Mercury is a crap local rag frightened of saying anything before an 'official announcement' is made by the club for fear of angering someone and having their 'reporters' banned from the ground.

I expect any prospective signing will sit down and computate all the available information about Leicester City and Preston North End and whoever and will arrive at a scientific answer as to which is the "bigger" club. Obviously they will be as obsessive about whether LCFC is a "bigger" club than Swansea or Cardiff as we all are.

Alternatively, they might just sign for the club that offers them the biggest wage packet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669